Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 AM #1
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Thinking about getting custom/semi-custom jerseys? Look here!

So, I see threads about "I want custom jerseys, but don't know how/where to get them" come up from time to time, sometimes frequently, so I decided to make this thread. The following things should provide a little help for that. I didn't see one, but if there's already a thread, mods please feel free to close this.

Q: I want to get some custom jerseys for my team, but don't know where?

A:

The following is a list of sites that I have seen people recommend using to order jerseys, and/or have seen teams use them:

Animal Paintball (Example Page) - 7/0
Raza (Example Page) - 1/0
Style Supply (Some Examples Here) - 3/0
Eye2Eye (Sorry, no example page I see, but a local team here has used them in the past and they look great!) - 1/2
APX Gear (A couple examples shown) - 0/0
Xternal Sports (Example Page) - 0/0
Please note that some of these companies may run their jerseys big or small.
If you guys know some more sites, please post them up!

Q: I'm sponsored by x paintball. How do I get custom jerseys from them?

A:

You probably should talk to the go-to person for your sponsorship about that. He/She will know what your options are. I'm pretty sure some custom jersey companies will also do custom jerseys off of another manufacturer jersey format.

Q: My team and I want to get our logo heat pressed/screen printed onto a jersey/longsleeve. Where can we go to have that done?

A:

Your best bet would be to find someone locally that will do it. I've heard of it being done for around $20.

Q: My team and I want to get custom long sleeves. Where can we get that done?

A:

The following is a list of sites that offer that:

Custom Ink
Zazzle
Cafe Press
Uber Prints
If you guys know some more sites, please post them up!

Q: What's a good editing program to make jerseys on?

A:

Whatever you are comfortable with. There are many types of programs. Some companies more than likely have a software they prefer you use.
Some input on this from other people:
Quote:
A good prgram (though very high learning curve) is Inkscape. It's a freeware knockoff of Illustrator. You'll want that because it can save into Scalable Vector Formats (SVG), which is like a Jpeg, but it can be stretched out without losing quality.

Make sure all designs are created in SVG, and not just converted, or it wont work.
Quote:
As for software. I think most jersey companies will agree, that the artwork must be high resolution and sent in an original Source File, such as Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel Draw. I cant begin to tell you how many people spend hours/days on a simple design program to only realize it saves the images in non layered jpg or gif formats.

You see jpgs and gifs are flattened so nothing can be moved around or enlarged or shrank. Doing so would cause the image to get pixled / blurry. So your best bet would be to use Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel. Id highly suggest Corel Draw as it is the easiest to use, in comparison to Photoshop and Illustrator, if you are new to graphic design.

So, please tell me what you guys think of this thread, and whether or not you thought it was helpful. If you have some feedback for the sites or this thread, leave some!
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥

Last edited by iTzDoUgiE777 : 08-08-2011 at 02:09 PM.
iTzDoUgiE777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 PM #2
JohnSherman
Decade of ****posting

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzDoUgiE777 View Post
Q: My team and I want to get custom long sleeves. Where can we get that done?

A:

Unfortunately, I only know of one site right now. That would be Custom Ink. If you guys know some more sites, please post them up!
You can add Zazzle.com and Cafe Press to that list.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 PM #3
o5pr3y
I hate my Username

o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
A good prgram (though very high learning curve) is Inkscape. It's a freeware knockoff of Illustrator. You'll want that because it can save into Scalable Vector Formats (SVG), which is like a Jpeg, but it can be stretched out without losing quality.

Make sure all designs are created in SVG, and not just converted, or it wont work.

Animal Paintball is another company who does jerseys, I've heard of/seen great quality jerseys from them.

Last edited by o5pr3y : 04-10-2011 at 06:39 AM.
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:24 PM #4
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
You can add Zazzle.com and Cafe Press to that list.
Adding. Thank you
Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM #5
Animal Paintball
Animal Factory Team

Animal Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
AnimalPaintball has been in business since 1998.

DESIGN YOUR JERSEY ONLINE LIVE BEFORE YOU BUY!! Add Names, Numbers, Sponsor Logos, Team Name, Team Logo, et.... Go Crazy With It!!!

Here is the link to our DESIGNER STUDIO
http://animalcustoms.com/Animal_Cust...ignStudio/Home

AND..... Like us on FB to join in our Monthly FREE Jersey giveaways!

Thnx again and wear your jerseys in good health.
Mondo

Stalk us for Giveaways, Specials, Product Videos, Sponsor Searches and other cool stuff.
http://www.facebook.com/AnimalCustoms
http://twitter.com/AnimalCustoms
http://www.youtube.com/animalpaintball
http://www.myspace.com/mondo777

Last edited by Animal Paintball : 02-01-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Animal Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 AM #6
Animal Paintball
Animal Factory Team

Also a couple of quick notes:

Regarding having a logo heat pressed onto your jersey. Most local companies will offer silk screening which can be a bit pricey when doing small runs, especially if you are looking to have individual names and numbers added on the back of the jersey. Very few local companies will offer Heat Press Vinyl Transfers (although a quick call can determine for sure, without driving all over the city), because it is rather pricey and not a usual thing that is ordered by customers. I believe, we Animal Paintball and Raza both offer this service or something similar where we can switch out a whole panel of a jersey, with the new logo added onto it.

As for software. I think most jersey companies will agree, that the artwork must be high resolution and sent in an original Source File, such as Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel Draw. I cant begin to tell you how many people spend hours/days on a simple design program to only realize it saves the images in non layered jpg or gif formats.

You see jpgs and gifs are flattened so nothing can be moved around or enlarged or shrank. Doing so would cause the image to get pixled / blurry. So your best bet would be to use Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel. Id highly suggest Corel Draw as it is the easiest to use, in comparison to Photoshop and Illustrator, if you are new to graphic design.

Enjoy
Mondo

Stalk us for Giveaways, Specials, Product Videos, Sponsor Searches and other cool stuff.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:55 PM #7
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

My bad, I thought I had already added Animal. You guys are on the list now
Old 04-09-2011, 03:29 PM #8
Animal Paintball
Animal Factory Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzDoUgiE777 View Post
My bad, I thought I had already added Animal. You guys are on the list now
Much appreciated. Thnx

Old 04-13-2011, 12:33 PM #9
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

Sticky'd. Thanks eforce
Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 PM #10
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
I have had eye2eye do my teams jerseys 2 years in a row.
Last year they were AWESOME!!!!

This year.... nothing but a BAD experience... Screwed up our order the first time (LOGO) and didnt print the side mesh.... I had to pay to have them redone (did get a 50% discount but still id rather them do if right the first time...) The sides of the banners are UNFINISHED and fraying right out of the box and they were not printed on the correct fabric.
In the second order they were supposed to finish the edges of the banners and they DID NOT.... still fraying. You could tell they were cut by hand with scissors and had crooked edges... Also the seams in the jerseys were crooked and sloppy, parts were not sewn properly and bunched up, 3 of the jerseys had the neck material not sewn in properly and was not even attached.... I had to hand stitch them my self...

Bottom line.... Find someone else other than EYE2EYE.

Their graphics and fabric are decent and thier prices are affordable... but they can be hard to get a hold of, and quality is not consistent at all. This is my personal experience over the last 2 years.

Last edited by levesque45 : 04-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
levesque45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM #11
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

If we get enough feedback from sites I can try a feedback system like the one in the "Is this store legit" thread in the newbie forum.

If you have feedback for the sites, please post it up!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 PM #12
egoballas
Wolfpack

egoballas is a Paintball photographer
egoballas plays in the PSP
egoballas supports Team VICIOUS
egoballas is Boss
Dougie getting a sticky!? Nice.

As to this year, Mystic's jerseys were made by RAZA who I have to give a major to.

Also know that Vicious's 2011 Jerseys were made by Style Supply. I have one of their 2011 PSP Jerseys and they're GREAT so I gotta give another major to Style Supply.

As to other companies, I've never done any jersey business with them so I'm not too sure on their quality and what not.

Hope this helps.
egoballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 PM #13
paintballer14t
wasabi ll

paintballer14t owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
paintballer14t supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer14t is Legendary
paintballer14t supports Ninja Paintball
Animal did our 2011 Goshen Carnage jerseys with little to no flaws, we LOVED the company.

Their service was great, great people that were very easy to work with. They took the design we had in out head and pimped it out and made the jerseys muck better than what we expected.

A few positives: The neck collar is very soft and light, it wicks moisture very well. The inside of the jersey is extremely soft, and can easily replace a microfiber in a pinch. The jersey as a whole is extremely lightweight, yet durable.

Some negatives: Some of the stitching seems as if it were done a bit haphazardly, not a structural problem, but a bit of an eyesore at times. The padding on the jerseys is a little misplaced and thin, also not a problem with pads, but another nuisance.

We paid $90 per jersey for about fifteen jerseys. I'm satisfied and so is the team, but next season I think were going to try another company that doesn't skip the small stuff.

F/S/T:
. -
-
paintballer14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM #14
Animal Paintball
Animal Factory Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer14t View Post
Animal did our 2011 Goshen Carnage jerseys with little to no flaws, we LOVED the company.

Their service was great, great people that were very easy to work with. They took the design we had in out head and pimped it out and made the jerseys muck better than what we expected.

A few positives: The neck collar is very soft and light, it wicks moisture very well. The inside of the jersey is extremely soft, and can easily replace a microfiber in a pinch. The jersey as a whole is extremely lightweight, yet durable.

Some negatives: Some of the stitching seems as if it were done a bit haphazardly, not a structural problem, but a bit of an eyesore at times. The padding on the jerseys is a little misplaced and thin, also not a problem with pads, but another nuisance.

We paid $90 per jersey for about fifteen jerseys. I'm satisfied and so is the team, but next season I think were going to try another company that doesn't skip the small stuff.
Hello, thank you for your honest review. We have 7 seamstress' that put out approx 120 jerseys a day. They are paid by hour, not by piece to make sure they do a great quality job on each jersey. Not to say that they arent human and make a mistake and not do the 110% that they are expected to do on each and every job. But just incase they do slip up, we do offer a LIFETIME warranty against any manufacturer defects, just as ripping at the seems or sloppy stitching. If you like, at the end of the season or if you have a little break between practices, please send the jerseys back with a letter stating the issue and we will correct it ASAP (as well as find out which seamstress did the order, to have a speaking with).

Again, you can do this at the end of this week, season or in 10 years, we will honor your warranty.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me directly at info@animalpaintball.com (that goes strait to my desk/computer).

Thanks again for your patronage and wear them in good health.
Mondo

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 PM #15
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Paintball View Post
Hello, thank you for your honest review. We have 7 seamstress' that put out approx 120 jerseys a day. They are paid by hour, not by piece to make sure they do a great quality job on each jersey. Not to say that they arent human and make a mistake and not do the 110% that they are expected to do on each and every job. But just incase they do slip up, we do offer a LIFETIME warranty against any manufacturer defects, just as ripping at the seems or sloppy stitching. If you like, at the end of the season or if you have a little break between practices, please send the jerseys back with a letter stating the issue and we will correct it ASAP (as well as find out which seamstress did the order, to have a speaking with).

Again, you can do this at the end of this week, season or in 10 years, we will honor your warranty.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me directly at info@animalpaintball.com (that goes strait to my desk/computer).

Mondo
This is exactly why I chose Animal for my team's Jerseys and will continue to do so in the future. The work is quality and its backed by awesome customer service, really what more could you ask for?

-Josh
Old 04-28-2011, 04:35 PM #16
paintballer14t
wasabi ll

paintballer14t owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
paintballer14t supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer14t is Legendary
paintballer14t supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Paintball View Post

Mondo
The team and i truly appreciate you and your company standing behind your product, and by no stretch of the imagination do we dislike our jerseys, they are FANTASTIC pieces of equipment that we will keep throught our lifes, because without a doubt, they are going to last that long.

I commend your seamstresses for the enormus amount of quality work they do with such precision, considering only two of our jerseys had a minor error.

I also appreciate you bringing the warranty to our attention, it means a lot that a company will offer its services for a lifetime. We do have a tournament series coming up, and we will contact you as that concludes.

Thank you very much,
-Goshen Carnage

F/S/T:
. -
-
paintballer14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM #17
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

I did my best judgement on you guys' responses and added feedback in the OP. Let me know if you guys have anything else to add about any other sites.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:59 PM #18
Scorpion PT

I got all ready artof custom Jersey but i think, can i find a better art or stile
Scorpion PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:07 PM #19
seaweavle10

$$$

How much for a 10 man roster would it cost for the best padded best quality fully custom jerseys?
seaweavle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM #20
awsk77
Ridge BAK

awsk77 is playing at Living Legends VII
awsk77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thnx this really helped me!!
awsk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM #21
Pballer7<3's boblong
Yeah, I'm 13. Big whoop.

Pballer7<3's boblong is for the Gunfight