Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 AM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
FL - Danger Zone @ Blue Angel Park Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Danger Zone @ Blue Angel Park. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Danger Zone @ Blue Angel Park listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 AM #2
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

has been a member for 10 years
pbjunkiee is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
o.O

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 AM #3
ZANO850

Few of my friends and I are starting to play,we need more players 3 and 4 people is only fun for so long we are welcoming anyone!!! The more the better PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR INFO
ZANO850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 AM #4
IceColdCricket
Silent But Deadly

IceColdCricket is an NCPA player
Good thread! bump. There are a lot of scattered players in the Pcola and no one can ever seem to get out at the same time. Can we get some current info on the blue angel park? Is the airball field still there? What are the current hours of operation? What are the playing fees? Maybe some current photos?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 PM #5
WDP Shooter
the franchise playa

WDP Shooter is playing at Living Legends VIII
im interested. I haven't seen much action since moving to the panhandle. Is it good there? Ive played hurlburt, and thats about it.
WDP Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 PM #6
ZANO850

http://www.naspensacola-mwr.com/corry/paintball.htm
Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 PM #7
ZANO850

Hey man what's going on just to give u a idea we are playing a little bit of everything trying to get our feet wet! We have being doing field ball at blue angel campground! However we are in the works of building our on woodsball course here in Pensacola! We almost have it set up where we no longer need air we can do that in house trying to have only paintballs as a expense!! I have four dedicated players splitting expenses with me! We are just looking for more people in general the more the better!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 PM #8
Matthew Fugett
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Matthew Fugett has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey guys I am playing a game here on Saturday if anyone is interested!
Matthew Fugett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM #9
nhoj_yelbom

i have been playing on sundays. new HPA compressor should be running by this w/e, no more 2k or less fills.
Empire Ball Bearing Trigger
A5-
Tech T Paddles, Aluminum Ratchet, Aluminum Piston, Tech T QEPH, Tech T ZKH, HE E Grip (custom software), Tech T Fang Trigger, Hammerhead Battle Stix Barrel, Dead On Power Tube, X7 Hopper
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 PM #10
Matthew Fugett
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Matthew Fugett has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, I am excited for the compressor they have been talking about it for a while its about time! I just got in a new 68/4500 HPA Tank so I hope they can actually fill it all the way up. I am playing with my brother and some friends on the 23rd so if you are interested we would love to have you come out and play! Pm or email me if you are interested!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 AM #11
PaintballerChris1988

To those that still play at this field I have a question have they taken out "BYOP"? And do they End Games at Dusk or Play longer?
PaintballerChris1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:38 PM #12
TheViperPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballerChris1988 View Post
To those that still play at this field I have a question have they taken out "BYOP"? And do they End Games at Dusk or Play longer?
They shut down at 3 and start at 9. They're gonna be putting an airball field in soon, too.
TheViperPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 AM #13
dnpb123

new to the area

Hey guys I'm sure its been discussed before but I recently moved from Pa to here and was wondering if they are still up and running. I tried some numbers online and they were all disconnected.
dnpb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:20 AM #14
Phishschticks
Jake From NorCal

Phishschticks has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Phishschticks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WORST field I have ever been to. NO SAFETY NETTING and they do not strongly enforce the rule of wearing goggles on the field and having barrel blocking devices in the staging area. In fact, I WAS TOLD BY THE STAFF MEMBERS TO STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO KEEP THEIR GOGGLES ON because THE CUSTOMERS "are adults and don't need to hear that."

VERY unsafe place and I would NOT recommend to anyone.

Look for South Alabama Paintball just outside of Mobile if you want a safe place. Have only played there one time, but it's worth the drive from Pensacola in my opinion.

Also check out North West Florida Paintball League on Facebook. The people there will echo my sentiments about DANGER Zone (very fitting name).

- Mitch Hedberg
Phishschticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:21 AM #15
Phishschticks
Jake From NorCal

And it's SOUTHERN Alabama Paintball, not South Alabama Paintball. My mistake.

- Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-31-2014, 11:04 AM #16
chriswat87
GET YOU SOME!

[quote=Phishschticks;80489018]WORST field I have ever been to. NO SAFETY NETTING and they do not strongly enforce the rule of wearing goggles on the field and having barrel blocking devices in the staging area. In fact, I WAS TOLD BY THE STAFF MEMBERS TO STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO KEEP THEIR GOGGLES ON because THE CUSTOMERS "are adults and don't need to hear that."

VERY unsafe place and I would NOT recommend to anyone.

Look for South Alabama Paintball just outside of Mobile if you want a safe place. Have only played there one time, but it's worth the drive from Pensacola in my opinion.

Also check out North West Florida Paintball League on Facebook. The people there will echo my sentiments about DANGER Zone (very fitting name).

Me and another budy of mine both very avid pballers went to this field yesterday and we played till 3 which is the shut down time and had a very indepth discussion with the two gentlemen that are operating this field and were quick to realize a lot of what has been going on is true. also this was my first time to this field. HOWEVER! The two guys we spoke with informed us they are very aware of the safety situation and they have done so much to turn the field around as best they can however this field is run and operated on a military budget. technically you aren't even allowed to play there unless you were military however they have opened it to the public by word of mouth. and from my understanding it was worse in past years. I'm sure you can understand and agree that with only two people operating a field it is extremely hard to monitor everybody and what they are doing at all times in either safety zones or on the playing field. so they have asked my friend and I if we could volunteer on the weekends to help out with things such as masks on at all times on the field and chrono. As far as safety netting goes yes that is a concern and I agree but once again they can only do what they can with the budget the military has giving them and from what they told us was hardly anything. So in the defense of the field they have been placed under new command recently and they are very aware of the current situation and are doing everything they can as we speak to get this place up to the safety standards and me and my buddy will be doing everything we can as well to help them do that. yes mobile is worth the drive but I truly believe that if we can help get this place in order no one from Pensacola will have to travel that far unless you just want a change of scenery. ultimately I had a great time out there and there was a very good group of people out there who on there own played as safe as possible with barrel cover/plugs and masks were on at all times throughout the day. hope this was of some more understanding for you and would encourage you to comeback at some time. From what it sounds like you also know what you are talking about so who knows mayb you should come out and volunteer as well and help get this place on the track it needs to be. The field has great potential and with a few dedicated people I think we can turn all these negative comments around. Good day to you sir.

Chris.
chriswat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:21 AM #17
Phishschticks
Jake From NorCal

Yes, I do know what I am talking about. My brother and I owned a field in Missouri for several years. We had groups as large as 50-60 and we NEVER had a single safety issue. Yes, there were times that someone took their goggles off. But we were not sitting in the shack reading books while people played. We were ON THE FIELD making sure that safety rules were enforced. We also had consequences (sitting out games, made to leave the field, etc.) for violations and subsequent repetition of the violations.

As far as being on a "military budget" that is not a valid point. If a field is unsafe, it should not be allowed to keep operating until those safety issues have been taken care of. The lack of safety netting alone is enough to get a field shut down. If ANY insurance company asked about safety netting and they said "we don't have any," they would NOT have insurance.

As far as me volunteering, I'm pretty sure that when they told me to STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO WEAR GOGGLES AND USE BARREL SLEEVES, they also declined my volunteer services. The ONE GAME that they had a ref on the field, there were 2-3 players that took off their goggles - RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. I told the players to keep their goggles on and when we got back to the staging area the ref came up to me and told me to stop telling people to keep their goggles on.

I will not go back to that field unless ALL of the safety issues have been resolved.

- Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-04-2014, 03:55 PM #18
chriswat87
GET YOU SOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishschticks View Post
Yes, I do know what I am talking about. My brother and I owned a field in Missouri for several years. We had groups as large as 50-60 and we NEVER had a single safety issue. Yes, there were times that someone took their goggles off. But we were not sitting in the shack reading books while people played. We were ON THE FIELD making sure that safety rules were enforced. We also had consequences (sitting out games, made to leave the field, etc.) for violations and subsequent repetition of the violations.

As far as being on a "military budget" that is not a valid point. If a field is unsafe, it should not be allowed to keep operating until those safety issues have been taken care of. The lack of safety netting alone is enough to get a field shut down. If ANY insurance company asked about safety netting and they said "we don't have any," they would NOT have insurance.

As far as me volunteering, I'm pretty sure that when they told me to STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO WEAR GOGGLES AND USE BARREL SLEEVES, they also declined my volunteer services. The ONE GAME that they had a ref on the field, there were 2-3 players that took off their goggles - RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. I told the players to keep their goggles on and when we got back to the staging area the ref came up to me and told me to stop telling people to keep their goggles on.

I will not go back to that field unless ALL of the safety issues have been resolved.
As I said before I WILL be volunteering to help in any way I can to make it a safer place as I noticed the same things you did. However having a budget to pay for things such as netting and so forth is more than valid. They are not purposely neglecting to place up netting so unless you have some laying around to give away that will be the very first thing to happen when the funds are available. As far as your insurance concern goes for keeping it open and what not it is military property and was never intended for civilian use. They have allowed civilian people to come here and play on your OWN freewill. Most people are grateful enough to simply appreciate the fact that it is a place to play at and it will be a working progress to get it where it needs to be and they are aware of what needs to be done and are taking steps in that direction. So unless you have any other concerns that you haven't repeated including that your so upset that you got yelled at which will probably happen to you a lot in life I see no reason for this convo to continue. Good Day to you Sir.
chriswat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:46 PM #19
MrJoson
TDM

MrJoson plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MrJoson owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Anyone??

Does anyone actually still play here ? Just got into Pensacola and Im itching to play!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 AM #20
MrJoson
TDM

MrJoson plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MrJoson owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
7/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoson View Post
Does anyone actually still play here ? Just got into Pensacola and Im itching to play!
I will be there tomorrow morning... As usual, I will be wearing my cams.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:03 AM #21
PsychoMag
BOB WHITE!!

PsychoMag owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
How was it? I havent played there. A lot of mixed reviews. I usually trek down to Gator Paintball around Hudson area.
PsychoMag is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups