Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM #148
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSOC.PROFESSOR View Post
Lol...I don't know about noble...more of an act of desperation. I, for one, don't care for teams switching mid-game, unless a team volunteers to do so. The Polar Bears couldn't pull it together. We learn from the experience and move on. I, too, would have considered paying for another case of paint at whatever the price was, but being that the first case was so dimpled, I changed up my game play and went pump.

My pleasure.

Great video, Rodney! You and Eric did some awesome work out there! Anytime I heard a LAW go off, I instinctively moved off of the bunker I was in. I do enjoy that additional layer to scenario play and hope that more fields allow it.

Always great playing with or against Delta as well.

For the field...thank you for keeping this game going. I haven't attended this game in a while, but it is nice to always see it on the schedule. It is a great game to try out new Christmas toys and has enough objectives to keep an objective-minded player, like myself, always on the move.

Air was awesome! Loved the fills options at the Staging and the Oasis.

Paint, as I mentioned, was dimpled and winged all over the place, so I wasn't enthused about that, but tried to work with it. Everyone else seemed to have the same issue, so it didn't give anyone an unfair advantage.

Refs were around and came by when I yelled for them. I liked that they came around the staging area to inform us about briefings, lunch breaks, game restarts, and the prize giveaway/awards. Nice job.

Field wise, I would have preferred the whole field open, like in the past, so the lines could have been a little more fluid and maneuverable. I know that there will always be a choke point at the Crossroads, but, maybe with the whole field open, it would be less congested there. I did have a misunderstanding with Trooper over tapelines at the lake, but as an infrequent player to TopGun, I saw my error.

Speaking of Trooper of Hostile Takeover...TopGun field owners, he is a great promoter of your games and should be commended and recognized. Always a pleasure to play with or against you Jason.
Thanks Professor! Its always a pleasure to see you at a game. Always rather play with you than against you but, either way always good to catch up with you and BS.

It would have been great to open up the other side of the lake like we have in the past but, due to storm damage we couldn't do it. Most of the area on that side if the lake was destroyed and the netting we had there was destroyed as well. Hopefully we will be able to get that taken care of for the next game.

Sorry about the confusion by the lake. That should have been made clearer. Hope to see you on the field soon!
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 AM #149
eruffini
Black Phoenix Officer

eruffini owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
eruffini supports our troops
eruffini has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
eruffini supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by redic115 View Post
he drove all the way up from Alexandria to play this game and ended up doing more work than the real command staff did
I drive up from VA (Leesburg) as well to make it to games that my team plays. I know how it can be!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM #150
nickdude
well do ya punk?

nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
The Heroes were just a force of nature with those Laws!

Bunker Bustin was key, Lets the advance just steam ahead.
Also if the tank can't get there to clear the field then he is useless.

For those that chickened out, you missed out big time.

Being Blue I wasn't excited to walk all around the field to shoot you at your re-spawn, just ain't got time fo dat! When that happens it just detracts from the game.

Ready to do it all again next year

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
nickdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM #151
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

has been a member for 10 years
Rancid1845 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
I had a good time. There seemed to be even numbers on each team however every time I went to get paint or air there were a ton os Polar Bears sitting around in the parking lot doing nothing or talking.
Top Gun T3
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 PM #152
Mxg1072
Black Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Actually on second thought maybe I'm not going to be so kind.
Delta came out in the cold to support Jason and Hostile Takeover and their promotion of their home field, which is something he has done for many many many teams.
Steve you had a chance to come over at any point and introduce yourself and clear up any issue you have with us, yet you choose to come home and jump on your keyboard. Hell you had a stage and an audience to perform in front of and yet you came home to flap your fingers. Some of your guys came over and said hey and enjoyed the heat and we didn't send any of them back broken or pregnant so....
Any time you wish to air out it in person like a man our compound is always open. Anytime you feel like going king of the mountain with Delta send us your schedule and an invitation to mediarelations@deltapaintball.com and we will see if we can oblige you, otherwise Sedition at OXCC in March is the next major event and I'm sure Pete Murphy would welcome you to his side with open arms.
Nice meeting you Sunday. You guys were kind enough to let me warm up in your tent.

Sorry for all of the unpleasantries. Hopefully moving forward we can all get along. A friendly rivalry is one thing however this goes beyond good taste and reason.

I enjoyed the game even though I had a piercing earache due to the cold.

See everyone soon.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 AM #153
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdude View Post
The Heroes were just a force of nature with those Laws!

Bunker Bustin was key, Lets the advance just steam ahead.
Also if the tank can't get there to clear the field then he is useless.
:
THANKS NICK...
Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM #154
CarlJr

Sorry for not getting on here sooner to thank everyone but we were still thawing out and getting the field back to normal for the upcoming weekend.

Thank you to everyone that came out and faced the cold to make this a great game. As you know it takes a lot of effort to put on a game and have it come off sucessfully. I always want to make our Big Games fun and I feel I did that.

First I would like to thank all the players and teams that came out with the right attitudes for this game. Not once did the staff have to break up any arguments, due to the sportsmanship that was displayed on the field by everyone. It makes my job a lot easier when this happens and makes for a better day of paintball.

I would also like to say a big thank you to Jason from Hostile Takeover. He worked hard for us this event trying to get as many teams and players out as he can . Jason put an extra 0 on the end of your paycheck this week. (Jason does all this work for free as a home team volunteer, that is why it is funny)
As I said, on the stage, and throughout the day if anyone has any constructive thoughts on the game please email me at carljr@topgunpaintball.com. I have already received a few and will be answering them as soon as I can.

Now to address some points that were brought up after the game. I wish that the sides had worked out for a back and forth battle but it didn't. Some of the Polar Bears tried thier hardest to get some ground but just were not able to hold it.

Now to say the field did not do all they could is just wrong. I sent tank after tank out for the Polar Bear side but there were some expert law shooters on the other side that had every tanks number. Also we moved the reinsertion to try to get the Polar Bears back in the game but they just weren't able to.

Any thought that the game was engineered for the Polar bears to lose is just perposterous since my good friends from BigEvil Online played for the Polar Bears and the last people I would sacrifice would be them.

If you had any issues during the game where you were not having fun or heard someone say they didn't want to play anymore you should have said something during the day.

I may look a little scary because of my size and long beard but I am actually quite nice when you get to know me. I am sort of like a big dog that can't wag its tail.

No one should be attacking Jason, who had no control on how the game was played once it started. I am the person responsible that you should be talking to. Remember it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
Instead some people decided to retreat to their homes before voicing their opinions.

Once again Thank You everyone that came out and supported our game. Hope to see you at our next big game, The Alamo, on August 11th. Maybe I will actually be able to get out and play against you sooner.
CarlJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 PM #155
Wade3

Against my better judgment, I feel like I need to just come back to set the record straight about my complaints.

No one is discrediting K2riser's efforts to recruit and organize the game pre-event. He actually did a great job keeping this thread on top with updates and answers to people's questions.

The only thing I can and will continue to ding him, the field, and the blue teams for is that nothing was done to at least even up the sides, even after such an opportunity was readily available after the lunch break. With the first half of the game over, and given the obvious lack of progress to be had, every player on blue was in a position to do the sportsman-like thing to recognize the issue, empathize with their fellow players and make the game a little more even. Putting the blame on the teams in the parking lot isn't valid if you did little to give them a chance to play the game they paid to play.

There was no way that the red team was going to win regardless by lunch, and yet none of these players and teams seem to have even attempted to switch sides to at least salvage the game. I have heard privately here from some blue players on the established teams that they were disappointed that their leadership and fellow teammates didn't do the honorable thing. I have to believe that these players are afraid to come forward publicly to criticize their teams or fellow penguins, and that is even worse, especially when some of these teams claim to be ambassadors of the sport and all about "integrity" "fairness" and "sportsmanship." "Respect All, Fear None" sounds more like "Respect None, Fear Loss" now.

And this is also not to discredit the field for its attempts to even things up with extra tanks, etc., but it was all too little, too late. If the field didn't recognize that there was a real problem after the first 3 hours, and ask its sponsored teams to try and turn it around (again, there was no way the red team could have won at this point), then I stand by my assertion that not every reasonable measure was taken, and the criticism stands.

To those red teams who are piling on me in the interest of not looking like sore losers, I can't blame you, but we both know you didn't have that same attitude as you were being blasted at insertion. Matter of fact, some of you were the ones who everyone saw in the parking lot instead of being on the field. Just saying.

I do, however, commend you all for your good attitude after the fact, and I will endeavor to learn from it. Likewise, everyone who continued to stand and fight even though it was hopeless, you are the true MVPs of this game. Like I've said before, it doesn't take courage or character to kick someone weaker while they're down, but it takes courage and character to keep getting up.

Don't PM me anymore, and don't bother continuing to flame. I won't respond again.
Wade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM #156
k2riser
Trooper#7

I'm not going to argue with you anymore.
My only thought is while I'm pretty sure I know who you are....Why is there nothing in your Sig about who you play for? Who are you? Why does nobody on here really know for sure who you are? It seems like you go above and beyond to hide who you are while you complain about why it was everyone else's fault and not your own.
When the players on my side are in the parking lot, I always say to them, we can't win with you guys in the parking lot, let's get out there and play some paintball. The parking lot is for set up and for lunch, not game time.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM #157
GODZ_SHADOW
STAY HOSTILE!!!

GODZ_SHADOW owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
GODZ_SHADOW plays in the APPA D4 division
GODZ_SHADOW supports Ninja Paintball
GODZ_SHADOW supports Empire
wow its about time i leave a post even though i am really late. well my team and myself had a blast at this game. i would like to welcome Jim and James to the team. they played insanely awesome like usual. As far as teams we were told that penguins need people, so we went penguins side. and as far as red side alot of them were in the parking lot when i went to re-up on paint and air. i wasnt trying to worryabout that stuff because i come to play the game.

GEARBAG SALE
GODZ_SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 AM #158
JFBig Mac
Assassins Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil-AO View Post
I also did not see our tank as much or when I would have liked to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlJr View Post
Now to say the field did not do all they could is just wrong. I sent tank after tank out for the Polar Bear side but there were some expert law shooters on the other side that had every tanks number.
BigEvil - As your tank commander, all I can say is, I tried.

While I was not ready on the break as my crew was tardy in arrival hindering my setup, we did roll out as soon as we were able (probably ten minutes into the game). We met and took out the Blue tank upon entry into the field. Me moved up another 50 feet and was taken out by the great shots of the Blue LAWs. I immediately respawned and made it to the same spot. Tanks are great for gaining ground on the field, but need infantry support to flank the LAW guy who is trained on me.

After lunch I inserted 4 times in a row (as Carl stated) in the hopes to move the Bears off our insertion point and made it to the lake the first time, the dead hut the 2nd and 50feet in the 3rd & 4th. Again, awesome job by the LAW on blue side, but without some infantry to help, I become an easy target for a guy with a LAW.

I had lots fun anyway. Still made a few Penguins go clean themselves up. Many thanks to the Top Gun guys!!

Assassins Guild Captain
Buzzkill Commander https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3162965
JFBig Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM #159
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBig Mac View Post
BigEvil - As your tank commander, all I can say is, I tried.

While I was not ready on the break as my crew was tardy in arrival hindering my setup, we did roll out as soon as we were able (probably ten minutes into the game). We met and took out the Blue tank upon entry into the field. Me moved up another 50 feet and was taken out by the great shots of the Blue LAWs. I immediately respawned and made it to the same spot. Tanks are great for gaining ground on the field, but need infantry support to flank the LAW guy who is trained on me.

After lunch I inserted 4 times in a row (as Carl stated) in the hopes to move the Bears off our insertion point and made it to the lake the first time, the dead hut the 2nd and 50feet in the 3rd & 4th. Again, awesome job by the LAW on blue side, but without some infantry to help, I become an easy target for a guy with a LAW.

I had lots fun anyway. Still made a few Penguins go clean themselves up. Many thanks to the Top Gun guys!!
Thank you for being at all of our games!!! You have become a fixture that we enjoy and love to see on the field! We really appreciate you always doing your best on the field. I hope to see you at other games this year as well!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 AM #160
scuba1138
Black Phoenix Team Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3 View Post
Against my better judgment, I feel like I need to just come back to set the record straight about my complaints.

No one is discrediting K2riser's efforts to recruit and organize the game pre-event. He actually did a great job keeping this thread on top with updates and answers to people's questions.

The only thing I can and will continue to ding him, the field, and the blue teams for is that nothing was done to at least even up the sides, even after such an opportunity was readily available after the lunch break. With the first half of the game over, and given the obvious lack of progress to be had, every player on blue was in a position to do the sportsman-like thing to recognize the issue, empathize with their fellow players and make the game a little more even. Putting the blame on the teams in the parking lot isn't valid if you did little to give them a chance to play the game they paid to play.

There was no way that the red team was going to win regardless by lunch, and yet none of these players and teams seem to have even attempted to switch sides to at least salvage the game. I have heard privately here from some blue players on the established teams that they were disappointed that their leadership and fellow teammates didn't do the honorable thing. I have to believe that these players are afraid to come forward publicly to criticize their teams or fellow penguins, and that is even worse, especially when some of these teams claim to be ambassadors of the sport and all about "integrity" "fairness" and "sportsmanship." "Respect All, Fear None" sounds more like "Respect None, Fear Loss" now.

And this is also not to discredit the field for its attempts to even things up with extra tanks, etc., but it was all too little, too late. If the field didn't recognize that there was a real problem after the first 3 hours, and ask its sponsored teams to try and turn it around (again, there was no way the red team could have won at this point), then I stand by my assertion that not every reasonable measure was taken, and the criticism stands.

To those red teams who are piling on me in the interest of not looking like sore losers, I can't blame you, but we both know you didn't have that same attitude as you were being blasted at insertion. Matter of fact, some of you were the ones who everyone saw in the parking lot instead of being on the field. Just saying.

I do, however, commend you all for your good attitude after the fact, and I will endeavor to learn from it. Likewise, everyone who continued to stand and fight even though it was hopeless, you are the true MVPs of this game. Like I've said before, it doesn't take courage or character to kick someone weaker while they're down, but it takes courage and character to keep getting up.

Don't PM me anymore, and don't bother continuing to flame. I won't respond again.
Respect all, Fear None. That is our motto of integrity. As you lose and become sore losers due to a game, you attack our integrity and all that shows me is, You have none. I'm sorry for that.

09-Darkops 4 - 2010 Darkops6 MVT
2010 Picasso lake Pirates VS vikings MVT
Proudly sponsored by
scuba1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM #161
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Rancid1845 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology

Penguins won, who really gives 2 ****s. We all had a pretty good time....lets all grow up a little and leave it at that.
Top Gun T3
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM #162
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
/thread
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM #163
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
/thread

Yup, its just a game. Got whooped, but still had fun. After 23 years of this, it's still a good time win or loose.

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 PM #164
GODZ_SHADOW
STAY HOSTILE!!!

GODZ_SHADOW owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
GODZ_SHADOW plays in the APPA D4 division
GODZ_SHADOW supports Ninja Paintball
GODZ_SHADOW supports Empire
Battle Royal

GEARBAG SALE
GODZ_SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 PM #165
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3 View Post
Can someone tell me why there wasn't any effort to balance the teams at any point? I recall seeing multiple team names in the blue general's post here. Looks like Blue had multiple teams and red only had like 2, and i also saw a lot more walk-ons and rentals on blue. Why did the home teams pile on the blue team knowing it was so grossly uneven?

I personally had a horrible time, as did the group who came with me. We kept waiting for the field or K2riser to adjust what was obviously a lopsided competition. I can't recommend the game or field based on what I saw as the producers either not knowing or not caring about all of their customers' experience. I now have friends who won't play anymore because of their experience on Sunday.

And for the record, any commander who gloats about winning such an uneven game is not only a poor winner, he's a poor leader. FAs far as the blue command, they seemed too busy playing to lead or organize anything. They should never be given a command again.
If you wanted me on your team playa, all you had to do was whip out your check book!

Just saying, If i was my general, considering how his side had such a successful big game, i might brag a little bit too!

Thanks Top Gun, Jason, Top Gun Garden State Pump and everyone that played, had a blast! Dinner with the Big Evil Guys was great too!
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups