Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-24-2003, 09:08 AM #43
dave1
gat foo's

dave1 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Smallies
The nerve is VERY similar to the impulse with an LPR... Its basically what the impulse SHOULD have been =)
Sounds like a $1000 bushmaster...

SmartParts? Id say SmartMarketing and a million dolts to eat it up.

Who ever said his timmy is a ultra high quality bushy, I have one question for you.. What makes you think Timmies are 'high quality'? the price? Bob Long even admits the 2k2's are just classics with new milling , delrin bolt and a LESS consistant 'single reg' ASA, yet they cost $300 more then the classics did new ... Every Timmy I have held/fired feels like its made of tin foil, has crazy trigger bounce(even with WAS), and is WAY over priced. But ya your right.. Beside that timmies are 'ultra high quality' Bushmasters.. with plastic eye covers...

P.S. Just so you give up before you open your mouth. For $500 right this second you can get a B2K3 PDS new in box(if you can find one), that is 2.2LBS, has a brand new military grade dust anno that is compairable to if not better then AKA's. comes stock with a 36bps board.., has the EXACT same antichop setup the timmies have + manual override, gets more shots per 1000psi on a 68cu.in, operates at a lower psi, has NO first shot drop off, has more post regulated air, has an 'Angel like' 4 way adjustable trigger frame, accepts bushmaster, Impulse and angel feednecks, costs less then half of what a dragon/costom Imps does, is %100 american made and is WAY less PLAYED OUT, they also come stock with licenced Glad knock offs stock these days as well, so you cant say crap about their regs anymore either, they also have the best threading on the market.. two full turns and your barrel is LOCKED into place, its nice.

If any of you own a open bolt blow back that can beat the quality/value/price of a new b2k3 PDS let me know. Untill then I can talk ish, because Im right.
get radios
responce by proraptor
I dont want to go that far Harb! If I do that then I might as well start watching star trek

Last edited by dave1 : 04-24-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2003, 09:17 AM #44
acsik

Welp

There is no magical ways to make a gun shoot fast. There is only one thing what makes guns faster than the rest.

Its called "the microswitch"....

The whole thing is about force needed to close the circuity. It has little to do with electric bounce or anything else. Hell you can bounce a bone stock Imp in the same way than a Dragon Timmy (with WAS). The only thing you have to do is change the microswithc to a lighter one. If its lighter you need less force to shoot it and the guns vibration does half of the job. Easy as that!

Go to your local geek store and pick up a lighter switch and try for yourself.

Cya
Old 04-24-2003, 09:20 AM #45
dave1
gat foo's

dave1 is a Supporting Member
i can get a 25gram switch for $7 but no thanx my 80 is fine and ICD has gone out of their way to debounce their boards in the first place

P.S. If you got a bushy with trigger bounce call ICD and they will replace it for free.

Oh ya, ICD has better costomer support too.
get radios
responce by proraptor
I dont want to go that far Harb! If I do that then I might as well start watching star trek
Old 05-03-2003, 03:35 PM #46
MikeH.

I think there is a tank with the shocker, Instead of making the nerve, they should put an eye and LCD on the shocker, name it something differently and sell it for $1000.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:23 PM #47
Featherlite 55

ahhh that avatar is evil. How could you have an avatar praising the evil and over hyped timmy? Anyway, I dont think the shocker needs an LCD. I would like to see it with an adrenalin angel style slide switch on/off though, like on the angel led, that would be nice. And a nice LED indicator on the back that blinks when I shoot. Also, for some reason, I dont see it being as accurate as the old ones.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:24 PM #48
Reklats

Quote:
Originally posted by acsik
Okay

Let me see

I got the impulse no: 3350 (or something like that)

The bolt pin broke 4 times....then I machined one
The hammer rod broke......then I machined one
Then the piston in the endcap broke...then I machined one
Then the bolt ejected the pin retaining ball and complete assebly holding it there....then I replaced it
I had an impulse in the same serial range as yours, and I fired truckloads of paint through it. My bolt pin never broke... my hammer rod never broke... my valve never broke... my bolt never broke...

Sounds like you don't know how to take care of your things.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:34 PM #49
Reklats

Quote:
Originally posted by dave1
If any of you own a open bolt blow back that can beat the quality/value/price of a new b2k3 PDS let me know. Untill then I can talk ish, because Im right.
Its still a bushy though. The stock reg, barrel, and lpr are going to be low quality, and the trigger will still never be as good as my angel. It'll be taller, less comfortable to hold, and the balance won't be as good. All the tallness/balance issues mean that it won't point as well. Durability/quality isn't exceptional either. My angels quality is. I can count on it to work when I need it to every time with incredibly minimal maintenance, and if something even hints at going bad, wdp will replace it for me. Oh, and big ICD jewel stickers are ugly.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:33 PM #50
dan1

why are all you people tlkin crap about the nerve it hasnt even come out yet ?
do you think you are some kind of prophet? can you tell the future?
ya i aggree with reklats some of you people have probibly never oiled your gun you probibly have rust inside your gun and the grip is full of sand
but mostly shut up and stop rippin on the nerve and shocker until they come out and blow away your precious bushies then you can be jelous and rip on them but just shut up and make this world a beter place by kicking your sleves in the butt and shut up!!!!
sure bushmasters are good guns but there are better ones
Old 06-04-2003, 02:28 PM #51
fenris69

better? bite thy tongue...no such thing. It's all a matter of perspective, personally I don't care for angels, I'd rather shoot a bushy. But then I'd rather have my micromag than any other marker...there ya go.

this nerve/shocker thing will play itself out in time, itll be interesting to see if theres any real improvement in the design.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:09 AM #52
acsik

Quote:
Originally posted by Reklats
I had an impulse in the same serial range as yours, and I fired truckloads of paint through it. My bolt pin never broke... my hammer rod never broke... my valve never broke... my bolt never broke...

Sounds like you don't know how to take care of your things.

Guess what? I did ! Tell me how can cleaning & lubing prevent ****ty workmanship and bad choice of materials? They released a beta state marker and let the public test it. Now all you hear thet the impulse this and that good.

For christ sake it took almost a year and assloads of aftermarket parts to have it working according the original spec. All of those aftermarket parts found their way to the latter revisions of the gun.

Oh yeah they call it "upgradeability" but in reality all those upgrades made it work as it should have been working from the start.

Think!

Cya
Old 06-05-2003, 02:26 AM #53
Reklats

Beats me, but it appears to have. Did you drop your gun a lot while you were cleaning it?
Old 06-05-2003, 02:49 AM #54
acsik

I was playing baseball with it, is that a problem?

No not at all. The broken parts had air bubbles left in them thats not exactly good for structural integrity.

Cya
Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 PM #55
JFpaintmonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by BlitzPA9
A good impulse with an LPR is the best gun in paintball right now
That's some nice BS

Shoot AKA, and rediscover quality

As for the Nerve... yes, Impulse on steroids... I'm sure it'll be decent tho.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:42 PM #56
JFpaintmonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Exilict
You make it sound like it is a kingman move, just add a new frame and viola, a whole new gun.

You look at the new shocker, and the old shocker.. You tell me the only thing they did was change the grip?

No one has any idea what is going on inside that gun.....

X
Single-solenoid closed bolt operation... two functions on a single-solenoid instead of one function per two, thus, twice the wear and tear. I heard the one on the first prototype blew after a few thousand shots.

While it's a nice idea, they should have made the new shocker open bolt and called it something else and gave themselves a little more time to think out a better small closed-bolt gun.

I completely agree with Acsik too... a gun that needs constant aftermarket maintainence isn't a quality piece of equipment. Take AKA for example...99% of the time excals and vikings work perfectly right out of the box... only thing you have to do is oil it before you play and it does the rest... not to mention, they're built solid as tanks, and thankfully, not quite as heavy and the featherlites own all

I will give em one thing... I love the body design... if my excal looked like that but required as little maintainence and still performed as well as it does, that'd rock... but the new shocker doesnt say AKA on it anywhere, so no thanks

The LPR on the nerve looks hideous tho... looks like a dang nipple growin out of the end of it.

Last edited by JFpaintmonkey : 06-07-2003 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:47 AM #57
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
This is getting way out of hand. All this SP promoting and bashing. And people getting way off topic comparing these to guns already on the market or just plain out stating that their gun is the best one on the planet. Why don't we just let this thread die and start making educated comments once we've seen how the new SP guns actually perform? Just my 2¢.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article
Old 08-09-2003, 08:45 PM #58
moochems
Super Constipated

the shoocker IS opne bo.lt....anyone hear see the isis by powerlyte looks ALOT like the nerve...and wouldnt suprise me at all if they worked similaryl....u know how a spyder works? u know that impys/timys/angels/bushys etc work like those just pneaumatically...well i think the nerve will be like a oneaumatic tipman with a huge lp chamber on the bottom
Old 08-11-2003, 11:53 AM #59
skpaintball

yea, its open bolt, they decided to change from closed to open....
Old 09-02-2003, 02:27 PM #60
What?

Quote:
yea, its open bolt, they decided to change from closed to open....
What the ***** are you talking about. The Shocker was a closed bolt gun and the new one still is. The nerve is and open bolt gun and is new. You better cut back on the weed.

Quit bashing others gun. You are entitled to an opinion and so is every one elce. Painball guns are like cars. They all prety much work the same but people still buy different kinds of cars. It is personal preferance. Some buy a BMW other buy a Honda. One costs alot more, some people think it is worth it, others don't.

Quit Bashing on the nerve, it isn't even out yet. Wait until it comes out, shoot one, then if you think it sucks, bash it all you want. The new shocker is out, you can buy one on pbgear.com.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:52 PM #61
skpaintball

Well, thats what i heard, the new shocker is open bolt. U can call sp to double check.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:55 PM #62
What?

You may want to learn something about the product you are bashing befor you jump in a thread and give your two cents. It will keep you from being flamed as often. You won't be able hid behind your computer all the time. You will say something to someone that is false, and he or shee will beat teh ***** out of you. If you go to http://www.pb2x.com/april2003.htm they talk about the new shocker and Nerve. Scroll down about a quarter of teh way and it says:
Quote:
The new Shocker will remain a closed bolt paintball gun, as this is the primary source of its legendary accuracy.
You can learn some stuff so you don't have to make it up. It is much easier to base arguments on fact, you don't have to remember all the lies that you have said.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:24 PM #63
skpaintball

cool down fella, i wasnt trying to bash or anything, just something i heard, but I guess I was wrong. No harm done.