PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM #1
jdlaxer

Looking to buy a new gun setup

I'd appreciate it if you read the whole post before commenting please. I know what I want and have a decent knowledge base already.

As of right now I have a Tippman 98 Custom. I like it because it is compact and durable. I bought it right before the new reactor trigger came out (1998?) I also have a tpx. (**** yeah.)

I tend to move. A lot. I run with very little weight. This is why I like my gun. Only problem is I don't stand a chance against someone with a good gun. They have distance and accuracy on me.

So I am looking to buy a gun that is compact and durable. (I tend to abuse my guns) I will buy an air tank, and I will buy a hopper separate if I need too. I will also most likely run an air line to a vest.

I don't like frills. I liked the extra handle on my 98' but any other plastic pieces or things for aesthetics I don't like.

I talked to a guy once who talked against flatline barrels. I was turned off of them. (I will buy barrels separate if necessary) He said that there is an adapter you can buy for the connection to a barrel. He said it gives the ball a little more space which allows it to move easier. I don't know the validity of this statement or what the adapter is called.

So, in summary. I am looking for a compact and durable marker and some advice on barrels and potentially what that adapter I am looking for. For the marker alone I am looking to buy one for 350 or under NEW. If I can find one used for cheaper, great, but overall with my gun and barrels I don't want to break 400.

Any comment and any advice will be highly appreciated. I will keep replying with my concerns or thanks. Thank you!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 AM #2
Cannoli

If u like the 98c I have a a5 that shoots 21bps it ripps everything is upgraded soup to nuts Iam. On a team and I use it against ego and dm11 and **** like that and I hold my own Iam actually selling it let me know if interested its unbelievable only reason Iam selling is I have 2 of them one was my dads but he don't play much anymore .... Pm me if interested or if u want suggestions.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannoli View Post
If u like the 98c I have a a5 that shoots 21bps it ripps everything is upgraded soup to nuts Iam. On a team and I use it against ego and dm11 and **** like that and I hold my own Iam actually selling it let me know if interested its unbelievable only reason Iam selling is I have 2 of them one was my dads but he don't play much anymore .... Pm me if interested or if u want suggestions.
You're full of ****, I reported you.

No gun will give distance or accuracy. Distance implies that they are shooting faster than you, it may be helped by the apex barrel, which allows you to adjust the spin to a backwards spin but your accuracy goes down the tube.
Accuracy also isn't going to change, you can get a smaller bore barrel(I use a CP 1 piece .682 bore, and love it)

If you have 350 I would grab an Invert mini. It will make your current set-up feel like a cinderblock. It is also going to be a lot faster, a lot less kick, less noise, yet still reliable.
It also has eyes which helps to prevent bolt chops.
Here is a place to look into the different colors or designs as well as read about the features: http://www.ansgear.com/Invert_Mini_P...Guns_s/405.htm

You can also look at reviews here: https://www.pbnation.com/reviews/prod...7/empire_mini/
And video reviews here: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....Wk_euiQg I24

Any questions you can ask these guys: https://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=423
Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 AM #4
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJohnson View Post
check my posts i have a invert mini
Reported, you can't try to sell a gun in here.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 PM #5
thehumanfob

thehumanfob has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thehumanfob has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if u want something with that price range either a mini or an axe. mini because i own one and its been good for me. durable and everything. but the axe now...i heard GREAT reviews on it. a step above the mini. i dont think u can get one for 350 for a NEW one but ive seen some ppl sell LNIB for around that price.
But like paper cut said 350..you can get a new mini for like 325 i think new ones are. gluck!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 PM #6
Kourouvacilis

Kourouvacilis plays in the APPA beginner division
i have a mini and its very good look for one used in good condition and you will love it if you have the extra money i would go with the axe it feels alot better
Old 06-09-2012, 03:07 PM #7
Jahdfather
Mini Master

Jahdfather is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jahdfather owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Jahdfather has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jahdfather has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I also have a mini and love it, though I recommend getting a used etek3 soon as the price plummets with the 4 out. I have the 4 and have always loved the PE poppit design. You will not find a more reliable gun, not even a tippmann, and you get a great barrel and unprecedented peace of mind with PE. That is my recommendation.

If you do set on a mini it is also great. I have a STORM invert mini an upped it completely, literally everything, but the only needed ups are a barrel and trigger. I have never chopped and have loved the marker. Fairly easy maintenance, but there is always a fear if you have an error in the reg it is a send away and pay the bill problem, no home fixes.
AGD Minimag
Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 AM #8
1dayteam120

1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
I would say an

Used geo
Etek 3
Axe
Used dm7

Any of those are good calls
Old 06-14-2012, 06:13 PM #9
AReynolds91
Shoot me.

AReynolds91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AReynolds91 is for the Gunfight
AReynolds91 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't think anyone read that the OP's gun is "abused". I would base your decision on the type of abuse, and the severity. Spending the money on a mid/high end gun like a Etek 3, or a used Dm, yadda yadda, youll be mad as F if it gets messed up. There not like Tippmanns, can't just go running it over with a truck and expect everything to be ok.

that's just my 2cents.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:57 PM #10
NorrisPaintball
Reborn into Pb again!

haha this is like the second time in 10 min i have to agree with reynolds. Its true he said his guns are abused, but op, just know when you buy an electric marker medium to high end, you want to not "abuse" them as much. You can control that...especially if you appreciate the value of what you bought it for.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM #11
Dude I want the LUXE

Dude I want the LUXE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude I want the LUXE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude I want the LUXE supports Team VICIOUS
Dude I want the LUXE supports Team VICIOUS
Yo, right now my set up is an invert mini w/ CP 2 piece .689 bore and the invert two hopper. Im looking to upgrade to something better but this would be great for you i think because it is compact and relatively cheap. If you do decide to get this set up whatever you do dont get the invert two hopper. It cracks way to easy and is a pain to take apart, get the valken vmax. i hope this will help you!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 AM #12
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Dont listen to the guys telling you to buy a used DM yada yada for that price. If you haven't ever worked with one, trying to figure out how to maintain one and get it dialed in could be a nightmare for you.

This is coming from someone who currently has a DM6 for sale, works perfect, very well maintained,dialed in at 270 and only losing a little color on the edge of the barrel not from rub just from age. The gun is perfect, shoots ropes, however, I would tell you to steer clear of it because it could be a handful to maintain for you.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM #13
Ledeo

Ledeo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AReynolds91 View Post
I don't think anyone read that the OP's gun is "abused". I would base your decision on the type of abuse, and the severity. Spending the money on a mid/high end gun like a Etek 3, or a used Dm, yadda yadda, youll be mad as F if it gets messed up. There not like Tippmanns, can't just go running it over with a truck and expect everything to be ok.

that's just my 2cents.
Even a tippy A-5 you can't (cause the cyclone is fragile compared to a norm feedneck) I agree if he abused his marker to heck. My mini is pretty abused and it still works. Nothing lubing and good old tlc can't fix.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM #14
dinwiddie90

Tippmanns are the toughest guns built. Hands down
Closed Thread