PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2001, 09:51 AM #1
TecRat

has been a member for 10 years
Talking Mayhem Price Drop!!!!

Well hello to all thanx for your support and business. Its Christmas time and seeing as how we have sold quite a few markers, we have decided to empty current invintory to help get us on the market even faster. We are DROPPING retale to $300.00 plus $20 shipping. If you are interested in a series 2 in ANY color we have available (which is currently all) please give us a ring at the shop @ (714) 998-7085 starting next monday. If you send us a Money order or Cashiers check, we can send out your marker the day we get it. But if you send us a check we have to wait for it to clear. =( sorry. But we thank you again for all of your help and kind words. Also we are about 3 weeks away from releasing our Electro Cocker conversion! We will install it for free if your interested and its available currently for the 99-2001 versions. The cost to you all is $450.00, but that includes a custom aluminum double trigger, pneumatic bolt, reg and kit. Not a bad deal! =) again if your interested let us know. If you are a shop owner We have even more good news. WE DIRECT MARKET now!!!!!! So you can go through us and get however many you like a a very nice price. But all of us regular joes can order from us directly as well! So please Spread the word, tell a friend, and i hope to be hearing from you all very soon. If you want to see the Prototype of the Electro Cocker, find me in Las Vegas this week and Next week. Drop me some mail and i will be happy to show it off. I will be in Vegas with family this week from wensday on. Then back monday till wed, when i leave again for the Pan Am Finals. Trust me this conversion is impressive, even Bud Orr Of WORR Games has given us a "nice coversion" remark on it, and may even look into more. SO, talk to you all very soon.

Thanx again,

Sean @ PGI

TecRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2001, 08:52 AM #2
BeeRRunneR
says : FSP !

you hqppen to have any more info on that cocker conversion handy ??
BeeRRunneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 08:33 AM #3
ren

Wow. I've never heard of a marker which could fire in both open and closed bolt modes. Very cool!
I personally swear by closed bolt.
And I know I've been in the pipelines, filling in time, but it's alright; you know where I've been. Anyway, enough floyd, did you guys at pgi or section 8 or whatever ever get that "bolt" conversion for the novas out?
take care.
ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 11:31 AM #4
ladyattitude

San Diego Cocker conversion Thursday

Next Thursday Jan. 10, 2002 PGI will be at the SplatFactory (www.splatfactory.com for directions) to show off the new PGI Cocker conversion. So if you are in the San Diego area you may want to go by and check it out.
-LA
ladyattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 04:42 PM #5
Scythe

A/C Conversion means...

I think the conversion Lady A was mentioning will be the new Electro-mod for the Autococker that she'll modelling on the cover of an upcoming issue (March, I think she said) of Paintball Magazine. I'm hoping that's what it is, since the SBS stuff is kinda neat, but I REALLY want a PGI Cocker!
Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 12:33 PM #6
ladyattitude

The Firestorm Electronic Conversion

Check this out for more information:

http://www.pgipaintguns.com/
Old 01-10-2002, 06:45 PM #7
dEATh

On the subject of plastic in paintguns.

I don't know what type of plastic Section 8 are using for their grip frames but I do know that there are plastics that are more durable and better suited than aluminum for building guns out of.

Most modern military firearms are built out of plastic materials, guns designed after 1960 and before 1990 often use aluminum to keep the weight down, plastic is used to make them lighter still.

I'd say the main reason most high end markers use aluminum in their markers is because most PPL mistrust plastic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Automag stock gripframes plastic? Anyone ever seen one that gave out?

What I'm going to miss on the Lunacy is trigger settings, one of the greatest attributes of the Angels is that the trigger can be setup to user preference. (one of it's worst is it's weight)

But then again, the Lunacy isn't out yet, so who knows... well, Tiny does.

//dEATh
Old 01-11-2002, 12:41 PM #8
Slick-Ntz

My normal 40 hr a week job has me working for a scale company. I get to go out and fix scales for people everywhere so we can make sure that everything people buy by weight is a true weight. In the scale industry they have made a leap from steel and aluminum to some new composites that are a lot stronger than steel or aluminum. The best test that I have seen so far on the composites was as follows.

They , the company I work for, took a scale made out of a piece of 3/8 inch thick plate aluminum and dropped a 1000lb weight on it. The scale rolled up in a nice V shape around the weight. They then took a plastic composite scale of the same thick ness and dropped the weight on it. It never failed!!! The weight actually appeared to bounce off of the scale. This is, in my mind, one of the most extreme tests I have ever seen. The aluminum was not able to hold up to the test but the plastic was.

Most people when they think of plastic think of the little cars or toys that they had when they were younger and how they would melt if they got left in the sun or would break if they got dropped. Todays plastics are completely different. With time anything can be improved and that is what is happening with the plastics that we see in guns today. I would bet that if you took the plastics used in most guns today and did a compression and shear test on them you would see that they are stronger than the same piece made out of aluminum. Not only are they stronger, but they are cheaper for the most part as well. This allow the manufacturer to produce a lighter stronger item for less money. This in turn gives us guns that we can buy for $100 of dollars less than we could if the same pieces were made out of aluminum. Do the composites sometimes look cheap? Yes. Do they sometimes fail? I am sure they do. I think the same can be said for the aluminum products as well though.

I have owned a mag with the stock grip frame on it and I never had a problem with the grip. I switched to a aluminum grip frame, I never had a problem with it either, but I did notice a change in weight on the gun. There is a trade off here and people just have to decide which they would rather have, because there is not that much difference between the materials used anymore.
Slick-Ntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 04:48 PM #9
ladyattitude

FIRESTORM Testing and Review

I am doing my review now. I had 3 additional people help me with testing. Being fairly friendly with PGI I always keep myself honest and outside experts were neccessary to assure that this was fair. I went to a ccoker tech a cocker owner and an Angel owner.
They all have converted or will soon.
The firestorm that I tested is an open bolt BUT this does fire from a closed postition. The distance is there. At 12+ shots per sec this thing slams. The back block does not move and the bolt still slides out for easy cleaning but I never broke a ball with my Ricochet. I tried it on HPA and CO2 both worked. HPA is better. This is a prototype of sorts. Much of the look will clean up.
The conversion starts at $400 with your cocker.
Forget your VL rev it won't keep up not the 12 and not the X.
I am impressed. This is the only Cocker Conversion that I have tried that actually works.

This not an electronic Frame it is an actual solution. It has yet to fail. But I will be taking it out again and pushing it harder to see how it does.

Look for a more detailed review in APG...
Old 01-15-2002, 03:26 PM #10
moto17

is it a Mayhem Version2? if so you will find the Manual here
www.airconcepts.com/mainframe/frames.html
moto17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:47 PM #11
moto17

You can get the foregrip from www.splatfactory.com and you should be able to get the Orings from them also.
moto17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 02:17 PM #12
MrRottenTreats

the v1s came in Spyder standard or cocker optional and the v2 comes with cocker threads standard
MrRottenTreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:34 AM #13
TheGreyMage

i heard tell of rumors that pgi will fix old novas, is there truth to this statement? cause i have two that i dont knwo what to do with. thanks for the info.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:41 AM #14
MrRottenTreats

I think they do rebuilds on novas or offer parts, orings and maybe other stuff
MrRottenTreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:18 PM #15
Stray Bullet

PGI Service

I contacted PGI and they don't offer service to the Novas or Darkstars.
Stray Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 10:50 PM #16
tribalornothing

Thumbs up mayhem paintball marker

selling a 1generation mayhem(red) need the money so ill sell cheap... has a very small leak but not a real problem, if i knew more about them then i would probloby know how to fix it. like i said will sell cheap so im telling you the lowest i will go is $120 shipped. i dont want trades i just want $$$s. just email me at noel@eryan.net if your interested.
tribalornothing is offline   Reply With Quote