Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 PM #22
DirttyDawg

well no guarentees yet, but i'll keep ya posted !
DirttyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2008, 01:11 PM #23
zoo520

has been a member for 10 years
zoo520 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionball3r73 View Post
what is this blasphemy
tucson paintball is booming
slowly, but surely.
zoo520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:22 PM #24
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
MaxOC helped look for balloons
MaxOC plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo520 View Post
slowly, but surely.
yup.

we should have our first 4.5k fill station here in a few weeks or less.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
MaxOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:43 PM #25
Flashbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxracing91 View Post
what lies? It is as simple as supply and demand. There is not a big demand for paintball in Tucson so there are no fields.
There is also the fact that there is no supply. See supply and demand can go both ways, if there is a demand the supply will increase. And if there is supply the demand will increase.

In simple terms, if ryan makes an awesome field and brings in more supply the demand should increase. Especially when tourneys and leagues start up. One thing that would help out would be to advertise on television or radio. But that cost big bux that i think ryan doesnt have.

www.alln1graphix.com
We make sigs, banners, avatars, and much more!!
Flashbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:46 AM #26
Kevin the Scot

Tucson

I know it won't help much now, but 20 years ago, paintball was getting started and was HUGE in Tucson. We used to field 50 people on weekends out in the desert NE of town.
I heard that Paintball Headquarters had sold...They used to be a big part of organizing games.
Isn't there a field in Casa Grande?
Kevin the Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:16 PM #27
Bucktoothbeaver

Ya the fields kinda suck. I mean i play at desert fox but thats only because its closer then sudden umpact....
Desert fox usually has a huge crowd but most are renters. The regulars there are actually pretty good especially when they are all put on the same team...
But thats about it. Every field seems to suck now after playing at Vlocity in California
Bucktoothbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 AM #28
seventy72deuce

Sudden Impact is a decent field, I am looking forward to the airball field. I do believe a good indoor field would take make plenty of money in Tucson.
seventy72deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:57 PM #29
DbAl
Yeahhhhhh....

It probably could but it is way too big of an investment for anyone to try it in a place with such a limited client base.
DbAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 PM #30
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
ive been thinking about it for a while.

its big $$.

with the current prices on land, were taking a loan from teh grandparents to get a loan for about 1.5 million. its some massive amount of land. but i think it came out to 50$ an acre. that or 500.... point is its a great deal. ijust dont remember the numbers.

its in development land though. the price is supposed to sky rocket within the next 2-3 years to up to 10x the price.

just like how prices for land are in cali now.

with said bank made, were planning on opening up another gymnastics gym, possibly new indoor paintball arena, and somethiing else

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:31 AM #31
seventy72deuce

That would be dope, id show up every day. Im afraid that sudden impact might have problems with all the new housing development happening out there.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:31 AM #32
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventy72deuce View Post
That would be dope, id show up every day. Im afraid that sudden impact might have problems with all the new housing development happening out there.
you mean the mall?

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 AM #33
BunkrdByAGirl420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionball3r73 View Post
ive been on a team that plays at 23 for over a year and have played out of state
Lawl.... and look at your name you must be pretty pro
Old 03-25-2008, 06:00 PM #34
DbAl
Yeahhhhhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventy72deuce View Post
Is anything around it even zoned for housing? I though that it was surrounded by dump/mine in all directions.
DbAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 PM #35
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DbAl View Post
Is anything around it even zoned for housing? I though that it was surrounded by dump/mine in all directions.
no, the section thats now under construstion(the crop area) is supposed to be some bigass mall. and i think theres supposed to be houses somewhere in there.

the sound dies out before you even hit the street, so unless youre like right next to one of the fields i think we'll be fine.

although we might need enclosed netting, top to bottom and roofed netting on the fields. to prevent that spare shot that goes over to the mall, lands on the ground, trips some old lady, and causes us to get sued.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM #36
fourmystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOC View Post
no, the section thats now under construstion(the crop area) is supposed to be some bigass mall. and i think theres supposed to be houses somewhere in there.

the sound dies out before you even hit the street, so unless youre like right next to one of the fields i think we'll be fine.

although we might need enclosed netting, top to bottom and roofed netting on the fields. to prevent that spare shot that goes over to the mall, lands on the ground, trips some old lady, and causes us to get sued.
that would be bad
fourmystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM #37
MaxPower1272
Hellcats Paintball *****.

MaxPower1272 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
ive been thinking about it for a while.

its big $$.

with the current prices on land, were taking a loan from teh grandparents to get a loan for about 1.5 million. its some massive amount of land. but i think it came out to 50$ an acre. that or 500.... point is its a great deal. ijust dont remember the numbers.

its in development land though. the price is supposed to sky rocket within the next 2-3 years to up to 10x the price.

just like how prices for land are in cali now.

with said bank made, were planning on opening up another gymnastics gym, possibly new indoor paintball arena, and somethiing else
$50 an acre?????

Try like $50,000 an acre. And paying the insurance on a field is the more expensive part. You'd have to open up a shop to really compete. Your shop would have to be local. To build a new shop would take alot of effort. I work for an Architect and Construction Company and worked retail for many years. Building a paintball facility, a store, buying stock and staying opened for a year to build your brand will cost at least 3-5 million dollars.

Let alone convincing people to play at your field which will prob be farther away or more outside the metro area than DP unless you plan on buying land inside the city area which goes for $200k+ an acre.

The cost to hire an architect, engineer needed to get permit, needed to get certificate of occupancy will also be somewhere in the neigbhorhood of $250,000k and a bank WILL NOT forward you the money to hire an architect and the county will not accept commercial plans without an architect's seal which means you'll either have to fork out 250,000 cash or find investors.

And on top of all that, the county may not even let you build the damn thing.

I don't mean to bust your buns, but saying your going to open a field is really ridiculous unless

A. your going to set up a private field on land you own and not use it for commercial purposes

B. your a millionaire or know millionaires

DP's setup works today because it has been grandfathered in from building codes long past in something called the Unified Building Code or (UBC) which isn't as strict. Since Ryan bought it as an EXISTING business he didn't have to update it per todays' standards.

Today we have adopted the Internation Building Code or (IBC) which is WAAYYYY different and county codes and requirements on commercial facilities changes drastically in late 90s. Therefor you would have to put up something equivalent to golf and stuff for it to comply with occupancy, fire safey, life safety and parking requirements of today.

The county fee's alone for you to get your construction permit on a commercial project of this scope will exceed $20,000 and that also the bank will not "loan" you.

A bank will only loan money for the actual construction not all the other leg work required.

Small Business Loans in excess of $500,000 are extremely hard to get.

You will need at least 3-5 acres minimum to open a field.

The amount of parking for the facility will be about 40 spaces minimum on asphault (dirt parking is no longer acceptable for new construction in pima county unless your way off the grid). Asphault and concrete alone will be $70,000.

Electrical contracting will be more.

Concrete even more.

The field itself with the needed amenities to be competitive will run around $120,000 going with dirt or turf or grass.

and not to mention, Hiring employees paying tax and benifts blah blah blah, paying healthcare ect. ect. ect. and then keeping your prices low to be competitive. You'll be lucky if you can pay yourself anything by your 2nd or 3rd year in operation if you aren't already bankrupt.

Again, unless you are a millionaire, good luck.
MaxPower1272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 AM #38
seventy72deuce

You'd have to find a place you could convert into a paintball arena. You dont think anything will happen to SI? Its illegal for paintball guns to be fired within city limits and if the limits pass SI.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:29 AM #39
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
uh... max..... hate to burst your proving me wrong bubble....

but i was talking about buying and selling land, not buying the land for a store.

theres a massive plot of land for relatively cheap, 2.5 mil, that according to what the land surrounding it has done in the last 2 years has done, is a bank in itself.

if you bought that land now, and left it alone, didnt let people build stores on it, nothing, just let it sit there and pay the taxes every year, then sold it in about 10 years, you could have anywhere from 8-16 mil.

now if you did build stores on it, etc, totally different number.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 PM #40
MaxPower1272
Hellcats Paintball *****.

MaxPower1272 plays in the APPA D5 division
So you have 2.5 million sitting around to buy a massive plot of land? A 30 year mortgage on $2.5 mil would be in the neigborhood of $5000/month. Try to get that financed, especially in this market. And there's a law that says if you buy large amounts of land (near city centers) and don't develop within 1 year or use it for farming you pay huge tax rates.

Do you pay a mortgage?

Do you realize that you can just buy land and magically its a paintballfield field open for business?

Even to develop it for a paintball field with todays codes and requirements just the field (no store), would run you some serious cash. CASH. Not bank loans.

The system of todays building codes and worker's rights laws you'd end up building a store even if you didn't use it. You'd still have to provide handicap accessible bathrooms, proper storage areas, engineered field nets. Just to build 1 commercial field you'd be in so far up to your neck in other crap that you might as well build a store.

But yeah if your just talking about buying and selling land why is it relavent to paintball? Unless your going to do renegade ball on it? Or set up a private field that you can't charge to use.

Quote:
uh... max..... hate to burst your proving me wrong bubble....

but i was talking about buying and selling land, not buying the land for a store.

theres a massive plot of land for relatively cheap, 2.5 mil, that according to what the land surrounding it has done in the last 2 years has done, is a bank in itself.

if you bought that land now, and left it alone, didnt let people build stores on it, nothing, just let it sit there and pay the taxes every year, then sold it in about 10 years, you could have anywhere from 8-16 mil.

now if you did build stores on it, etc, totally different number.
MaxPower1272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM #41
shunut
Respected, period.

Annual Supporting Member
shunut is a Supporting Member
shunut is playing at Living Legends X
shunut owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
shunut is Legendary
Watch yourselves guys, this is the only warning you'll get. I believe the point of this thread was to see what type of paintball fields ect... are in Tucson. If you wish to discuss land and its use, do it somewhere else.
shunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM #42
kylep2212
The jew who knew

Meh, tucson fields blow.

ive been to arizona...do not want to ever go back there. it was like, "ooo lets go rest by that metal pole" "AHHHH DONT TOUCH THAT ****IN POLL, ITS LIKE 450 DEGREES" "lets go on that rock. *sit* AHHH ITS LIKE 500 DEGREES" lukeg1589
kylep2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups