PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-01-2004, 12:35 PM #1
zuberx6

This Autococker frame will be for Mags also

Just a little sneek peek of something in the works you should see pretty soon, I hope.

Excuse the length and quality of the Vid, all I have here is my digital camera and and a tiny memory card but I think it's makes the point.
this thread is getting alot of attention on the cocker board but now it is being said this has been used for a Mag and you won't believe it!
Anyway.....this is an all mechanical trigger frame bolted on a bone stock SS Autococker. It's adjustable to under 1mm of trigger pull length and under 1oz of trigger pull weight. It's been mechanicaly tested to be able to cycle the marker at ~25cps with the stock 3way being the only real limitation there. On a 'Karnivore' bodied 'Cocker, using one of my intregal and proprietary 4ways to cycle the ram, it's been over 35cps and there's room for little more than that.

Don't forget, this is a mechanical frame/marker. There are NO electronics used at all.

I'll try and get some better vids soon.

http://premium.uploadit.org/rrfirebl...-Bladed-3A.WMV

http://www.air-powered.com/index.php...1&t=21526&st=0

Whatch think?

This is now an official response to your questions direct from info@proteamproducts.com (where you can send email inquiries if you would like).

The autococker assisted trigger system you are all talking about is the result of developing Pro-Team Products' newly granted patent for an Assisted Trigger system.

This patent will publish on October 12th of this year (available for viewing: Please note that this patent is not yet published, so searching will not yeild any results until after 10/12/04.)

The concepts and ideas claimed in that patent are the result of earlier work done by Pro-Team Products; the patent was filed for in 2000, giving it the earliest date for such claims.

The patent was written to be as broad as possible (that's good patent work) and includes methods for achieving high rates of fire with pneumatic markers such as pneumatics, electronics, magnetics, electro-magnets and hybrids of all of those.

Again, this patent was originally applied for in 2000, which fact ought to lay to rest any question of copying, originality, 'legal issues' and etc.

Pro-Team is currently in the final development phases of a variety of versions of this concept; you've already seen the autococker version. Pretty soon video of the mag version and the blowback semi-auto version will be made available (and man, that thing rocks like you literally wouldn't believe!!!)

Our major problem with the system to date as been the lack of a feed system that can keep up with the upper rates of fire; unfortunately, in order to test and perfect the prototypes, we've had to 'dumb the system down' to the (now relatively slow) feed rates currently available.

Lest anyone question the claims in the patent in regards to other designs that they have seen or heard about, there are additional applications in the works, the detail of which is not and will not be made publicly available until they issue.

As to why it took so long for this patent to grant - who knows. We've seen far more complicated applications grant in 6 months, so go figure.

Pro-Team Products is currently negotiating agreements with several companies; interested parties are directed to contact Pro-Team directly.

Given the Pro-Team Product's history of leading the way with new technologies (internal barrel rifling, aftermarket bodies, pro-dot sites, and "more 4 star awards for quality than any other paintball company") it ought to come as no surprise that we're responsible for this thing - and for much more to come.

Steve

Pro-Team Products/Armson USA/Benchmark

Last edited by zuberx6 : 10-01-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2004, 01:51 PM #2
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
KartaKeeper supports Bob Gurnsey
first vid link doesnt work

glad to see atleast somone will be making a mag version regardless of who i hate to say. just hope it meets agd's high quality expectations.

estimated time that a finsihed mag proto etc wil be done? thers already somebody thats had a working model for some time now.
if you are currently having legal issues with said person i would hope to see it resolved in a freindly manor, however i do understand busines practice and wouldnt want to necesarily just give up the rights on a product like this either.

and on a lgiter note i like to see things like this and the q-vavled mag reviving the old mag vs cocker war

Old 10-01-2004, 01:51 PM #3
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
So No More hair trigger I guess?

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:33 PM #4
rrfireblade

http://premium.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/P-Bladed-3A.WMV

Is the correct link.

And Yes, there is a Mag version that's basically done and been so for quite a while.

Any other questions, read the previously posted threads.

My fingers are very tired from typing duplicate answers.

Jay.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:52 PM #5
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

one more question i looked for and couldnt find .
do you plan on having toher frame style as well other than 45* vert, y-grip
Old 10-01-2004, 08:58 PM #6
rrfireblade

"I" have plans,can't say if those plans will make it to the end though.

You will see a Vert framed proto of mine not to long from now.......as soon as I can get back to work on it.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:50 PM #7
siloseven

Whats the estamated cost? (msrp) or do you have one yet?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:56 PM #8
rrfireblade

Nope, that's not my call.

I should think under the cost of the Eblade,hopefully a fair bit under, especially for the Mag version as it's quite a bit simpler than the Cocker version.

Jay.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:24 AM #9
Zio7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Zio7 is a Supporting Member
ok, i really have an important question.
if i were to buy an intelliframe or logic vert frame v.1.1 for my mag, when this trigger frame is released, could i send in my own frame and get a discount? because this is what dw is planning on doing (I THINK) and considering lots of the people on here are going off of allowanc/babystting/birthday money, cost will be a major issue. like the eblade for example, what is the mech cocker: e cocker ratio at ur field. so far for me its been like 50,00000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1. and that was a kid from my youth group.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:49 AM #10
rrfireblade

Probably not. You'd probably do better selling your old frame privately and putting that towards the purchase of the new one anyway, IMO.

Jay.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:50 AM #11
Zio7

ok. if you want me to buy it, you need to have a vert mag frame. thats all im asking. keep the price down too.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:57 AM #12
rrfireblade

Sure, anything else?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:58 AM #13
Zio7

so you'll make a vert frame?
Old 10-02-2004, 09:19 AM #14
rrfireblade

I'd definately like too. I have a proto of one about ready to go as well, just can't say where in the grand scheme of things it will fit in. But it's in there somewhere.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:19 AM #15
Zio7

ok good.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:57 PM #16
curtis_belliveau

Any plans to release a system that incorperates eyes ?
Old 10-02-2004, 05:16 PM #17
rrfireblade

I'm not allowed to say.....
Old 10-02-2004, 05:19 PM #18
Zio7

oh well that kinda gives it away fireblade, pff "Im not allowed to say" kinda like if u ask someone if they like sum1 and their like maybe..
Old 10-02-2004, 05:57 PM #19
purewrath
W00t borg or isis?

wait doesnt this operate just like the hAir?
Old 10-02-2004, 05:59 PM #20
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Quote:
Originally posted by curtis_belliveau
Any plans to release a system that incorperates eyes ?
then it wouldnt be mech would it? kinda defeating the purpose..and lvlX is enough
btw they are working on a version for cockers it says

--pure, presumably similar although not exactly the same possible.

i know colins sued a custom 3-way this one might use a stock or diff custom desighn
Old 10-03-2004, 10:21 AM #21
Zio7

ok. well, based off of the cost of the parts, production, and profit, how much do you ESTIMATE this (mag version) will cost? this will not be held against you in any way, i am just very curious. also, you said it should be cheaper than an eblade- which eblade? the new or old one.