Vicious49
Excelsior!

has been a member for 10 years
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I have a buddy who always bore matches. I use my .689 every time. Other people at the field use the stock .693. We all end up shooting people. It's whatever.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2010, 03:28 PM #23
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
you guys messing with me? Gotta be, right?
Nope.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:33 PM #24
soicymchaggis101

soicymchaggis101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
soicymchaggis101 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
why don't you just buy the 2 other PE backs?
soicymchaggis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM #25
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Then what is the point of having barrel kits than?
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 PM #26
soicymchaggis101

soicymchaggis101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
soicymchaggis101 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
Then what is the point of having barrel kits than?
more $$$$$ for the company .... don't get me wrong matching paint makes a difference, but if you are ramping the difference is smaller than if you are playing semi ... IMO
soicymchaggis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 AM #27
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I will say that I don't like shooting very small paint through a very large barrel - if nothing else, it is going to reduce efficiency. But I've achieved very good accuracy at times with a slight overbore. So a small selection of bore sizes - such as Planet's own SL kit or Shaft3 upgrade, a set of Dye UL barrel kits or a Redz Pepperstickz kit - should be fine; no real need for all nine Freak inserts for instance.

In terms of barrels, consistency is really down to ensuring that each ball accelerates down the same length of barrel. With an open bolt marker with decent detents, the ball cannot move down the barrel until it is fired, so consistency shouldn't really be effected by a less than perfect bore match. Closed bolt markers are where a full barrel kit can really be helpful, as once the bolt closes and pushes the ball passed the detents, you are relying on the fit of the barrel to prevent the ball moving down the bore before it is fired and effecting the velocity.

So, the biggest advantage to close bore matching will be seen with closed bolt markers.

Accuracy? Well, as I stated at the top, I have had good results, with good paint, with a slight overbore. However, if for whatever reason I find that the balls are picking up a spin (and there is no other apparent reason for it - uneven detents, poor paint, barrel defect, dirty barrel etc.) then I would then consider tightening up the fit in order to stop the ball being able to "spin up" in the barrel.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:01 AM #28
Justin BossPB
Boss Company

Justin BossPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicymchaggis101 View Post
why don't you just buy the 2 other PE backs?
I am thinking about doing that but I want to trade parts with my EGO 10 first. I hate having three different color parts on my gun so I am waiting to see what color my gun will turn out to buy the backs. Hopefully I can get these parts traded soon so I can go ahead and get it.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Justin BossPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 AM #29
impyslayer
Im Throwed

impyslayer is a founding member
impyslayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
impyslayer is for the Gunfight
ied buy the shaft 3 backs for my ego but they dont have the color to match the gun *cough eclipse cough*
its like they anno them different on purpose

but back on topic
for years i swore by bore matching my paint size, but now not so much now
i use the stock 693 back that came with my gun an it shoots fine
the differences in accuracy to me dont appear as clear as it might to others, maybe pump players or something
but as far as im concerned if im shooting a string of paint the slight inconsistencies that every gun has will effect the paint more than the bore size

watch a video of someone shooting a string or just notice it next time you shoot how the paint varies with drop off an the paint itself not being perfectly round
impyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 PM #30
xlsvuthefoo
I play for keeps

xlsvuthefoo is an NCPA player
xlsvuthefoo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
No, not really. Consistency may improve, so shot grouping may be tighter vertically.
^true. Getting the paint to match up with the bore will really just help consistency and a little better grouping (accuracy) because once the ball leaves the barrel, if its cheap paint, it's going to curve or do whatever it wants due to how unspherical and crappily it was made.

Luxe
xlsvuthefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:32 PM #31
Triholan

bore size for paint

I just tested a couple of different bore sizes for you. I have the Freak bore kit with the stiffi. I found that the paint fits and moves well through both the .687 and the .689, so it's up to you. I don't think you'll see a drastic difference in performance one way or the other.
Enjoy,
Triholan
Triholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 PM #32
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I shoot valken fate and redemption thru my .689 and it shoots well. I shot some redemption thru a .687 today and it shot just the same but efficiency seemed a touch better. I shot empire premium last weekend at a tourney with a .689 and it was extremely over bore and shot like death. But the valken seems to run between .687 and .689 pretty consistent.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 PM #33
USAFballer

USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
USAFballer supports Team VICIOUS
USAFballer plays in the APPA D5 division
I have shot all the different types of Valken from Infinity to Pro and only use my .689. Shoots straight as an arrow on my 11 and even my 06.
Dye R2

AVID Extreme Sports
USAFballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 AM #34
Sammo_Carp
MG 23

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Sammo_Carp owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sammo_Carp plays in the APPA D3 division
I use a .689 back rather than a .693 and one of the fields i go to all they have is valken and it shoots pretty accurately as much as the barrel is concerned. you can only do so much to control the accuracy, the quality of the paint is usually more of a concern to me.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM #35
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
evrytime I´m shooting valken here in Mex I´m boring at .684, no problem whatsoever....belive me its Valken not some cheap fake paint.

not been asked but GI I have bored "most of a case" of 2 cases of 3 star at .682 no problems
Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 AM #36
woodballr

woodballr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Valken paint sucks , the $55 a case redemption bounced down my concrete driveway. This was same batch I bought at MAPL tourney , maybe 4 out of 10 balls broke on the concrete from being dropped over head high and thrown hard against it. The paint was tested when I go home from tourney so it wasnt sitting around.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:06 AM #37
bushhog750

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodballr View Post
Valken paint sucks , the $55 a case redemption bounced down my concrete driveway. This was same batch I bought at MAPL tourney , maybe 4 out of 10 balls broke on the concrete from being dropped over head high and thrown hard against it. The paint was tested when I go home from tourney so it wasnt sitting around.
I have noticed this, but I have also noticed that it breaks easily when it's shot from the gun. I love valken paint as it shoots consistently case after case and flies straight every time. The bore is always dead on from what I have seen to. From .687-.689 and .689 seems to be just a touch of an overbore which works great out of my Ego's.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:19 AM #38
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodballr View Post
They do seem to have random bad batches from the reading ive done. I really disliked the infinity.

But the graffiti and crusade i shot broke very well on people and wood benches lol

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM #39
bushhog750

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
They do seem to have random bad batches from the reading ive done. I really disliked the infinity.

But the graffiti and crusade i shot broke very well on people and wood benches lol
Infinity is field grade paint. It's not gonna be good. I've never shot a field grade paint that broke consistently, flew straight ball after ball, and had a consistent bore..... I guess field paint is made like just throw a batch of that **** together as quick as possible who cares what it looks like or acts like. If they want good **** they can buy a better paint.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:43 PM #40
team pyro

I use a .688 Dye UL with minimal barrel breaks and a fairly accurate shot (depending on the type of Valken paint). You might even be able to go for a smaller bore depending, probably no lower than .685.
team pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 PM #41
Stangguy327
Bring the Pain

plays in the NXL
Stangguy327 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Stangguy327 plays in the APPA D4 division
I always size my paint. Use the tightest barrel that you can blow the paint through with your mouth without much strain. I have never used anything besides my .685 shaft 4 back. If I had one smaller I'm sure I would use it.

Better bore match will increase efficiency, and also tighten your shot spread up for sure. But a good match will never make up the difference for crap paint.
Stangguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 PM #42
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
Infinity is field grade paint. It's not gonna be good. I've never shot a field grade paint that broke consistently, flew straight ball after ball, and had a consistent bore..... I guess field paint is made like just throw a batch of that **** together as quick as possible who cares what it looks like or acts like. If they want good **** they can buy a better paint.
Yea but the guys in the shop tryed tellin me it shoots as good as crusade. Its deff does not lmfao

But i got my 681 tightstick in today, graffiti goes threw with just a bit of force. Seems like a sight underbore, excited to see how it shoots tomorrow and what i crono at

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote