Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:55 PM #85
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

has been a member for 10 years
Rob66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
kids that walk around with their egos on simulate/ramping between games and just make their solenoids sound like table saws
lol,

why do you guys think noobs stack up in bunkers?
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM #86
doomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
lol,

why do you guys think noobs stack up in bunkers?
Lack of comminication? Most new players dont yell out positions, or they dont talk about where they are going to go before the break. Where I play they let too many players on the field sometimes - resulting in massive bunker overcrowding.
------------------------------------------------
Extreme Paintball-http://www.extremepaintball.net/

The Paintball Zone -Rest in Peace, Dave-
http://www.thepaintballzone.com

Last edited by doomie : 02-15-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:34 PM #87
Festering_Meat
Hey Piggy Piggy

Wipers annoy me the most probably. That and wussies with expensive gear
Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 PM #88
SnOzBeRrIeZ (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomie View Post
Or a newb with a $290 etek. Price means nothing. Yes, I have a mini in my sig.
well in my area, almost everyone who has a mini is a nub who thinks their hot ****.
not saying all.
imo, the mini, g3, and slg are turing to the new ion. they can afford this "highend" gun, then they feel their pro and that annoys me but then i lulz when i beat them all day
Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM #89
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^ I love my G3.
I hate kids who call themselves out every time you hit thier bunker.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:56 PM #90
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnOzBeRrIeZ View Post
well in my area, almost everyone who has a mini is a nub who thinks their hot ****.
not saying all.
imo, the mini, g3, and slg are turing to the new ion. they can afford this "highend" gun, then they feel their pro and that annoys me but then i lulz when i beat them all day
the mini and G3 are not turing into the next ion, the SLG is though
Old 02-15-2009, 08:47 PM #91
loneassassin
A Grim and...

[quote=Biscuit451;56162443]Wiping is something that is only understood by true tournament players most of which who have been playing awhile. Wiping by these peole is praticed at only one occasion, scrimmages with refs. True tounament players dont play recball. If you try to practice in recball your ignorant. recball is designed for birthday parties, church groups, etc. not for a tourney player to try to get better, because it makes the birthday party less fun and isnt a tournament enviroment with tounament players. In the end you dont really get better. Lastly people in here say wiping is bad because they play RECBALL and havent been playing for long in a tournament enviroment. Once they do they slowly realize the truth of it which im not going to try to explain.
QUOTE]

I've been playing paintball for 16 years, and tournements for over 12 of those years. I'd say that makes me a serious tournament player. I also play a lot of recball. I'm still a true tournament player, and yet, I've never wiped.

I've also won a lot of tourneys. Matter of fact, I win nearly every game I play, and haven't yet found anyone I couldn't beat in a gun battle. Who'd have thought that was possible without wiping.....

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 02-15-2009, 11:01 PM #92
doomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnOzBeRrIeZ View Post
not saying all.

Understandable. I just play for fun, but I can see your point. I dont want a crappy spyder, but I cant afford an ego/droid/luxe, so the logical choice would be one of the markers you just named. I just try to play fair, and treat people with respect. I'd have to agree with you that themost annoying thing is someone who thinks theyre hot **** when they are actually just.......****.
------------------------------------------------
Extreme Paintball-http://www.extremepaintball.net/

The Paintball Zone -Rest in Peace, Dave-
http://www.thepaintballzone.com
Old 02-15-2009, 11:08 PM #93
kwoodpaintballer87

[quote=loneassassin;56194380]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit451 View Post
Wiping is something that is only understood by true tournament players most of which who have been playing awhile. Wiping by these peole is praticed at only one occasion, scrimmages with refs. True tounament players dont play recball. If you try to practice in recball your ignorant. recball is designed for birthday parties, church groups, etc. not for a tourney player to try to get better, because it makes the birthday party less fun and isnt a tournament enviroment with tounament players. In the end you dont really get better. Lastly people in here say wiping is bad because they play RECBALL and havent been playing for long in a tournament enviroment. Once they do they slowly realize the truth of it which im not going to try to explain.
QUOTE]

I've been playing paintball for 16 years, and tournements for over 12 of those years. I'd say that makes me a serious tournament player. I also play a lot of recball. I'm still a true tournament player, and yet, I've never wiped.

I've also won a lot of tourneys. Matter of fact, I win nearly every game I play, and haven't yet found anyone I couldn't beat in a gun battle. Who'd have thought that was possible without wiping.....
im with you all the way, playing for 12, tourney for 8. and seriously, true tourney players dont play rec huh? come on now, its back to the basics, and just having fun, whenever i play rec, i either pull out my old cocker, or my spyder from like 10 years back. even the playing field a little, and usually end up helping newer players learn how to play well instead of just going and shooting all the little kids.

people that really love the sport will understand that you should help younger players and keep them insterested instead of playing balls to the wall against them so they have no fun and dont come back. and playing in the woods with rec groups is fun too. its all paintball in the end

GUN SALE
Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 AM #94
loneassassin
A Grim and...

[quote=kwoodpaintballer87;56201133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

im with you all the way, playing for 12, tourney for 8. and seriously, true tourney players dont play rec huh? come on now, its back to the basics, and just having fun, whenever i play rec, i either pull out my old cocker, or my spyder from like 10 years back. even the playing field a little, and usually end up helping newer players learn how to play well instead of just going and shooting all the little kids.

people that really love the sport will understand that you should help younger players and keep them insterested instead of playing balls to the wall against them so they have no fun and dont come back. and playing in the woods with rec groups is fun too. its all paintball in the end
To elaborate on your post a little further, I think tournament players SHOULD play rec - not to get practice, but to help new players learn how to play. I don't understand the elitist "I'm a tourney player - therefore I don't play rec" mentality. It reeks of "I'm too good for you." Newer players pick up on that, and it turns them off to the sport.

edit: I don't know what happened with the quote - I meant to quote kwoodpaintballer87, not myself, lol...

Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 AM #95
Biscuit451
Waffles

Biscuit451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biscuit451 supports Team VICIOUS
Biscuit451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biscuit451 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[quote=kwoodpaintballer87;56201133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

I never said that i didn't help new players. I said that tournament players shoudn't play rec ball. I didn't go in to specific cases. Im actually playing recball today. Usually when i play recball i use a homemade 50 rnd hopper. As you mentioned i also help the newer kids while not being to instructive to frustrate them. I think if you do help newer players it should only be with gear type issues or if they ask for it. I know i ersonally would get annoyed if i was just playing paintball for fun at my friends birhtday and some guy was trying to correct my form. On the cheating side, i realize there are honest players, but i also know the majority of the players will slide on on that possible hit, or continue to bunker someone if they feel a few hit them on their way up. When i was taught how to correctly cheat i heard an analogy. If you were playing football and you were average size and a massive guy was about to make a touchdown wouldn't you facemask him because you know you couldn't bring him down any other way in time?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:01 PM #96
loneassassin
A Grim and...

[quote=Biscuit451;56208345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoodpaintballer87 View Post

I never said that i didn't help new players. I said that tournament players shoudn't play rec ball. I didn't go in to specific cases. Im actually playing recball today. Usually when i play recball i use a homemade 50 rnd hopper. As you mentioned i also help the newer kids while not being to instructive to frustrate them. I think if you do help newer players it should only be with gear type issues or if they ask for it. I know i ersonally would get annoyed if i was just playing paintball for fun at my friends birhtday and some guy was trying to correct my form. On the cheating side, i realize there are honest players, but i also know the majority of the players will slide on on that possible hit, or continue to bunker someone if they feel a few hit them on their way up. When i was taught how to correctly cheat i heard an analogy. If you were playing football and you were average size and a massive guy was about to make a touchdown wouldn't you facemask him because you know you couldn't bring him down any other way in time?
I lol'd at your quote (in red). It's an oxymoron.

And about your football analogy - no, I wouldn't facemask him, because it's against the rules, and unsportsmanlike conduct. I should have stopped him before he had the potential to make a touchdown.

Furthermore, wiping in paintball is an even worse offense than facemasking in football. It's more like bringing a tazer onto the field and using it against the defense so you can go sack the QB. It's like going to the scoreboard in a basketball game and taking points away from the other team.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 PM #97
HUNK

Some noob players that try to call time out when I'm running up to bunker them. There is no time outs in paintball.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM #98
wgpballer5
Cannabis Corpse

wgpballer5 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNK View Post
Some noob players that try to call time out when I'm running up to bunker them. There is no time outs in paintball.

Or when they call themselves out as soon as someone starts shooting at them. I know a kid who does that, and blames it on being out of air or paint even though he has a full tank and hopper. Then he talks **** how tourney players are just noobs with fast guns lmao.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 PM #99
JoeJev

JoeJev owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeJev plays in the APPA D5 division
when people can't reload, I legit saw some one kneeling behind a bunker yell cover me, then proceed to take of his harness, put his gun between his knees, pull out a pod and load, then put the pod back, put on his harness, and finally coninue to play. It took like 1 whole minute and was was thinking, WTF!?!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM #100
ikill4sp

ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp posts videos on PbNation
You go to open play just to dick around, and your whole team gets shot out and it's one vs. like 8 or 9.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 PM #101
Monkeyboy13
Like-a-SoOoOmboOoOoOdeee!

ya, my friends never wanted to play me again after i beat them in a 1 vs 6(i was the 1).

Autococker, the true test of simple intelligence.
Did you pass?

Have a broken gun? pm me

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 PM #102
patisfat23

patisfat23 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patisfat23 supports Team VICIOUS
when you shoot a guy but your balls don't break and then he ends up shooting you later in the game when he should have been out by you in the first place
Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 PM #103
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
Originally Posted by patisfat23 View Post
when you shoot a guy but your balls don't break and then he ends up shooting you later in the game when he should have been out by you in the first place
Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 PM #104
Squig11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy13 View Post
ya, my friends never wanted to play me again after i beat them in a 1 vs 6(i was the 1).
Lol, yeah i've been on the receiving end of one of those, so I can relate
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 PM #105
Battlemaxballa
RedFoo

Battlemaxballa supports Team VICIOUS
When the refs won't check a player. I was playing rec ball and even though it is rec ball i still feel that they should do a paint check. It turns out the guy i thought i hit was out but didnt go.