Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 PM #1
smy1

New to paintball 300-500$ budget

Hello I am very new to paintball I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I have a budget of 300-500$ for everything that I need to play. Just looking for a decent mid end one that's good for my budget

Does anyone have any suggestions also what do I look for in a paintball gun and stuff.
smy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2014, 05:00 PM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Get a good mask to start. Empire events/eflex, Dye I4, Virtue Vio, Vforce grills and profilers are all good masks. There are others as well.

For a marker, you can get an entry level electric marker new or an older mid-high end used. Read some reviews to see what may be good for you.

For a hopper, I suggest looking into getting a used rotor. Very durable and can be used for any level of play.

For an air tank, I suggest getting compressed air. Look into getting a 68 cu 4500 psi carbon fiber tank (standard size) used off the BST here. As long as it is in hydro for a few years you will be good.

For a pack, I suggest getting a 4+5 harness. NXE, Dye, empire, Valken, GI all make good harnesses.

For clothes, get yourself some good arm pads. For knee pads, you can either get paintball specific ones or get a good pair of volleyball knee pads. You can get some basic older paintball pants for relatively cheap or just get a pair of cargos from a mil surplus store or thrift store. For a shirt, a light weight longsleeve is cheaper than any jersey.

Look around the BST sections on here and, if you have questions, post up what you find and we can help you. For a good gun, look into GOG.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 PM #3
smy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
Get a good mask to start. Empire events/eflex, Dye I4, Virtue Vio, Vforce grills and profilers are all good masks. There are others as well.

For a marker, you can get an entry level electric marker new or an older mid-high end used. Read some reviews to see what may be good for you.

For a hopper, I suggest looking into getting a used rotor. Very durable and can be used for any level of play.

For an air tank, I suggest getting compressed air. Look into getting a 68 cu 4500 psi carbon fiber tank (standard size) used off the BST here. As long as it is in hydro for a few years you will be good.

For a pack, I suggest getting a 4+5 harness. NXE, Dye, empire, Valken, GI all make good harnesses.

For clothes, get yourself some good arm pads. For knee pads, you can either get paintball specific ones or get a good pair of volleyball knee pads. You can get some basic older paintball pants for relatively cheap or just get a pair of cargos from a mil surplus store or thrift store. For a shirt, a light weight longsleeve is cheaper than any jersey.

Look around the BST sections on here and, if you have questions, post up what you find and we can help you. For a good gun, look into GOG.
Ok thx is spyder and etek2 any good?
Old 07-07-2014, 06:15 PM #4
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Etek 2 is good, but you could probably find an ego8 for the same price or close to any etek2 on here. If you van find one I'd go that route.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:37 PM #5
smy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog2987 View Post
Etek 2 is good, but you could probably find an ego8 for the same price or close to any etek2 on here. If you van find one I'd go that route.
My friend told me JT is a bad brand for gun why is this?
Old 07-07-2014, 09:49 PM #6
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Not sure. I don't have experience with any JT gun. People seem to really like the new Impulse. He's probably talking a out their old school guns. I can't comment on those.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 PM #7
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D4 division
The jt impulse is fantastic, its not the cheap plastic jt guns of yesteryear.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:13 AM #8
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smy1 View Post
My friend told me JT is a bad brand for gun why is this?
Your friend has no experience with the JT Impulse. It's also out of your price range.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM #9
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
the older jt guns were just cheaply made spyder clones. i have one sitting on my table that i can not get to work even after replacing almost everything in it.
don't over look a cheap axe pkg i have seen people dropping them for like 300 with tank and loader.
for mask by the most expensive one you can afford this is something to not skimp on.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:04 AM #10
Ackon

Helmet - Proto Axis $80, my cousin uses it, its comfortable and good coverage
Tank - USED 68/45 or 50/45 whatever is comfortable ~$100
Hopper - USED Rotor ~$90-100
Marker - $220 remaining. You could get an used axe. If you can a spare about $50 more, you can likely try to pick up an EGO7 in the BST.

i would lay off the jersey and pads, since it's not something you must have to recball.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 PM #11
empirepbplayer93
OLD GREG'S GOT A MANGINA!

empirepbplayer93 supports Cereal Killerz 2
empirepbplayer93 helped look for balloons
empirepbplayer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackon View Post
Helmet - Proto Axis $80, my cousin uses it, its comfortable and good coverage
Tank - USED 68/45 or 50/45 whatever is comfortable ~$100
Hopper - USED Rotor ~$90-100
Marker - $220 remaining. You could get an used axe. If you can a spare about $50 more, you can likely try to pick up an EGO7 in the BST.

i would lay off the jersey and pads, since it's not something you must have to recball.
I agree with this almost completely... 75%, I believe! haha
Definitely go with Vforce Grills. They may be a little more expensive but the comfort, protection, and looks have made mine last for years. Only thing that I have ever had to replace on them was the lens.

AND remember: your tank, mask, and hopper can last you through many guns. So don't skimp on their quality because later on down the road you may not be happy with them and have to upgrade them at the same time that you're looking to upgrade your gun and that's no fun. Trust me... my wallet just took a beating when I realized that it was time to get a new tank and hopper after I bought my LV1.

Last edited by empirepbplayer93 : 07-10-2014 at 11:45 PM.
empirepbplayer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:29 AM #12
smy1

Is there anything for 300-400$ that could be my budget

I was thinking about maybe the Kingsman Fenix GoG extcy or GoG envy or the black board one

Somthing better then the rentals

Last edited by smy1 : 07-14-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:36 PM #13
Pitbulls

Quote:

I was thinking about maybe the Kingsman Fenix GoG extcy or GoG envy or the black board one

If you already have $400.00 to spend, I would save some more, and get an Empire AXE. These markers go for around $450.00 brand new, and are used in PSP tournaments.
Pitbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:40 PM #14
smy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbulls View Post
If you already have $400.00 to spend, I would save some more, and get an Empire AXE. These markers go for around $450.00 brand new, and are used in PSP tournaments.
Oh ok I will try and some little more

Checked on ebay seems that axe goes for around 350$

Last edited by smy1 : 07-14-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM #15
stephenn82

stephenn82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stephenn82 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

If you have $350 burning a hole in your pocket. I know a guy selling a vice with 4c eyes and virtue oled for that price. Helluva starter gun! Pm me if interested
Virtue OLED board w/ grips
"Good intentions and kind words are great, but your actions define who you are."
Me
stephenn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:57 PM #16
PhillyDipper
Killadelphia

PhillyDipper plays in the APPA D4 division
have everything you need to start playing pm me. can work a deal out

Currently shooting a Luxe
PhillyDipper is offline   Reply With Quote