Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM #1
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

sameagol26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sameagol26 supports Empire
Demon Leaking and FSDO

Hey guys, got my Demon a few days ago and it is the nicest shooter I have ever used. I was actually extremely surprised when I could hardly even hold the marker and feel no kick. But this smoothness has come with a price it seems.

I am having quite a bit of leaking issues, a lot due to the lube they supplied I think. The lube supplied was very runny and thin so I wiped it down and switched over to actual monkey poo from oring monkey which was a lot thicker, smoother and it's yellow. It stop most of the leaks. Now there is just one somewhat quiet, annoying leaking coming from what sounds like just above the grips where the body splits...

I have taken the body and spilt it in half and it looks like there is one oring near some wiring that could be causing it but I'm not sure.

My question is whether Dow 55 could cause this to stop leaking since it's thick and seals/ swells orings better?

Also, I have some FSDO issues for whatever reason. That was with the stock runny lube and I havent tried it since I've used my monkey poo lube but what are some things I can do to prevent FSDO. It was obvious it was happening because when I went to chrono it, I got chrono readings of 220, 260, 275 so it finally got up to the velocity it was set at after a few shots and consitantly worked there...

Anyways, any help would be appreciated! I love this marker, I just want to leanr how to deal with the little quirks it has sometimes. It's the best shooting marker out there!

Here's the video of the FSDO issue:

And just a video showing how sexy it is!!!

Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners

Last edited by sameagol26 : 11-11-2011 at 06:56 PM.
sameagol26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 PM #2
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Anyone?
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 PM #3
jason_vanguard
Valveflow Ltd

jason_vanguard works for a Paintball manufacturer
jason_vanguard is for the Gunfight
jason_vanguard is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameagol26
Anyone?
Sorry everyone is real busy with Vegas at the minute, hence our lack of reply. I'm pretty sure we can get you back to 100% real quick, the fsdo is most probably the lube but for now you can either up your dwell a little or enable fsdo on the board , as for the leaks it could be from a few o rings so it's hard to diagnose from your vids, which are great btw, have you had a look at the demon tech videos? They may help, but don't worry we will have you all sorted out ASAP if they don't .
Jason

jason_vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 PM #4
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_vanguard View Post
Sorry everyone is real busy with Vegas at the minute, hence our lack of reply. I'm pretty sure we can get you back to 100% real quick, the fsdo is most probably the lube but for now you can either up your dwell a little or enable fsdo on the board , as for the leaks it could be from a few o rings so it's hard to diagnose from your vids, which are great btw, have you had a look at the demon tech videos? They may help, but don't worry we will have you all sorted out ASAP if they don't .
Jason
Hey thanks, and sorry to sound impatient! I had no idea the NPPL tournament was going on Haha, and I think I have sorted out the FSDO issues. I checked my board settings and they were changed for some reason from the stock settings that they were suppose to be at. Dwell was only at 13.5 and the FSDO preventer mode was off so I enabled it. The leak was still happening though which bothered me and like I said, it was coming from where the body and frame splits, just above the grip frame and when I took it sounds to be from the air transfer hole by the wiring when the body is split... I am a perfectionist and I have taken it apart a dozen times now looking at it and it looks to be in good shape so I'm not sure what's up. I have also cleaned it of stock lube and relubed it. Sadly, I ran out of air so I have no way of testing it for a few days. But I understand you guys are busy!

Get back to me when you can.
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
Old 11-11-2011, 07:36 PM #5
FightingOriole
No sanity here

plays in the NXL
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
definately go to Dow 55, i use to have some leaking issues, namely down the barrel and the asa. i switched to dow 55 and no problems
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 PM #6
comple

comple supports DLX Technology
Keep the demon don't sell it! Just got my brand new one last week and am still torn between my Vamp G6r and the Demon and I've gotta say....demon is winning right now after only using Demon for about 4 games.
comple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 PM #7
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!

If the leak is where you say it is. Then pull apart the frame and lube up the two orings on the transfer pipe from the frame to the manifold. When you get there I tecomend you don't remove the manifold. Our kits don't come with orings for the manifold.
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:55 AM #8
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

has been a member for 10 years
SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Sorry for the inconvenience to all the owners and late responces.

FSDO can be cured by lube ( dow 55) and adjusting the Fsdo time and dwell.

Fsdo time should be set at 10 sec
FSDO dwell 1.5ms
Your dwell should be at 15.0 ms
If u have a leak at rear of trigger frame replace the 8x1 oring on bottom rear manifold.

Eric
Vanguard US
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:32 PM #9
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Okay, thanks guys! I will see if this helps when I get air again and when my Dow 55 comes in. I am going to try lubing the orings with 55 to see if it provides a better seal and prevents the leaks before I go and change the orings because I don't have a lot of them in the parts bag. Also, it's only a fairly quiet leak which leads me to believe it's not being sealed correctly and I am thinking it is coming from the 008 oring but I can't be certain.

I will update the thread and let you know how it goes when I get air which could be in a week or so.

Thanks for the great customer service guys! Vanguard has stolen my heart Hahaha!
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM #10
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Never hurts to put a bit of dow 55 on static orings. That goes for any gun. I've done it on almost all of my guns. Even poppet style guns around the valves since that little bit of swell fixes issues with bad or out of spec orings and parts. Can't hurt.

I bet if you just put your current #8 oring in 55 for the night, then replaced it into the same spot it would work fine.