Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2011, 03:24 PM #22
xLumian

xLumian is playing at Living Legends V
xLumian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xLumian has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xLumian has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Do any of you know what colors can we expect on this thing?
xLumian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2011, 06:04 PM #23
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Right now, black!
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:13 PM #24
xLumian

If you guys get the dynasty colors from this ill be ALL over that
http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...tywhiteblu.htm

or maybe some elemental

=)

Is it possible to put Geo grips on this? And someone mentioned that their is vibration in the gun? Is that true? Thats what turned me away from the G4

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 10-16-2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Double post.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 AM #25
Uziel Gal

The Geo grips do not fit.

As for the vibration, there has to be some kind of feeling when the marker fires. No paintball marker 'recoils' in the way that a firearm does, but neither are they entirely dead. You have the ball being projected forwards, the expanding air pushing back as well as jetting forwards, you have the movements of the bolt - it all adds up to the fact that you are going to feel something when the marker fires.

A couple of us have described the feeling as a vibration, in order to separate the feeling from a jolt or 'kick' or whatever else you may call it. The reaction on firing is different to most markers, hence needing to find a different descriptive term. It feels somewhat like shooting the original Geos, without an ST kit installed.

I've not shot a G4, so unfortunately I cannot make a comparison with that.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:25 AM #26
gospeedgo1

how did you guys like the on/off compared to the regular POPS asa?
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 AM #27
deaton
aka Melonhead

deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeedgo1 View Post
how did you guys like the on/off compared to the regular POPS asa?
Good question.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:29 AM #28
Uziel Gal

Basically, they are both doing the same job - they're just doing it in different ways. It really just comes down to whether you prefer a pull on activation, followed by a button press to switch the air flow off, or whether you prefer turning a knob to turn air flow both on and off. Suffice to say that the Etha ASA works and works well.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 PM #29
xLumian

How loud is this thing compared to the Etek 3, someone earlier said that this thing is pretty loud
Old 10-16-2011, 12:40 PM #30
Uziel Gal

With reference to my earlier comment about the vibration on firing, on first testing the Etha, the consistency wasn't quite as good as I thought it could be, despite the old cheap paint I was using. So prior to using it again, I cleaned and regreased the reg and bolt kit. Not sure if the regrease may have dampened the vibration down a bit, but whatever the reason may be, I wasn't really aware of it afterwards, and the marker seems smoother than before.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:30 PM #31
deaton
aka Melonhead

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 PM #32
10-96

hah! a hundy bucks to go and 20 bucks for gas, imma gonna personally drive to ansgear ( or critical PB ) to get this baby when it goes on the shelf!!!!
10-96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:50 AM #33
Nicky T
Changing the game!

has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Nicky T plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLumian View Post
Do any of you know what colors can we expect on this thing?
Any colour you want - as long as it's Black!

SUBSCRIBE for FREE Content: Truternology YouTube Channel

Check out the OLFI 4K Camera and Accessories and enjoy FREE worldwide shipping!

https://www.patreon.com/truternology
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:32 PM #34
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
Anyone who has used one have experience with shooting at lower fps? Most reball fields require 220-240 fps, as well as some paint tournaments that are ran on smaller fields.

Also, does the Etha have anything similar to the GST donuts for shooting at lower velocities?
Haven't seen an answer to this, anyone?

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:34 PM #35
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I have neglected to write a review on here on the new Etha, but I will do more comprehensive analysis going forward, including a video that I am putting together this weekend, so stay tuned...you will see in that just how durable and reliable the Etha really is. It takes a SERIOUS licking!!

As for impressions, much has already been said, but my main thing to reiterate is that this IS NOT A GEO. IT IS NOT AN ETEK. IT IS NOT AN EGO. People need to stop comparing it to a GEO and asking if there are similar features like the GST kit. It is an ENTIRELY different platform. I dont mean to be rude here, because I no folks have not seen it really except for us testers, but you have to divorce your knowledge about other Eclipse platforms when discussing this gun.

A few other things to mention from the 2 Ethas I have been shooting over the past few weeks:

1. packaging - the gun comes in a very cool rec/sim looking case that is well put together but of course more cost effective than the snazzy zip cases of the EGO and GEO.

NOTE: Notice I say do not draw a distinction of "high end" guns, because I see this as actually a very high end gun for the price point. The materials, construction, attention to detail of the Etha is NO DIFFERENT in quality than any other gun they make, so the fact that they have found a way to put it together in a package at an entry level price is astonishing. This isnt like some other guns that I wont name where you have to stick tin foil on and solder cheap wires back together!! This is a QUALITY product. Does it have all the features, bells and whistles as the EGO or GEO? No. Will it shoot as well as those guns? No. Does it offer an exceptional platform for rec and scenario players that dont want to drop a grand on a paintball gun? ABSOLUTELY. Does it make an excellent back up for tournaments? YOU BET.

2. Composite frame - actually is pretty slick. very durable, very light. well balanced. very tough. i threw the gun about 20 feet onto jagged rocks as part of my test. it scuffed the frame a bit, but no breaks or any major issue and the gun worked flawlessly after the test.

3. Sound signature - this is a biggie for me as I love sneaking around in the woods. I tested decibel ranges for this vs the GEO2 and EGO11. It actually came in just about the same as the GEO2 and a bit below the EGO11. The big difference though in my guns was the signature...it sounds more like a "scratch-scratch" then a "pop-pop" which makes it more difficult to place the shot on the recieving end.

4. Grips - two words - ONE SCREW!!!! Freakin awesome. I actually think they are pretty comfortable. Most of my testing was in static tests and not game play (though I did do some and it was fine) but I might be able to see a situation where the plastic grips get a bit slippery....but thus far no issues.

5. Electronics - the interface is like all LED interfaces...less than user-friendly. As Vicious says, not a fan, but we are spoiled after all. For a new player, it is just fine, and the on/off switch and blinking LEDs are very cool and sleek...they make you look like you are going to a rave party!! LOL Also, more importantly, the construction of the battery wires, etc. is top notch and will hold up to non-technical hands abusing it over time. And the grips seal the electronics very well. Another test was leaving it in a heavy rainstorm, electronics-side up for 30 minutes. turned right back on no problems. no water damage.

Accuracy - excellent. nothing really more to say. it shoots darts.

Speed - it isnt as fast as an EGO or GEO, but it is certainly fast enough for new players to hold their own.

Misc - the inline macroline to the reg is great - similar to the POPS system. the look of the gun is slick and the weight is well balanced for quick and accurate shooting.

all in all an excellent package from an excellent company that refuses to stray from their bread and butter - an ULTRA reliable workhorse that is every bit as accurate as anything on the market. For new players or those who want inexpensive back ups, this is an excellent choice.

Keep an eye out for my vid later on to see it in action and being abused.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:40 PM #36
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Two other things i forgot to mention.

1. for those that have been around for a while, the internals will look eerily like another gun from the past. not saying it works the same, but very similar design that I found interesting from a company that started making improvements to the autococker. this one resembles the cocker's chief rival of the day...

2. effeciency - AWESOME. i was getting amazing numbers on mine. I may have even gotten better efficiency then on my EGO one or two times...
Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 PM #37
Asmoday
Demons Paintball

I'd like to see an efficiency video. 15bps psp, full fill and just shoot paint nonstop until you can no longer hit your target downrange.
Asmoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 AM #38
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
I'd like to see an efficiency video. 15bps psp, full fill and just shoot paint nonstop until you can no longer hit your target downrange.
Paypal me money for a case and I'll do it. Not sure about where you live, but paint doesn't grow on trees here.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:25 PM #39
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
If someone gives me an Etha I'll do it.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:34 PM #40
Asmoday
Demons Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
Paypal me money for a case and I'll do it. Not sure about where you live, but paint doesn't grow on trees here.
I quess that was well deserved.

However, my statement was meant for anyone who has one of these markers and would be willing to do so. Not you specifically. If I had one I would make the video myself. Unfortunately, I have to wait for PE to call me upon their arrival so they can ship my pre-orders to me.
Asmoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 AM #41
TooTallNiCo

My question is how does the Etha compare to the Axe? I shoot an Axe and I'm looking for another marker to compliment it, but if the Etha ends up being too similar I may just get something else.
TooTallNiCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 AM #42
Headshotted
Dear god, the rabbits!

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
onespring assisted spool valve? Somewhat reminiscent of an agd automag and the icd freestyle blowfoward. I'll have to ask iff any of the usafa paintball team has one for me to check it out.