stalker2005
~The Finisher~

has been a member for 10 years
stalker2005 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
stalker2005 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanChuckStraw View Post
Thought of a few more ideas, however, they're not Tournament specific. They're more of a: Getting Paintball & Your Team out into the community.
Now, that being said: I have no idea what the financial or resource impact would-be for your team. They're mainly just ideas or someone going pew-pew with concepts...

However, I dislike spewing ideas, without at-least; and just like the other gentleman; offering some form of assistance. Therefore, I would-be happy to figure out solutions or attempts at making any one of the ideas a reality...IE: Assisting in any means I am capable of.

And with that...
More Ideas: (I did bold items: to make it easier to find, not to yell)

Hosting a Clinic For:
Younger Players (Or Young Guns)
I acknowledge, this could-be a pain, but! helping the next generation out, while you're coaching them - could-be seen as: O look, they love the kids. Also, you could use it to scout out new players. It's the AC: Dallas concept.

Hosting a Professional Player Clinic
Now, does not have to a player from Dynasty - but! We could check with Nick (4leaf4life) about coming-in...he's in IL.
Or could we check with Luxe; about having someone they sponsor come in?

You could: Combine a Clinic with a Tournament.
Morning: Clinic
Afternoon: Tournament
And, you could "draft" teams: Say - Pro Player Vs. Team Khoatik

Also, another odd idea:
Take a Saturday and do: Walk-ons.
Specifically, go to Apoc - with your gear on and ask if you could Ref or help any of the walk on groups. And not just stand-watch, but walk with them through the fields - directing them: Okay shoot there or run here or duck!
And if two of you go: it's Five with Eric and Five with Brandon; then Eric Vs Brandon! It's a mini-scenario game. On-top of it: You've given a group of people a really good memory about paintball and your team and Apoc. And you would not have to do it all day: Just an hour or two.

Pod-Hunt is an awesome idea!
With Easter coming-up, thoughts for next year: Could you host a Pod-Hunt within the Spring-time combined with Clean-up details at Apoc to generate interest?
Pods would-be filled with similar items: Coupons for Free Admission or extra 500 rounds...Date with Tyler.
Your trooping through the forest, see trash: Pick-it up. See a Pod: Pick-it UP Chop a branch down, see a pod...
These are all great ideas. I truely like the hosting a Pro day because we don't get enough variation around this area. Seems like the same person over and over in the area. We have a couple pros we can choose from. Aaron Tholey (Shock), John Kurzawa (TMG), Cliff Ginter (Shock), Nick Slowiak (187 Crew) and being sponsored by DLX that opens up that door alot more.

With Easter around the corner its a little late to get the ball rolling on a pod hunt however I will put that in my notes for next year so I can plan a little more efficiently.

We do alot with walkons even during our sunday practices. Alot of the guys work on saturdays so using PTO for a non event is kinda hard but I will bring it up to them.
stalker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2016, 11:59 AM #23
SiegeRobb
Robb from Team Siege

Check out the event links on The Siege Paintball's FB and website. Lots of events coming up including our 3 man XBALL series. It's actually XBall with scoreboards, air stations, and full pits.
Also we are now one of the practice fields for pro Boom. That and we are Cody Mickowski's home field so he makes an appearance every few weeks. Long story short of you are looking for a place to practice or play you really need to check us out.
SiegeRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups