tater_salad (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 PM #2060
Gene Chizik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06

We've exchanged PMs during the time he's been gone.
Ahhh well then
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 PM #2061
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Our defense played better tonight. Teo with a nice pick near the end. I just want to get through this week and Wake so we can play a real team again.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM #2062
Gene Chizik

I imagine the same for Chizik and Jacobs now.

To tater
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM #2063
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Oregon? They haven't played, and the only time they will have a chance to play a team as physical as an Alabama, LSU, or Florida is in a BCS game. The SEC has proven they can more than well handle Oregon's speed, Oregon however has not shown they are able to prepare for the SEC's physicality.
On the topic of physicality:
I think Stanford is of decent physicality. Certainly comparable to scraping by Auburn like LSU did, or what Florida just showed us today against a team that is 3-2 in the sunbelt.

On the topic of Oregon vs. SEC:
This is a weak argument, I know, but whatever.
SEC vs. Oregon is an argument about the past. Two years ago, Auburn was tearing it up..... and now they suck. A year ago, Arkansas was good.... and now they suck as well. Colorado used to be good.... And now they suck. What I'm saying is this: things change every year in college football. This is a different team (viewed by some as the best Oregon team ever), and the SEC seems to be having a down year. As an Oregon fan, of course I'm going to think that Oregon could beat Bama now, since seeing Bama struggle against one decent and one very good offense. Before this week, as I've stated several times in these threads, I thought Bama could beat Oregon. My opinion has now changed to favor Oregon. If they played three times, maybe only two out of three.... but that's now my opinion, and I'm sticking with it as long as Oregon continues to do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
WTF are you talking about, again? Where did I say Harrington played in the B12? Let me help you.
They cover B12 games on FOX. Hence, their viewership is going to be mostly B12 fans. Listening to them blow smoke up Geno's and Klein's ***** all halftime show isn't what I call enjoyable.
My apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM #2064
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hubbs View Post
Word is Dooley will not be fired this week since the team still has a bowl game to play for.

The decision to fire him is made and if we win out the next two weeks he will be announced as fired after the Kentucky game.

If we were to lose to Vandy and bowl game is then out of the question he would be fired that subsequent Monday.

Everyone in program very much wants a bowl game for the new coach to come in and get to know the team.
Brent Hubbs is a big media guy in Knoxville and I don't think he would go on record saying this if he wasn't 100% sure. From that last sentence it sounds like we already have our new coach lined up.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 PM #2065
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Stanford is the only team that plays with physicality. SEC teams (with a few exceptions) bring it and have to face it every week.

It's not that I don't think Oregon is a good team. I just think that it's tougher to get through an SEC schedule and a 1 loss SEC team is more deserving than Oregon.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 PM #2066
the other one
Goldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Stanford is the only team that plays with physicality. SEC teams (with a few exceptions) bring it and have to face it every week.

It's not that I don't think Oregon is a good team. I just think that it's tougher to get through an SEC schedule and a 1 loss SEC team is more deserving than Oregon.
So.... Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.

I don't think Florida deserves it, after what they did against ULL. Georgia has won ONE game against a ranked opponent, at the time of play, and their schedule looks easier than Oregon's.

....so, you're basically saying Alabama. I can accept that opinion, although I disagree with it.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 PM #2067
tater_salad (Banned)

Hahaha

Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM #2068
FL07
On High Alert

So is joe gloating SO HARD yet? If not, he should be. Great win for A&M. Also if anyone wants to lol at me for saying bama was the best team, I am here to eat crow.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 AM #2069
casultytosociety
BlacMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
On the topic of physicality:
I think Stanford is of decent physicality. Certainly comparable to scraping by Auburn like LSU did, or what Florida just showed us today against a team that is 3-2 in the sunbelt.

On the topic of Oregon vs. SEC:
This is a weak argument, I know, but whatever.
SEC vs. Oregon is an argument about the past. Two years ago, Auburn was tearing it up..... and now they suck. A year ago, Arkansas was good.... and now they suck as well. Colorado used to be good.... And now they suck. What I'm saying is this: things change every year in college football. This is a different team (viewed by some as the best Oregon team ever), and the SEC seems to be having a down year. As an Oregon fan, of course I'm going to think that Oregon could beat Bama now, since seeing Bama struggle against one decent and one very good offense. Before this week, as I've stated several times in these threads, I thought Bama could beat Oregon. My opinion has now changed to favor Oregon. If they played three times, maybe only two out of three.... but that's now my opinion, and I'm sticking with it as long as Oregon continues to do well.

My apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying.
just because we ate dick against a ****ty team, doesn't mean we aren't full of rough mother****ers. everyone saw what we did to lsu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
So is joe gloating SO HARD yet? If not, he should be. Great win for A&M. Also if anyone wants to lol at me for saying bama was the best team, I am here to eat crow.
there is life outside pbn
Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 AM #2070
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Joe is out celebrating. He'll be here eventually.

Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain

Last edited by Fat_Joe : 11-11-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 AM #2071
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

He's posted a couple things on Facebook. It must feel good for his bandwagon team to finally be relevant.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 AM #2072
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
You cant be a bandwagon fan of a school that you go to. It college....not the NFL.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 AM #2073
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casultytosociety View Post
just because we ate dick against a ****ty team, doesn't mean we aren't full of rough mother****ers. everyone saw what we did to lsu.
Its so obvi you guys have mailed it in after losing to UGAy.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 AM #2074
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
You cant be a bandwagon fan of a school that you go to. It college....not the NFL.
Man, I love Texas, they're my favorite team!

Man, I love Auburn, I'm going to go there!

Man, I love Texas A&M, I'm going there instead!
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 AM #2075
the other one
Goldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casultytosociety View Post
I'm not saying that at all. I agree with you.... Bama is (in my mind) better than 98% of colleges out there. I still think Bama is better than ND. I still think Bama is big, fast, and really good. I just think that Oregon could beat them now, 2/3 times.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 AM #2076
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
the other one,

|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 AM #2077
imhungry (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Our defense played better tonight. Teo with a nice pick near the end. I just want to get through this week and Wake so we can play a real team again.
ND needs blow outs or other teams losing now. they looked good tonight and there was some definite bull**** (the fumble that was called not a fumble) but all in all i am pleased. i personally think they are more deserving then Kstate but at this point they need help to get to the championship game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
my friend was always a huge michigan fan. he went to OSU and he is still a huge michigan fan. if i applied to michigan and got in i would have gone there (would be dumb not to its a great school) and i would still bleed scarlet and grey.

in other news my prediction of a no SEC champion this year is pretty much correct! granted i said it would be USC and holy hell i was wrong there. TAMU looked great tonight. I will man up and eat crow since i said they would be a door mat this year.

Last edited by imhungry : 11-11-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 AM #2078
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post

ND needs blow outs or other teams losing now. they looked good tonight and there was some definite bull**** (the fumble that was called not a fumble) but all in all i am pleased. i personally think they are more deserving then Kstate but at this point they need help to get to the championship game
Hey fish tank ***, can I get like a pirahana and feed it dead birds and rats and ****?
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 AM #2079
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post

my friend was always a huge michigan fan. he went to OSU and he is still a huge michigan fan. if i applied to michigan and got in i would have gone there (would be dumb not to its a great school) and i would still bleed scarlet and grey.
It's just not how this team was built. Closest thing to a blowout we could have is if a couple things went our way tonight and we ended up winning 35-6 instead of 21-6. Whoever we face in bowl season I'm confident that our defense will keep us in the game throughout and give us a chance to win. K State would need to lose for ND to get a national title game spot though. Possibly Oregon too, because if 'Bama wins out they're getting in, and there's a coin flip of a difference between Oregon and ND and Oregon has the tougher game yet to play in Stanford.