Community Focus

Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM #22
DillonT
Do a wheelie!

has been a member for 10 years
DillonT is reppin' sidebar 4 life
DillonT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ive been looking into brakes so much its un healthy. i have no idea what i am going to buy yet. its the last thing i need to buy to drive my car. so a part of me wants to cheap out, the other part wants to wait....
DillonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 PM #23
F1VENOM

AP 6 piston front, 4 piston rear and 14" or bust. Stainless lines and ATE fluid.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:43 PM #24
Garr Bear
Mods can't even handle me

DBA or Stop Tech blanks with Performance Friction Carbon Semi-metallic pads. Oreilly pads aren't bad, just don't go with the Standard Brake pads, those will turn to dust in three months. Oreilly even sells the Performance Friction pads and has them in store.
Garr Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 PM #25
UglyDuckGizmo

UglyDuckGizmo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbandfan View Post
What year is the acura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
I use the Hawk HPS+ on my NSX. lil more dust then the OEM but they stop awesome! Even cold they work great something a race pad will not do. Get stock rotors. Don't mess with the knock off ebay junk Brembos.

You want stopping power and great feel, just upgrade the lines to some coated bradded lines this made the biggest difference for me. I use the Hawk HPS+ with absolutely no fade with numerous track / time trial events under my belt.
stock rotors are spendy. are centric or raybestos ok?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 PM #26
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Raybestos professional rotors are fine. Don't get their service grade parts though.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM #27
Mr Idiot Box
Stock Classy

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Power slot, Dba, slotted rotors are fine stay away from cheep drilled rotors they crack with any kind of abuse. I would get good pads and braded lines. It's the best bang for your buck.

I have never used centric but the do meet the basic standards on there premium rotors. I would recommend the Hawk HPS pads they work great! When it's time to replace mine I'm getting another set. Just make sure you follow the beding procedure properly. It extends the life and keeps the pads working to the optimal performance.

A BBK kit will distroy what little low end torque you have. They are all show no go and are expensive.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 03-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM #28
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
have powerslot and hawk hps pads waiting to go on. will report back with results. They were a little more expensive than oem in my case.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM #29
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
have powerslot and hawk hps pads waiting to go on. will report back with results. They were a little more expensive than oem in my case.
SS lines and Dot5.1 fluid?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 AM #30
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
SS lines and new fluid. I will check on what exactly it is, I just asked for oem fluid. Not planning on tracking the car.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 AM #31
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
SS lines and new fluid. I will check on what exactly it is, I just asked for oem fluid. Not planning on tracking the car.
I suppose it's moot but if you're doing it right, might as well spend the extra bucks on good fluid.

http://www.amazon.com/ATE-706302-Ori...ate+super+blue