PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 AM #799
FlatTop
Shell Shock

FlatTop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Will you ever stop selling rock hard octagon paint at your field? I mean y'all are cool and all but can't be serious with that paint. c'mon
FlatTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 PM #800
txfire01

has been a member for 10 years
txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatTop View Post
Will you ever stop selling rock hard octagon paint at your field? I mean y'all are cool and all but can't be serious with that paint. c'mon
We practice with the very same paint that is sold at the field and it seems to do just fine for us.
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 PM #801
FlatTop
Shell Shock

got hit about 9 times that didn't break
one hit my z2 and broke the snap release on the top causing the whole thing to fall apart.

Last edited by FlatTop : 05-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM #802
Cajone
half of the black attack.

Cajone plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

got hit about 9 times that didn't break
one hit my z2 and broke the snap release on the top causing the whole thing to fall apart.
i bet you didn't get out either...

It's paint, sometimes ya gotta spin the wheel on whether it breaks or not.

I've seen fresh to def event paint bounce off face mask lenses....
Cajone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM #803
FlatTop
Shell Shock

Yeah I have to, strange that everyone I know dogs your paint yet it's so hard to admit. Not trying insult or anything I just wanted to ask a simple question.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM #804
Ball1n Azn

Ball1n Azn plays in the PSP
Ball1n Azn owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Ball1n Azn supports our troops
What you've said thus far sounds like an insult to me. We've never had a problem with the Valken paint we carry; even the lowest grade (Fate). Obviously, recreational paint won't be as brittle as the tournament grade but it shoots straight and isn't "octagonal" as you've stated.

Also, why are you complaining to the field about your broken loader? That sounds like a problem for the loader manufacturer, in this case, Empire.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM #805
Cajone

EVERYONE is gonna dog paint. Then, if it's changed you will complain about the price.

It's paintball...we've just gotten used to the fact that "not all paint is going to be tournament level".
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM #806
FlatTop
Shell Shock

I apologize for my attitude. I was just upset.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM #807
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** is a Professional paintball player
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** supports Team VICIOUS

G.I. Sportz the Unfair Advantage

#PLAYPAINTBALL
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 PM #808
Zmizzle

Zmizzle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad Business to point blame, accept the complaint and move forward to correct the issue that was brought up so its not a recurring event.

Statement should of gone something like this: We here at Maximum ensure the freshest quality of paint to our customers by actively rotating our paint and proper storage. We acknowledge your issue and the matter will be looked into. Sincere apologies to the mishaps of your day here at Maximum. We thank you for you patronage and look forward to your future play here at San Antonio's premiere paintball park.

Last edited by Zmizzle : 05-03-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Zmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 PM #809
Jstep17

Jstep17 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Maximum is the old field
X-Factor Paintball Park is our new Field
Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 PM #810
FlatTop
Shell Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmizzle View Post
Bad Business to point blame, accept the complaint and move forward to correct the issue that was brought up so its not a recurring event.

Statement should of gone something like this: We here at Maximum ensure the freshest quality of paint to our customers by actively rotating our paint and proper storage. We acknowledge your issue and the matter will be looked into. Sincere apologies to the mishaps of your day here at Maximum. We thank you for you patronage and look forward to your future play here at San Antonio's premiere paintball park.
Correct me if i'm wrong, and I very well maybe, but isn't the paint leftover from when maximum closed and is it not stored in a semi container? Don't get me wrong because I was not trying to talk down on the field. I in fact apologized solemnly because my statement sounded as if I was, upon rereading it. I liked the field, enjoyed the set up and play and everyone was pretty easy going and nice which made the bad paint even more of an issue for me. So close to being the perfect paintball park that I felt that I should address this. I did so incorrectly I realize. Just trying to say that it was equally priced to other fields around town that issue better paint. Sorry for the uproar.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 PM #811
Zmizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstep17 View Post
Maximum is the old field
X-Factor Paintball Park is our new Field
Hehe thanks for helping an oldskool baller keep up to date. Just a habit of calling it Maximum.

As for the paint that they do use, I am not affiliated with the field and I dont know the situation first hand. I was just simply trying to state there is a better response to your question then the ones provided. Ive seen texas paintball in its heyday and I see what it is now, Ive seen players and fields come and go.

The LAST thing I want is to hurt the fragile enviroment that is Texas paintball.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:13 AM #812
Cajone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmizzle View Post

Understandable. I am in no way affiliated with the field anymore, but having dealt with it for years, know the dynamic that goes into a compliant of any sort.

You are correct in your statement about the freshest quality of paint, but the patronage of the park tends to forget that here in the Texas climates, fresh paint can go to 'marble status' quickly regardless.

It's good to remind each other from time to time.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM #813
txfire01

txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, and I very well maybe, but isn't the paint leftover from when maximum closed and is it not stored in a semi container? Don't get me wrong because I was not trying to talk down on the field. I in fact apologized solemnly because my statement sounded as if I was, upon rereading it. I liked the field, enjoyed the set up and play and everyone was pretty easy going and nice which made the bad paint even more of an issue for me. So close to being the perfect paintball park that I felt that I should address this. I did so incorrectly I realize. Just trying to say that it was equally priced to other fields around town that issue better paint. Sorry for the uproar.
Just to respond to the leftover and storage portion of you comment. We go through far to much paint for anything to be leftover from the maximum days. The container the paint is stored in has been dispersed and refilled more times then one can count since the field opened from X-factor practices alone. The container we store the paint in was custom designed for the job and is air conditioned and inspected regularly to maintain the best paint quality as possible (we use the very same paint in that container as everyone else.) No worries on how your initial comment came off. We know very well that not every run of paint comes out great and sometimes we get a bad batch but I assure you we keep paint quality in mind when ordering because poor paint can turn a fun day of paintball into an expensive day of aggravation for us and customers. That is why we do not even cary the lower grades of paint and cary fate (Valkens third tier paint grade) as our cheapest paint unlike many fields that settle on cheaper paint for higher margins. My apologies for the bad day you had due to the paint and come find me if you are ever at the field when we have practice and I will see what I can do to make things right.
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM #814
Zmizzle

Kudos, standup job.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:24 PM #815
Sound
_____

What's for breakfast?
Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:21 AM #816
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
What new JT gear is Xfactor gonna be rocking besides the Proflex?

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:03 PM #817
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** is a Professional paintball player
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
What new JT gear is Xfactor gonna be rocking besides the Proflex?
Pants, jerseys and who knows what else might be in store

G.I. Sportz the Unfair Advantage

#PLAYPAINTBALL
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:26 PM #818
The_Quadfather
a.k.a. The Crip

The_Quadfather is BST Trusted
One of my fondest memories is playing with Archie and the rest of the guys at maximum.
You taught a kid in a wheelchair a lot about being a back man and hitting those lanes.

Happy to say I’m back in the game after an 8 year hiatus! What’s the plan for the team while we wait for paintball to resume?

Last edited by The_Quadfather : 05-15-2020 at 01:44 PM.
The_Quadfather is offline   Reply With Quote