Have no ToC and spread prizes thought out events 27 56.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM #1
grback
PBA stats

has been a member for 10 years
grback owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
CFOA prizes

Just wondering..... would you guys that play cfoa full time, like TOC prizes or would you like those prizes to be spread though out each event and not have a ToC.

let me explain a little thought behind ToC and prizes ,a few years back teams come to the cfoa and ask for more entry base and paint prizes ,as the teams were having to sell these item so that they could pay for the next cfoa event .With the ToC prizes, yes it keeps the teams that support the CFOA series playing for "something" year long , IMO one of the biggest prizes packes out there and continuing to get bigger !!!! The ToC rewards the teams that were loyal to the league all year with big prizes this stops a team from coming out of no where to win guns and goes home never to support local paintball or the cfoa again .

thanks jody sossaman with my other post lol

Please vote above in the upper box.. thanks

Last edited by BIGN : 01-12-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Brian can't spell
grback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 PM #2
wildspinx
T-MOB

wildspinx plays in the PSP
wildspinx plays in the MiLP
wildspinx helped look for balloons
wildspinx supports Team VICIOUS
wildspinx supports DLX Technology
I know east coast elite had an unlucky last game at toc (not getting into calls/politics), but it cost them making the cut and for a team that won so many events that is a hard loss. I voted for the spread out prizes. Anyone can have a bad day, but if you win several events and get some prizes from each one, then I know I for one would be much happier (just my $.02)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM #3
usedpaintballstuff

usedpaintballstuff plays in the PSP
usedpaintballstuff plays in the APPA D4 division
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I pick the one what gets the most teams to each event in the regular season...

TOC keeps a few teams playing...but I feel more prizes at each event could draw a few more pickup teams event to event...

Very tuff choice but I lean to more for season then TOC...but why not have a TOC anyways...just with lower prizes...maybe even have it like say...If your team comes to half the events you get to come TOC...make it a big battle royal...
2009 Regional 3-Man Champs
2008 World Cup Champs
usedpaintballstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:34 PM #4
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To ultimately have the TOC be a legitimate event, u still need a prize for TOC, or TOC becomes a joke.

So it would be all these teams wanting to play to smaller events, then not go to TOC because no prize?

I don't see how that works at all from a league perspective. I have been on league committees for other sports (some as, if not more expensive than paintball), and ultimately we had to get creative, as diluting the winnings doesn't do anyone any good.

Bottom line is we got creative in finding ways to raise money/increase the bottom line, to improve the prizes we gave, without increasing costs to the teams playing. The other benefit, was because we generated more interest through better and more diverse prizes, we attracted more teams/participation, which inherently increased revenue.

There must be ways for this to be done in paintball.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM #5
grback
PBA stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildspinx View Post
I know east coast elite had an unlucky last game at toc (not getting into calls/politics), but it cost them making the cut and for a team that won so many events that is a hard loss. I voted for the spread out prizes. Anyone can have a bad day, but if you win several events and get some prizes from each one, then I know I for one would be much happier (just my $.02)
ok Thomas i know its been awhile since you played cfoa , but ECE elite repectfully won 1900. in entry fees , 2160.00 in paint including the half off at world cup and paint at world cup !! 4060.00 and a small investment in enter fees ..

would love for justin, ryan, or anyone from ECE comment .
Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 PM #6
simple_condolences

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D5 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I voted for keeping things as is. I'm not a fan of teams coming from out of nowhere and winning prizes and then leaving. Just not fair to those teams who stick it out all season. The event prizes are plenty and the teams that disagree clearly haven't tried to sell all the gear they might win off and make as much money on it. Just not practical all the time.
NXL Referee 2015 -2015
NCPA Nationals 2015-
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM #7
wildspinx
T-MOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grback View Post
ok Thomas i know its been awhile since you played cfoa , but ECE elite repectfully won 1900. in entry fees , 2160.00 in paint including the half off at world cup and paint at world cup !! 4060.00 and a small investment in enter fees ..

would love for justin, ryan, or anyone from ECE comment .
I apologize I did not know about the world cup part. I merely knew a couple players on the team (trevor and jace) and was at toc only as I played with them in Georgia before I moved up here in June. I am not complaining at all, I would love the free entry and paint if you win first place. But was just thinking that for teams that are looking for possibly only the closer events say rock hill for instance, would possibly want prizes instead of the free entry due to they couldnt make the next event elsewhere. I look forward to the full season ahead and plan on playing as many events as my team can handle.

But I do know for my team we have discussed playing only the rock hill events and if we did well enough to make toc, we would not play the rest due to travel, but would play them if we had to if we did not place well enough. I think that is the point you are trying to get at ( I may be wrong), but that is where my team stands. Where as if each event had decent prizes to pull us to the next event for something to "take home" instead that we could use or resell to cover expenses, that could get us to travel.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the cfoa tournaments and the year ahead, I really am not trying to get on anyone's bad side and actually like to meet people and help out as much as possible. Not leave bad tastes in people's mouths which unfortunately seems is all I have been doing lately.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 PM #8
grback
PBA stats

[quote=wildspinx;77750923]I apologize I did not know about the world cup part. I merely knew a couple players on the team (trevor and jace) and was at toc only as I played with them in Georgia before I moved up here in June. I am not complaining at all, I would love the free entry and paint if you win first place. But was just thinking that for teams that are looking for possibly only the closer events say rock hill for instance, would possibly want prizes instead of the free entry due to they couldnt make the next event elsewhere. I look forward to the full season ahead and plan on playing as many events as my team can handle.

But I do know for my team we have discussed playing only the rock hill events and if we did well enough to make toc, we would not play the rest due to travel, but would play them if we had to if we did not place well enough. I think that is the point you are trying to get at ( I may be wrong), but that is where my team stands. Where as if each event had decent prizes to pull us to the next event for something to "take home" instead that we could use or resell to cover expenses, that could get us to travel.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the cfoa tournaments and the year ahead, I really am not trying to get on anyone's bad side and actually like to meet people and help out as much as possible. Not leave bad tastes in people's mouths which unfortunately seems is all I have been doing lately.[

You haven't made me mad ,i enjoy insightful conversations . I make these threads to try and make things better for the league and players . its all good
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 PM #9
usedpaintballstuff

I didnt say have no prizes for the TOC event...but you can scale them down and split the funds toward the season events...
2008 World Cup Champs
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 PM #10
Mason74

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedpaintballstuff View Post
I didnt say have no prizes for the TOC event...but you can scale them down and split the funds toward the season events...
If u were referring to my post, I meant from the standpoint of the options presented, one or the other.

There may be no need to scale it down. That is the point. The issue is how to drive more revenue to create prizes for each event, and that is where u have to get creative in fundraising, or even finding ways to generate diversified revenue streams at the events themselves.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM #11
usedpaintballstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason74 View Post
If u were referring to my post, I meant from the standpoint of the options presented, one or the other.

There may be no need to scale it down. That is the point. The issue is how to drive more revenue to create prizes for each event, and that is where u have to get creative in fundraising, or even finding ways to generate diversified revenue streams at the events themselves.
of course that is ideal....but its not that has been said for many years...
2008 World Cup Champs
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 PM #12
Mason74

Quote:
of course that is ideal....but its not that has been said for many years...
Then they need to bring in people that are passionate about business development, sales & marketing and do it. Sorry, but that's my background professionally so it's something I am passionate about.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 PM #13
patrickusaf08

patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
patrickusaf08 supports DLX Technology
I voted to spread them out since I work for the military and never get to play a hole season at all so gives something to hope to try to pay off the cost of playing events every now and then
patrickusaf08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 PM #14
Mason74

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickusaf08 View Post
I voted to spread them out since I work for the military and never get to play a hole season at all so gives something to hope to try to pay off the cost of playing events every now and then
Thanks for serving bro....
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 AM #15
golddiggersbeast
Ball Til I Fall

Quote:
but why not have a TOC anyways...just with lower prizes...maybe even have it like say...If your team comes to half the events you get to come TOC...make it a big battle royal...
Quote:
THIS
golddiggersbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM #16
wildspinx
T-MOB

used- I do like your thoughts on that. Even if it is just the same prizes for toc as it is for the rest of the events (smaller of course). It would still be an extra event for only the best teams to play against each other and see who comes out on top. And noone would be losing a huge prize if they have just one bad day.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM #17
trixR4kids.
she only had one hand

trixR4kids. supports Team VICIOUS
trixR4kids. plays in the APPA D5 division
trixR4kids. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickusaf08 View Post
same here.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM #18
ICE189
Border Patrol

ICE189 supports Team VICIOUS
ICE189 supports our troops
ICE189 plays in the APPA D4 division
ICE189 supports DLX Technology
Keep it the same is what I like. It makes you work harder for each event to get that next event fully paid for minus paint and or half paid for minus paint. The TOC should be for the teams that work hard the whole season at all tournaments in order to participate in the TOC itself. This year there should be more teams in each division with the teams moving up from D5, D4. I think keep it the same for this season and if things don't change then possibly bring it up for 2014 season. CFOA I feel as a whole is going to start getting bigger soon within the divisions. Most teams that quit this past season gave up because they were not practicing and it showed. They played 1 event and was pretty much saying they never had a chance to compete. With that mentality you won't anywhere it takes practice and learning different techniques to win as a whole
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his brothers" John 15:13
R.I.P. LCPL ROSA, ANGEL USMC
Border Patrol #17 CFOA 2011 D5 TOC Champs CFOA 2012 D4 Series Champs
R.I.P Carl Parker aka. Mr. Bishi Border Patrol #68 you'll truly be missed brother
ICE189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 PM #19
ICE189
Border Patrol

ICE189 supports Team VICIOUS
ICE189 supports our troops
ICE189 plays in the APPA D4 division
ICE189 supports DLX Technology
And I'm not going to go against my brothers but being in the military and this not playing the Season is bs, I've been in 7 years and on my B-Billet now over at SOI it's all about working with your fellow brothers at work IOT let you make the tournaments. I made all the tournaments this season minus 1 because I asked fellow instructors to cover for me while I played. And if you need to figure out how to play while in the military talk to me. But saying "I voted to spread them out since I work for the military and never get to play a hole season at all so gives something to hope to try to pay off the cost of playing events every now and then" is not a valid reason. Call me out if you want but that's not an excuse if there's other in the military members that can make the season.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his brothers" John 15:13
R.I.P. LCPL ROSA, ANGEL USMC
Border Patrol #17 CFOA 2011 D5 TOC Champs CFOA 2012 D4 Series Champs
R.I.P Carl Parker aka. Mr. Bishi Border Patrol #68 you'll truly be missed brother
ICE189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:18 PM #20
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
I agree with Ice and personally feel the only people that should be able to vote on this poll is the members of the teams that played in the TOC. They are the ones who showed commitment to the league. I'm sure there are other teams that are committed but didn't play well enough to get in but you know the guys at the TOC support and love the CFOA
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 PM #21
Wizard12341
Performance is Everything

Wizard12341 is a founding member
Wizard12341 supports Ninja Paintball
The TOC format also offers teams the chance to win the End of the Season prices even if they did not win the series with points. In the current format, if you are 6th or better in your division, you have a chance, at the TOC to win the large season ending prize package. I don't think the series points champ has won the TOC yet.

Without the prizes at the TOC, the TOC would likely not happen. The TOC event can not make any money for the CFOA. Too few teams, not enough paint sales, etc, but still has similar event costs. I believe the TOC event was designed as an event for the players. The format is great and fun. Double elimination, win and move on. But it the format can not be setup and run on a large enough scale to cover the projected costs.

If you take the prizes from the TOC and split them up over the events, the actual impact to the value of the prize package will only go up a small amount. Split up anything 8 ways and the pieces will be small. Currently, if you win a CFOA event, you get free entry to another event plus 5 cases of paint. Under the 2012 prize package, the entry fee included 6 cases of paint. Free entry and 11 total cases of paint is a pretty good prize for winning an event.

Something to think about.

Feedback Link-- POWERLYTE --
Planet Eclipse
Wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote