Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 PM #1
saeidiphoto

Cool What B Short Thought Of Uspl (and I Went To Wasnt Good At All!)

SO THIS IS WHAT BRANDON SHORT THOUGHT OF USPL IN HIS QUOTES ON HIS SITE.

"The USPL, which is the 7-man events that took over since the NPPL is taking us back to SC Village! I thought it would be cool to go back to my old stomping grounds, but as soon as I arrived I changed my mind. The tournament is small and reminds me of all the local tournaments I used to play when I was 16 years old. It’s sad to see my favorite thing in the world take a few steps back, but I guess it’s for the best. If the USPL didn’t go back to SC Village there might not be an event, so I need to look on the bright side."

"Today started ridiculously early at 4:50 am. I slept in San Diego, which is an hour and a half away. I thought we had later games today, but I soon found out they started at 7:30 am sharp, so I was up a the crack of dawn driving. I don’t understand why games have to start so early when there are only 40 teams playing the event. There was a lot of down time during the day where nobody was playing. Games started at 7:30 and were over at 10. We were super rushed and barely had any time to discuss what happen in our game and what we wanted to do in the next…"

SO ALL IN ALL GUYS USPL WAS REALLY BORING AND HORRIBLE HARDLY ANYONE SHOWED UP I GUESS PRO PBALL WASNT LIKE 2004-2008 I FEEL SAD HOW 2009 PBALL HAS BEEN AND HOW IT WILL BE LATER ON THESE YEARS.
saeidiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2009, 10:21 PM #2
brianwhite
louie ferrigno <3

amen
brianwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 PM #3
saeidiphoto

Brianwhite

hey did u go cause i did today omg i was bored i left withing 2 hours no lie
Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 AM #4
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

has been a member for 10 years
ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
oouch.. kinda sounded like HB for a sec. Im just going to cheer my buddies on. I kinda wasnt able to play..
Old 07-25-2009, 10:25 AM #5
Impact Ir3 03
NJ Balla

Impact Ir3 03 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
These Events are nothing what they used to be and What I do not understand is that more people are playing and less teams are showing up. You know it's getting bad when there are only 4 events in each the PSP and the USPL. It's nothing like it used to be. Years ago there were more events. More vendors. I remember in 2003 being the NJ person I am in Englishtown they had a NPPL event and even tho the weather sucked there were so many teams, vendors, people. Were did it all go.

What I believe needs to happen is cut all this D3 stuff out and just play D2-D1-Semi-Pro. No need for pump being we can't even get more then 40 teams at a tourney is unbelievable. We need for it too cheaper, more reasonable to locations, and we need more support. For many seasons. Its all on the west coast. Do people realize that we have MA, NYC, NJ, PA, MD, Washington..With some of the nicest fields on the cost. I think people need to realize more people are playing here then in California. Where a huge base of Pro Teams are.

Why even hold a event with 40 teams. Might as well combine all the Divisions and let there be Pro, Semi, and then the rest. And I would say lower the fee for teams to play but I don't even think thats the case. If I think about it..I rather lower it anyways maybe it would attract 1-5 more teams. What do you have to lose...Get some more money or No money at all??? I have been playing for some time now and its just getting worse too where the local series events are turning out better. Just my opinion but we need help.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 AM #6
stanknasty
just took a shower

stanknasty plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
yea bring it to the east coast more
Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 AM #7
bigge360

bigge360 donated to help Peyton Trent
bigge360 helped look for balloons
bigge360 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigge360 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanknasty View Post
bigge360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 AM #8
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
What a lot of you kids don't realize is that this is because of the state of the economy, in part. Almost every company in every industry is affected. People are being laid off, forced to take time off without pay, working reduced hours, and even having their pay cut. Companies are looking at vastly reduced business, filing bankruptcy, and having to make every possible cut back just to stay afloat.

What this does is put less money in every individuals pocket, so fewer people are willing to spend their money on an upstart league. I was at SC for the NPPL in 2001 or 2002 (Yes, NPPL used to play at existing fields such as SC Village), and there weren't very many vendors. I haven't been able to make it out to this event yet, but from what I've seen in pics, it doesn't look much smaller, though there may be fewer teams. If all the teams that want to play 7 man give the USPL a chance, and everyone tries to give constructively criticism, instead of just complaining, then the USPL can grow into a league every bit as good as the old NPPL was.
Ri0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:01 AM #9
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanknasty View Post

USPL tried that - no one registered so the event was canceled and rescheduled as the West Coast Open. if you Easterners want more events you have to sign up when the come along.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 AM #10
Impact Ir3 03
NJ Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
What a lot of you kids don't realize is that this is because of the state of the economy, in part. Almost every company in every industry is affected. People are being laid off, forced to take time off without pay, working reduced hours, and even having their pay cut. Companies are looking at vastly reduced business, filing bankruptcy, and having to make every possible cut back just to stay afloat.

What this does is put less money in every individuals pocket, so fewer people are willing to spend their money on an upstart league. I was at SC for the NPPL in 2001 or 2002 (Yes, NPPL used to play at existing fields such as SC Village), and there weren't very many vendors. I haven't been able to make it out to this event yet, but from what I've seen in pics, it doesn't look much smaller, though there may be fewer teams. If all the teams that want to play 7 man give the USPL a chance, and everyone tries to give constructively criticism, instead of just complaining, then the USPL can grow into a league every bit as good as the old NPPL was.
First off..I am not just some "kid" with a remark. I work full time. And yes the "industry" has been affected I think I'm honestly tired of hearing it already. That right there is a excuse on its own. I work in the car business and it has slowed down but believe it or not people are still buying and still spending money. This whole talk of what needs to happen and people need to give it a chance. These tournaments were doomed from last year.

Division 1 7-man entry $2,000
Division 2 7-man entry $1,850
Division 3 7-man entry $1,600
Division 3 5-man entry $950

And yes those are discounted prices. Thats just crazy for 7 people to play paintball for a cash prize amount. I dont even think the teams at this point care to win a cash prize. Go back to giving guns away or some stuff like that. And make a overall series prize.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:11 AM #11
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

I wasn't aiming that post at you. Your posts are intelligent. Some others (and not just this thread) just complain that it isn't the glory days of NPPL, when it's a brand new league, starting in a rough time.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:13 AM #12
Impact Ir3 03
NJ Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post

USPL tried that - no one registered so the event was canceled and rescheduled as the West Coast Open. if you Easterners want more events you have to sign up when the come along.
And when did they bring the even to the east coast? I would love to know they maybe did it a handful of times. Englishtown NJ, Boston..Buffalo NY, Atlantic City. There have always been 5 events and now where down to 4..
Old 07-25-2009, 11:18 AM #13
Impact Ir3 03
NJ Balla

NPPL
Official Website
San Diego, CA 2008 - WARPIG Report
Buffalo NY 2008 - WARPIG Report
Jacksonville, FL 2008 - WARPIG Report
Huntington Beach, CA 2008 - WARPIG Report
San Diego, CA 2007 - WARPIG Report
Kansas City, MO 2007 - WARPIG Report
Boston, MA 2007 - WARPIG Report
Tampa, FL 2007 - WARPIG Report
Huntington Beach, CA 2007 - WARPIG Report
Orange, CA 2006 - WARPIG Report
San Diego, CA 2006 - WARPIG Report
Boston, MA 2006 - WARPIG Report
Tampa, FL 2006 - WARPIG Report
Huntington Beach, CA 2006 - WARPIG Report
Miami, FL 2005 - WARPIG Report
San Diego, CA 2005 - WARPIG Report
Denver, CO 2005 - WARPIG Report
Tampa, FL 2005 - WARPIG Report
Huntington Beach, CA 2005 - WARPIG Report
San Diego, CA 2004 - WARPIG Report
Las Vegas, NV 2004 - WARPIG Report
Denver, CO 2004 - WARPIG Report
Tampa, FL 2004 - WARPIG Report
Huntington Beach, CA 2004 - WARPIG Report
2003 Ranking
Miami, FL 2003 - WARPIG Report
New Jersey 2003 - Scores & Commentary
Chicago, IL 2003 - Scores & Commentary
Las Vegas, NV 2003 - WARPIG Report
Huntington Beach, CA 2003 - WARPIG Report
2002 Professional Rosters
2002 Ranking
Orando, FL 2002 - WARPIG Report
Atlantic City, NJ 2002 - WARPIG Report
Chicago, IL 2002 - WARPIG Report
Las Vegas, NV 2002 - WARPIG Report
LA Open, Corona, CA 2002 - WARPIG Report
2001 Professional Rosters
2001 10 Man Ranking
2001 5 Man Ranking
Orlando FL 2001 - WARPIG Report
Atlantic City, NJ 2001- WARPIG Report
Chicago, IL 2001 - WARPIG Report
Gettysburg, PA 2001 - WARPIG Report
Corona, CA 2001 - WARPIG Report
Organizational Meeting - WARPIG Report
Orlando, FL 2000 - WARPIG Report
Nashville, TN 2000 - WARPIG Report
Chicago, IL2000 - WARPIG Report
Pittsburgh, PA 2000 - WARPIG Report
Los Angeles, CA 2000 - WARPIG Report
League Rules - 1999
Orlando, FL 1999 - WARPIG Report
Boston, MA 1999 - WARPIG Report
Chicago, IL1999 - WARPIG Report
Dallas, TX 1999- WARPIG Report
Las Vegas, NV 1999 - WARPIG Report
Orlando, FL 1998 - WARPIG Report
Portland, OR 1998 - scores
Chicago, IL 1998 - WARPIG Report
Pittsburgh, PA1998 - scores
Las Vegas , NV1998 - WARPIG Report
Orlando, FL 1997 - WARPIG Report
Las Vegas, NV 1997- WARPIG Report
Orlando, FL 1996- WARPIG Report

NWTS

That right there is your history of events. When it first started till now. The industry I would say was big back then but with the technology now you would think it would be better. And what always makes me wonder. Why in the hell are these guns so damn expensive now. I know its a totally different subject but a company selling there gun for 1500.00 for a shocker basically is crazy. Back in those days Angels were the guns to have and the most expensive. probably a good 1100 around there. But also keep in mind at these tournaments they also where a very big Vendor as well
Old 07-25-2009, 11:55 AM #14
saeidiphoto

Red face u guys are right

u guys are right about the economy and stuff its just "USPL" should learn to not just bring it to west coast (i am in west coast/ CALI) they should go everywhere and like when i went yesterday it was all dirty and the fields were not set up right only like 4 vendors and hardly any spectators and most people watching were the other teams. so i mean instead of USPL in Vegas for the next event (that's if they will do it there) they should do it in east coast like some of you guys said or at least bring jt or dm vendors and all the big ones or make $hit cheaper
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM #15
Jman5000

didnt you read impacts post? In this economy there is no room to spend money and plus the vast majority of paintball's popularity is the west coast, but since its seriously costing them than they start out small, 40 teams yeah so what, with a little more time and USPL learning from the mistakes dont be surprised that the league vastly expands by next year.

And as for "Impact Ir3 03" the guns are expensive because a lot of companys are tapping into the tournament gun market, if you've noticed Angel isn't really the top dog of the industry anymore now we have Eclipse,Dye,DP,Macdev,SP(who really raised the bar with the LUXE) all these companies competing and their "ridiculous pricing" is a result of who has the better technology and its the stupid players (not all) that decide that spending their $1000 dollars saved for a new marker when they just bought a 09 ego is better than spending it on a 7man event is one of many reasons why these leagues gotta charge more, its good to see people spend but not that stupidly

Last edited by Jman5000 : 07-25-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Jman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:40 PM #16
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

It's not up to the USPL to bring the vendors, it's up to the vendors to bring themselves.

Sure, USPL could waive the booth fees, but then they lose money. USPL has to profit off of the event, or they won't be able to market the event or plan future events.

I do, however, think it's self-fulfilling. PSP can afford bigger events because more people attend and are interested, thus more vendors can go and know they'll make more profit off of it. USPL has fewer spectators because there are fewer vendors and fewer teams. There are fewer vendors because there are fewer spectators. The only thing any of us can do to help is to make sure everyone who can attend does, and every team who can play does. It's got to be OUR league, and WE have to support it. In the end, we are where the profit comes from, and that's always the bottom line.

My dad has quoted something he heard from a source I can't remember that seems applicable: "There's a lot more to life than money, but there's certainly not less."
Old 07-25-2009, 05:50 PM #17
||SoCaLkId||
.818ventkrew

||SoCaLkId|| plays in the USPL
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the PSP
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the APPA D3 division
play wcppl. most bang for your buck and the reffing is on point. i know of some teams leaving uspl for wcppl after this event for sure. sucks this league is going down like this as paintball is as well. hopefully it will get better.

LA Collision • Fast Five • R.I.P CS Union • Cobras
Steezy beanies for sale. pm me.
||SoCaLkId|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 PM #18
TuxMag26

TuxMag26 is a founding member
stick a fork in the USPL... local 5 man(not even race) leagues here in FL are getting more teams than the USPL.

this league and this format is finished. thanks for your time.

Central Florida Paintball
TuxMag26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:25 PM #19
t3nacity
PBX3/TSP Photographer

t3nacity is a Paintball photographer
Thumbs down

This comes as no surprise.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again expecting a different result. 7-man was a SigEpic FAIL once and now it has proven it self to be a failure again.

After this year maybe they will finally realize having only one league is better for everyone.
t3nacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:39 PM #20
Tntrm69
Blind bA Aggression

your a fool to complain things only die because of negative people like you. if you really want this to be big you have to support it.
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana USA

R.I.P. Michael Marine
Tntrm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:40 PM #21
NJ Mikey A
Memento Mori

NJ Mikey A plays in the PSP
NJ Mikey A supports Cereal Killerz 2
NJ Mikey A is for the Gunfight
Bring back 10 man
You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." "There is a point beyond which they must not advance." And this—this is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said, "The destiny of man is not measured by material computations. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we're spirits—not animals." And he said, "There's something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
NJ Mikey A is offline   Reply With Quote