Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 PM #1093
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!
 
tim2thousand4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Noticeable over stock. I've always been a fan of heavier bolts. I had a brass one in my g6r forever and now this one in the insight.
__________________
Please leave feedback where you are buying/selling. Thank you!

Bob long insight soft face bolts in stock now!!
Hottest new markers!!www.breakoutactionsports.com
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 PM #1094
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987
 
juggernaught_lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On a cozy street corner
juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Anyone have experience with Pathogen grease?

Got some in my hustle mystery box, figure it will be better then expired dow33..
It works well. I've used it on My Demon, Vapor, DM and my Insight. It holds up well and does not turn to mush in the warmer/hot weather. It has a Vaseline consistency with a better viscosity
__________________
FREE AGENT Necessity Before Loyalty
Coming Soon New Paintball Line - Maneuverability, Breathability, Accessibility and Protection
Fat Ballers - We're not fat, we're fluffy / Insight Operators Group
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
juggernaught_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:36 PM #1095
Drayven
 
 
Drayven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Monkey poo or lurker? My sleek is about empty, and might try something different...
__________________
A man walks in to a bar and hands the innkeeper three nails and asks "Can you put me up for the night?"

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 PM #1096
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!
 
tim2thousand4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
I like the poo a lot. Macdev lube works well as well - it just doesn't last as long.
__________________
Please leave feedback where you are buying/selling. Thank you!

Bob long insight soft face bolts in stock now!!
Hottest new markers!!www.breakoutactionsports.com
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:18 PM #1097
a43
Fight to Win
 
a43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Jose
a43 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
a43 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Anyone have experience with Pathogen grease?

Got some in my hustle myster box, figure it will be better then expired dow33..
I do!

It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't use Dow 33....

works great for me, stays in there forever... very thick, yet VERY slick. Only grease I've used with my Insight.
__________________
{INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP}

Purple/Orange BL Insight | Empire 68/45 | Dye Jersey | Ninja adjustable Pro reg | Rotor | Sly Profits |
a43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:36 PM #1098
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado
 
Big Papa Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoCO
Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Anyone have experience with Pathogen grease?

Got some in my hustle myster box, figure it will be better then expired dow33..
Yes Sir ... Works great. I also use the Poo too ... I use Pathogen on the VIS and Poo on the Insights.
__________________
Domination through Saturation
Old and Slow
MARQ CLAN
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:38 PM #1099
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado
 
Big Papa Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoCO
Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
Noticeable over stock. I've always been a fan of heavier bolts. I had a brass one in my g6r forever and now this one in the insight.
We'll see. When I put mine in today, there seemed to be more room for roll-back than with the stock bolt ... I'll give it a go with the new bolt this weekend.
__________________
Domination through Saturation
Old and Slow
MARQ CLAN
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:24 PM #1100
Carlos_Is_King
 
 
Carlos_Is_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Thought I would post this here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhazedReality818 View Post
just tested the new bolt... i am on the fence on this one.

test set up
insight with 11ms dwell
lurker 14 inch, 2 piece eigen barrel with .678 bore.
1 single reball shot over and over
virtue clock chrono

stock bolt and ram = 291fps average.
new bolt and ram = 275fps
stock bolt with new ram = 290fps

the shot is noticeably smoother. the new bolt does have a softer sound signature too. i think i'm gonna run with the new ram and stock bolt in my set up as it maintains the fps and has the smoother shot. if i do ever get a bunch of breaks with more tourney grade paints, i will switch over to the soft face bolt and see how that goes because it does seem like it will handle those paints better.

conclusion = i like it. but the price is too damn high for what you get out of it. should have been priced around 40 to 50$
__________________
Steel Plum Vcom
Lime /Black Insight NG

Marq Clan
Insight Owners Group
Carlos_Is_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 PM #1101
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado
 
Big Papa Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoCO
Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
I posted this this morning in the news section, his findings are very simular to mine.

In testing yesterday in the basement I saw a 15 FPS DROP when putting the new bolt in which means I had to increase the pressure to get it back to 285. That will decrease efficiency and I suspect increase sound signature, but I was in the basement ... so it was hard to tell. I'll report back after Saturday.

Saturday will be a full day and two cases of testing with the new ram and bolt. I'll also try the new ram with the old bolt to see if I like that.
__________________
Domination through Saturation
Old and Slow
MARQ CLAN
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 PM #1102
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado
 
Big Papa Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoCO
Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
So ... Saturday paintball against and with the guys from Hustle is over ... and I have quite a few thoughts on the bolt.

Weather:
80 to 90 degrees outside 20% humidity.

I started by getting the normal bolt to 285 fps and shot a hopper with it to get a feel for original bolt in a well broken in Insight; the BCA. Degassed, put the new bolt in, changed nothing else ... and 282 fps over the chrono ... I expected to need to tun it up ... follow-up shots were 281, 279, 283 ... okay set and not changing that. With this new bolt and rammer, it felt very much like the well broken in Insight right off the bat; it felt the exact same as the well broken in stock equipment. 2 cases in and it was shooting smoother, not Vcom smooth, but also not far off. It really did have just enough feedback to let you know it was shooting ... I like the feedback, and I hope it doesn't smooth out any more.

Efficiency was not impacted at all and I was still getting about 1800 shots off a 68/45 tank ... Stupid efficient and it didn't change.

I did however run into one issue. I took a pod hit and didn't realize it until I was dumping broken paint from the pod into the hopper and decided to see what it would do since it also happened once before with the stock bolt. The new bolt did seize up faster than the original bolt to the point that it would not move a broken paintball into the chamber ... it is so soft on paint that it loaded a broken shell without crushing it ... it got stuck in the barrel, and caused the marker to jam in a firefight ... The original bolt has shot through that same issue in the past with far fewer issues. So as long as you keep the breach clear of paint or shells, you should be good to go.

I also noticed a decrease in the sound signature to again, close to Vcom levels, but only close. I didn't have a Vcom to shoot side-by-side as I took a Victus also with the new bolt to the field as a backup.

I know that was rambling ... Conclusion:
It was smoother once it had a chance to break in the sail o-rings, noticeably quieter, with the same efficiency. I was running the "what works for me" settings.
It will be interesting to see how it handles cold weather.

Overall I think it is a solid pickup for the smoother and quieter shot with the same efficiency. I prefer the way this bolt is currently shooting over the stock equipment and I REALLY liked how the original bolt shot.
__________________
Domination through Saturation
Old and Slow
MARQ CLAN
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:25 PM #1103
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!
 
tim2thousand4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
So ... Saturday paintball against and with the guys from Hustle is over ... and I have quite a few thoughts on the bolt.

Weather:
80 to 90 degrees outside 20% humidity.

I started by getting the normal bolt to 285 fps and shot a hopper with it to get a feel for original bolt in a well broken in Insight; the BCA. Degassed, put the new bolt in, changed nothing else ... and 282 fps over the chrono ... I expected to need to tun it up ... follow-up shots were 281, 279, 283 ... okay set and not changing that. With this new bolt and rammer, it felt very much like the well broken in Insight right off the bat; it felt the exact same as the well broken in stock equipment. 2 cases in and it was shooting smoother, not Vcom smooth, but also not far off. It really did have just enough feedback to let you know it was shooting ... I like the feedback, and I hope it doesn't smooth out any more.

Efficiency was not impacted at all and I was still getting about 1800 shots off a 68/45 tank ... Stupid efficient and it didn't change.

I did however run into one issue. I took a pod hit and didn't realize it until I was dumping broken paint from the pod into the hopper and decided to see what it would do since it also happened once before with the stock bolt. The new bolt did seize up faster than the original bolt to the point that it would not move a broken paintball into the chamber ... it is so soft on paint that it loaded a broken shell without crushing it ... it got stuck in the barrel, and caused the marker to jam in a firefight ... The original bolt has shot through that same issue in the past with far fewer issues. So as long as you keep the breach clear of paint or shells, you should be good to go.

I also noticed a decrease in the sound signature to again, close to Vcom levels, but only close. I didn't have a Vcom to shoot side-by-side as I took a Victus also with the new bolt to the field as a backup.

I know that was rambling ... Conclusion:
It was smoother once it had a chance to break in the sail o-rings, noticeably quieter, with the same efficiency. I was running the "what works for me" settings.
It will be interesting to see how it handles cold weather.

Overall I think it is a solid pickup for the smoother and quieter shot with the same efficiency. I prefer the way this bolt is currently shooting over the stock equipment and I REALLY liked how the original bolt shot.
Is it as I described?
__________________
Please leave feedback where you are buying/selling. Thank you!

Bob long insight soft face bolts in stock now!!
Hottest new markers!!www.breakoutactionsports.com
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:24 PM #1104
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado
 
Big Papa Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoCO
Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
It is indeed.
__________________
Domination through Saturation
Old and Slow
MARQ CLAN
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 PM #1105
Angel_Owner_188200
Mod Wanna Be...Gun Tech
 
Angel_Owner_188200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Annual Supporting Member
Angel_Owner_188200 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Angel_Owner_188200 posts videos on PbNation
Angel_Owner_188200 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Angel_Owner_188200 is Legendary
Angel_Owner_188200 is Boss
Angel_Owner_188200 supports Empire


I want to join....lol
Angel_Owner_188200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM #1106
tegan765
FOREVER UNITED CLOTHING
 
tegan765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bern, North Carolina
tegan765 plays in the PSP
tegan765 plays in the APPA D4 division
tegan765 supports DLX Technology
Shot the insight with the new bolt all day today, shot great no chops, still efficient as hell, only thing was I had to up my dwell to 12.5 because I was having some bolt stick but not terrible. 12.5 fixed it perfect. Shoots great and has a totally different shot that the stock bolt kinda got get use to it. For sure smoother though. Deff recommend picking one up
__________________
Carolina Snapback #765
Empire
Bob Long
Critical
DssPaintball/RAZA
UNDR
Social Painball
Hkarmy
tegan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM #1107
WildWayz
The Moose God
 
WildWayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Annual Supporting Member
Awesome!!

My new Insight is still in transit via UPS - bit worried as no tracking info for 2 days then it was tracked again, but the status is set from Expedited to Exception.

Digging about - either it was lost, then found or could be delayed or even damaged in transit.... guess I won't know until it lands in the UK :/
__________________
For Freelance 3D Rendering Services, Manual Writing Service or Setting Up Support Ticket Systems visit here: My Services Thread
Progress Paintball - UK Sales and Support Thread - UK Dealer and Unofficial Service Center for Bob Long and Machine Paintball.

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump