Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 PM #235
NEFphotography
Professional Photographer

NEFphotography is a Paintball photographer
NEFphotography is playing at Living Legends VIII
NEFphotography supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We want to do more to recognize paintball photographers here on PbNation. You might notice we have started to add a small "Photographer" tag so you can easily spot the people who are out there getting shot up just so you can view paintball players in action from the comfort of your computer.

This badge is aimed at professional, published photographers who travel to shoot events and work for a company in good standing with the site.

If you see a photographer who meets this criteria and needs a tag, please feel free to let us know:
http://www.pbnation.com/sendmessage.php?subject=17

If you are applying, please make sure you include: your full name, link to current portfolio, who you work for and a list of events you have photographed as a part of the media this year. Please make sure that event galleries are labeled and easily distinguished. You should also make a single gallery of your best work. Do not send us links to Facebook.

We are creating this new designation so that photographers can be easily identified by PbNation users and staff. However please be aware that one of the primary challenges that we have in running a site as large as PbNation is the ever present issue of corporate spam. This new designation is not permission to create threads or posts that we consider corporate spam. Please be mindful of this when you create content or new user profiles that you wish to include in this program.
Do you get any feedback/reply on your application saying whether or not you qualify?
$75 - 5 MAN
$50 - 3 MAN

CONTACT ME with QUESTIONS NEFphotography@gmail.com
NEFphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:49 PM #236
KillaK10

cool
KillaK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:30 AM #237
somers

somers owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
somers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
somers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seeing as most marketing and "portfolios" are on facebook nowdays your rules would appear antiquated
somers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:06 AM #238
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John is BST Legit
John donated to help Peyton Trent
John is playing at Living Legends VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by somers View Post
seeing as most marketing and "portfolios" are on facebook nowdays your rules would appear antiquated
Yeah, a bit. But any photographer that uses Facebook as a primary way to show off their work has a lot to learn. Facebook just straight destroys photo quality so the pics load fast on phones.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:11 AM #239
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pakistani is BST Legit
Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by somers View Post
i disagree. the only photographers who use facebook as their primary portfolio are very likely just starting out or those who are not pursuing photography seriously anymore.

** BUY MY NINJA DM14 **
** BUY MY NINJA DM14 **
** BUY MY NINJA DM14 **
Pakistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:51 AM #240
OpsCaptain

OpsCaptain plays in the PSP
OpsCaptain is an NCPA player
OpsCaptain supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Yeah, a bit. But any photographer that uses Facebook as a primary way to show off their work has a lot to learn. Facebook just straight destroys photo quality so the pics load fast on phones.
Unfortunately Facebook does utterly destroy Photo quality. I would disagree however that it says the photographer necessarily has a lot to learn. While there are some websites that allow free hosting where you can put a portfolio up most sites require some sort of subscription fee or you have to start up and pay for your own website. While having your own website is all fine for a photography company; a single individual photographer who has a startup company but the photography (although of professionally quality) is only a side job; or something where real income isn't generated probably doesn't have the means need or desire to setup their own website
OpsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 AM #241
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pakistani is BST Legit
Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsCaptain View Post
Unfortunately Facebook does utterly destroy Photo quality. I would disagree however that it says the photographer necessarily has a lot to learn. While there are some websites that allow free hosting where you can put a portfolio up most sites require some sort of subscription fee or you have to start up and pay for your own website. While having your own website is all fine for a photography company; a single individual photographer who has a startup company but the photography (although of professionally quality) is only a side job; or something where real income isn't generated probably doesn't have the means need or desire to setup their own website
then they're simply a hobbyist at best, or more likely, hes just a guy with a camera. Everybody has their friend who got a camera for their birthday and started up a facebook page a week later for their "photography". the no facebook rule is the easiest way to weed those people out.

would you take a mechanic seriously if he didn't have his own garage or tools? what if a guy wants to join your paintball team and says "i'm really good, i just don't have any of my own gear".

putting your stuff on facebook doesn't mean you're a bad photographer and having a website doesn't mean you're a good one. What having a website does mean though, is that you take yourself seriously enough to invest the time, energy, and resources into creating a more professional portfolio.

** BUY MY NINJA DM14 **
** BUY MY NINJA DM14 **
** BUY MY NINJA DM14 **

Last edited by Pakistani : 02-02-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Pakistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:37 PM #242
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VIII
Hobbes The Tiger has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
putting your stuff on facebook doesn't mean you're a bad photographer and having a website doesn't mean you're a good one. What having a website does mean though, is that you take yourself seriously enough to invest the time, energy, and resources into creating a more professional portfolio.
This is important. Facebook is a great tool for marketing but if that's all you have to show for your work when there's excellent resources like 500px as an example (which at its core is free, by the way), it's hard to take someone seriously when they present that because 9/10 it's just someone with the camera taking photos of their buddies. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that, but the badge is for people that are taking paintball photography seriously and are booking teams, and offering services nationally or locally to paintball. Not everyone with a camera deserves the badge, unfortunately. If you're denied a badge you can either give up or keep working on it and come back with photos that show you should have one.

When Keely worked for the PSP she used to ask for your website, traffic stats, etc. You would've gotten denied immediately by her if you submitted something from Facebook only.

PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

DAB Photo: Instagram | Facebook
Hobbes The Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:15 PM #243
Saal
Sal's Photography

Saal is playing at Living Legends VIII
Saal owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Saal has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Saal has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Applied.

Facebook