PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM #1
EvilBoysDad

EvilBoysDad owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
EvilBoysDad is attending Decay of Nations VI
Anyone Interested in starting a Recball group for reservation days at AirAssault?

I'm a new player and work a bunch during the week, kids take up a lot of my free time. I though it would be cool to get a bunch of us PBNation people to rent out Air Assault on a weekly/bi-weekly basis in order to get some playing time in on Saturday or Sunday evenings.

My understanding is that you need to pay for a group of eight for the reservation. I've rented the place previously with friends and had a blast. It's cool to have the run of the facility and be able to play at your own pace and playing style in a more democratic fashion. It would be great to have some experienced players in attendance in order to mentor those of us who want to step up our game.

I personally, as a noob, am interested in taking a serious approach to learning the game and improving my skills. I'd like to get to a competitive level eventually and thought it would be cool to have an event focused on helping myself and other players of all levels do the same and get some game time in.

Field fee is $20 + $5 for all day air for non pass holders, with a season pass it's $20 and you get RPS Marballizer at $60 per case. Check the Facebook page for more details.

Check out the event here, when we get enough people to join I'll set a date>> http://www.facebook.com/events/180663988736070/

Last edited by EvilBoysDad : 09-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.
EvilBoysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 PM #2
fellar14
Patch is a Patch

fellar14 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fellar14 supports Team VICIOUS
fellar14 is for the Gunfight
fellar14 plays in the APPA D5 division
fellar14 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fellar14 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Interesting

Sign me up, I to share your fate.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:53 AM #3
snowwake4553

I would be up for getting in on that. How much would this end up costing each of us?
snowwake4553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:09 PM #4
EvilBoysDad

Just talked to Jim, summer hours are in effect until approximately Nov 1st, that means no Sunday play without reservations. We'd need a group of 8+, the rate is $20 each on the website. I have a season pass, no clue on how that would effect the fee (free for pass holders?) but maybe we could get a special PB Nation price if someone cool stops by this thread and hooks us up (Cough, Brent msg me) I'd be happy to chip in even if I get comped with my pass, though you should get one yourself if its free.

After Nov 1st (ish) we can still rent the place out Sat and Sun after 5pm open play insanity ends.

Why anyone wouldn't want to do this is beyond me, maybe we could start a Facebook event page in order to keep track of people and attendance? Or a Google calendar?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 PM #5
EvilBoysDad

I wonder if you can bring beer... I may never leave? They wouldn't like that....
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 PM #6
EvilBoysDad

If we get at least six It's on, first event on Sep 29th. Only join the event if you are certain you can make it. I'm looking into how we may be able to pay our fees individually in advance once we reach eight attendees so those of us that show don't get hosed and we dont stroke Air Assault.

Join the event here!!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:12 AM #7
Shempi
Solar Beam

Shempi owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Shempi owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Hey guys. I am also a new player and I'm looking to meet some fellow Minnesotans! This sounds pretty cool to me. I have only played at Splat Tag and I am looking into checking out some of the other fields in the area such as AA, MNPro and Vintage. Only problem is I don't have my speedball gun/gear yet (I only have woodsball gear) and I am also starting a new job so I'm not sure if I will have to work Saturdays or not. I also have a co worker I play with and he might be down to come with if I go. Ill try and get this figured out.
Shempi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM #8
EvilBoysDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shempi View Post
Hey guys. I am also a new player and I'm looking to meet some fellow Minnesotans! This sounds pretty cool to me. I have only played at Splat Tag and I am looking into checking out some of the other fields in the area such as AA, MNPro and Vintage. Only problem is I don't have my speedball gun/gear yet (I only have woodsball gear) and I am also starting a new job so I'm not sure if I will have to work Saturdays or not. I also have a co worker I play with and he might be down to come with if I go. Ill try and get this figured out.
I set up the first event for Sunday the 29th, they rent EGO 7's with Rotors if you want to do that. Not that it matters, if you have something that shoots paint I'm sure you'll have fun.

We need some more people to get in on this!!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM #9
ICB(In Cold Blood)
The Mastodon

ICB(In Cold Blood) is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm interested. I haven't played in over a year. It'll be good to get out and knock some rust off.

I'll be following this thread for more detail.

Old Feedback 40 Posotive, 0 Negative
ICB(In Cold Blood) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:20 PM #10
Ctop10
Spray and Pray

Ctop10 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ctop10 is an NCPA player
Ctop10 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ctop10 supports Ninja Paintball
I'd say I am in but I'll probably be the one to ref haha
Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM #11
EvilBoysDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctop10 View Post
I'd say I am in but I'll probably be the one to ref haha
Call in sick and where your mask?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:48 PM #12
EvilBoysDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICB(In Cold Blood) View Post
I'm interested. I haven't played in over a year. It'll be good to get out and knock some rust off.

I'll be following this thread for more detail.
Join the Facebook event if you haven't already so I can keep a tally. Thanks for getting on board.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:41 AM #13
Shempi
Solar Beam

Yep sorry guys but I wont be able to make this one. But I would love to come out if you guys do this a second time.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:10 PM #14
EvilBoysDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shempi View Post
Yep sorry guys but I wont be able to make this one. But I would love to come out if you guys do this a second time.
I'd like to set this up as a weekly or biweekly event if we can get enough people involved.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:08 PM #15
Shempi
Solar Beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBoysDad View Post
I'd like to set this up as a weekly or biweekly event if we can get enough people involved.
Well you can count me in once I get everything settled and get my new gear.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 PM #16
EvilBoysDad

Saturday's just around the corner and we only have 4 people playing. With 300+ views I know we can get another 4 players. Nobody wants to play this weekend?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:50 AM #17
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
Why dont you just go to saturday open play at APPG? You have all winter to play indoors...
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 PM #18
EvilBoysDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKNROLLA View Post
Why dont you just go to saturday open play at APPG? You have all winter to play indoors...
Valid enough but it's an hour away vs 10 minutes. I'll probably end up playing in buffalo on Saturday and Annondale on Sunday.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 PM #19
EvilBoysDad

Didn't get enough people interested this time but I'm leaving the Facebook event open. As soon as we get 8 onboard I'll try to set a date that works for everyone for the first event.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM #20
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
What might help is if you were a bit more clear on what your preferred "pace and playing style" was. You looking to reduce the number of "excessively competitive tryhards"? Or would you prefer to reduce the number of people who aren't taking the game "serious" enough?

Those are two very different crowds, be nice to know which one is the desireable attitude for this group.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 AM #21
EvilBoysDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
What might help is if you were a bit more clear on what your preferred "pace and playing style" was. You looking to reduce the number of "excessively competitive tryhards"? Or would you prefer to reduce the number of people who aren't taking the game "serious" enough?

Those are two very different crowds, be nice to know which one is the desireable attitude for this group.
Good feedback, I was going for a middle of the road approach with my description. I'll edit to be more clear. I personally, as a noob, am interested in taking a serious approach to learning the game and improving my skills. I'd like to get to a competitive level eventually and thought it would be cool to have an event focused on helping myself and other players of all levels do the same.
ReplyRegional Ups