Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-23-2013, 04:35 PM #22
Udunson

Valken Proton.
Udunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM #23
Vhyrus

I have 2 G4s that are probably the best value for dollar paintball guns I have ever owned. 100% reliable, easy to maintain, and shoots ropes over damn near anything else in the price range. Yes, the stock lube sucks. You should already have a jar of hater or gunsav laying around anyway, so stop *****ing and use it. I think most of the people who complain about DP guns are kids who got them as a first or second gun and had no idea how to clean or fix a marker so they just blamed the gun after it stopped working. I am sure DPs customer service didn't help matters, but I am not going to blame the gun itself for that. There are guns that can compete with a G5 (extcy comes to mind) but a mini is not one of them. A better comparison would be like extcy or proton vs g5.
Vhyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 PM #24
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyercr108 View Post
...........Everyone craps on DP cuz they dont charge 1300 on thier markers.............
No everybody craps on DP because of issues. I will grant that I considered a G4 until I witnessed 2 yes 2 go down the same day on my field (yep the only 2). Many will explain it away as kids not maintaining their markers, but not so one was older mid 20's and other 17. (Some will say the ages are kids, but I assure they were responsible owners). I saw the inside of their markers when they took them apart for cleaning and relube. I know what a properly maintained marker looks like as I have a pair of Dye NT's if you don't maintain they don't shoot well. 2 different issues too. 1 leaking and the other bolt sick twice. Yes the winter but 70's in Houston, and the owner both knew what to do to fix.

I am a huge believer in owning is knowing but I am staying away from the G4 and 5 until they have been out for a while. Before I get flamed about not knowing what I am talking about. I have owned the following markers: Axe, Mini, Vice, Ego 6 & 11, Geo 2 & 3, DM 11, and NT 10 & 11. Had few issues with any of them.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30

Last edited by 2pipes : 04-23-2013 at 07:09 PM.
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 PM #25
Me9aman

Me9aman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Me9aman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Me9aman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Me9aman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are buying new get a g5 but if u are buying used get the mini. I think that the mini is more reliable than the g series but it doesnt perform better. In my opinion the g5 is better than the mini in terms of value. It already comes with things the mini lacks. The only things i find bad about the g5 is that its customer service sucks (i know from experience with my g4) and also the resale value is low because of all the haters saying that dangerous power sucks. Also if u have extra money get the axe. It is a better marker than these two.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 PM #26
GR!MM
appalachian assasin

DP% for sure

BOB LONG VICE NEAR MINT LOTS OF UPS $350

OG SANDANA SALE
GR!MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 AM #27
uhmericuh
**** Yo Couch!

uhmericuh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
uhmericuh has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I play with an axe but I chose the G4 over the mini as my backup because it felt better in my hands and I couldn't really tell the difference shooting. HOWEVER, when I got my G4 I had to replace the macro line and the one of the fittings after the first day. Never had a problem with it since, shoots beautifully. But still....get an Axe.
uhmericuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:16 PM #28
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Mini. Don't buy DP guns.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM #29
Vhyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
Mini. Don't buy DP guns.
this statement is absolute garbage. Do you own any DP guns? I do, and I have never had a single problem with either of them.
Vhyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 PM #30
Jlb223

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
I am a huge believer in owning is knowing but I am staying away from the G4 and 5 until they have been out for a while. Before I get flamed about not knowing what I am talking about. I have owned the following markers: Axe, Mini, Vice, Ego 6 & 11, Geo 2 & 3, DM 11, and NT 10 & 11. Had few issues with any of them.
Thats great man, lots of fancy markers in that list. But I don't see a Dangerous Powers anywhere in there... All you know is you saw two guns go down in one day. If thats enough of a deterrent I guess ill stay away from Luxes and Geo's. Saw one of each go down at rotation practice.

Last edited by Jlb223 : 04-25-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Jlb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM #31
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhyrus View Post
this statement is absolute garbage. Do you own any DP guns? I do, and I have never had a single problem with either of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlb223 View Post
Thats great man, lots of fancy markers in that list. But I don't see a Dangerous Powers anywhere in there... All you know is you saw two guns go down in one day. If thats enough of a deterrent I guess ill stay away from Luxes and Geo's. Saw one of each go down at rotation practice.
If you buy DP
you're gonna have a bad time

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 AM #32
Vhyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
If you buy DP
you're gonna have a bad time
I bought DP.