Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 PM #1
XtraBoy

has been a member for 10 years
Comprehensive Rock'n Trigger thread

Any Spyder board will work!

These quotes are opinions and facts. Im tired of seeing all these threads so im making a final one composing of everyones oppinion. If i dont have it and you would like to have it in here, pm me. Mature, thought out posts only.

Quote:
Originally posted by TzeentchianGod
NPPL Approved. Why do we have to have this argument every time?
Quote:
Originally posted by TzeentchianGod
Bad Company will be using the Rockin' Grip on their Spyders in the 2005 NPPL Season.
Quote:
Originally posted by idk120
how is it not tourny legal, the have been rocking grips made for cockers well before this on. The is only one trigger on the and that falls under being legal. You can have as many switches as you want. Don't go around giving out false information.
Quote:
Originally posted by XtraBoy
The rocking trigger is faster for some, slower for others... its all about timing... My brother and I SUCK on the triggers but we have friends that can just murder the thing

my shop has 3 of them for 229, send me like 240 and i'll get you one, comes with CAMD board
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt15
I've shot one of those at my shop they had it on a Imagine, man that thing ripped!! I think they were like $129.99. It kept up with my brothers Matrix and we both shoot like the same speed.
Quote:
Originally posted by E99_Curt
yes it is tourny legal.

anyways.... the only real advantage is more conistant pulls cuz you dont have to worry about lifting one finger to shoot w/ the other.

i dont like the design myself... but i would be curious to see a trigger that pivots on the bottom.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lurker27
how is it not tourny legal, the have been rocking grips made for cockers well before this on. The is only one trigger on the and that falls under being legal. You can have as many switches as you want. Don't go around giving out false information.

^^

And they were deemed illegal. NPPL is breaking with their history in deeming this legal, and it should eb illegal via their rules because it never necessitates a RELEASE OF FORCE.

It isn't my fault that the "current ruling" is wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by PS_front-player
this is Xtraboy. I see what your saying Lurker but I've emailed chuck hensch, president of NPPL, he sent it over to his rulebook man or whatever and they deemed it legal. They were used in 2004 Hunnington Beach NPPL. Only reason NPPL said they may ban them is just because they are so blistering fast. Go ahead email NPPL.
Quote:
Originally posted by raehl
For PSP events, not legal. If you take one end of the trigger and move it forward, back, and forward again, you'll get two shots. I'm skeptical as to whether it'd be legal in NPPL or any other tournament for that matter; it's basically two triggers.

- Chris
Price Discussion
Quote:
Originally posted by Damonwill
Scenario Dreams should have some next week. I'm just wait for the delivery
They should be in by now!! get yours and a t-board from secnario dreams! www.scenariodreams.com

Quote:
Originally posted by phatphil
no its not, its not even on kingman's site, the MSRP is over $200, obviously they wont sell for that much, OtterSC is sellin them on kingman.com forums for $160
Quote:
Originally posted by wickyman
senario dreams doesnt sell them, there is no price, but there are a couple sites that do, but they arent 120... Paintballgateway.com has them for, wait... not found on the site... nm! Bad linking. Paintball Ace has them for... $119.95 for just the frame if you read it! You can put everything from the stock esp frame into it... and its supposed to work.
I sacrificed 10 mins of my sleep to hurry up and do this real quick, i may reform it tomorrow but thats the brute of it. I looked thru many posts and what I thought was worthy and would contribute was quoted and put in here.

Last edited by XtraBoy : 02-02-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2005, 01:16 AM #2
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel

^^

And they were deemed illegal. NPPL is breaking with their history in deeming this legal, and it should eb illegal via their rules because it never necessitates a RELEASE OF FORCE.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:59 AM #3
bRoKeN 15

i dont see the big hype. wow its got a middle pivot. just learn to walk the normal spyder triggers. youll save alot of money and be alot faster on other guns.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:28 AM #4
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Bad Company will be using the Rockin' Grip on their Spyders in the 2005 NPPL Season.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:58 AM #5
PS_front-player

Quote:

^^

this is Xtraboy. I see what your saying Lurker but I've emailed chuck hensch, president of NPPL, he sent it over to his rulebook man or whatever and they deemed it legal. They were used in 2004 Hunnington Beach NPPL. Only reason NPPL said they may ban them is just because they are so blistering fast. Go ahead email NPPL.

Your post will be added later today, along w/ tzeechians
Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 AM #6
idk120
always thinking

w00t i got quoted
Old 02-02-2005, 12:16 PM #7
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
I emailed Camille Baker and they said it would most likely be deemed illegal.

Why do you think they end up being faster? It's BECAUSE THEY RESET YOUR FINGER WITH NONPASSIVE FORCE.

So, I now have an adjustable output tank, RT mag, and a Victory HALO (/looks in closet. Oh, I actually do!). First Noob I see using the rock'n grip is going to taste 34bps of runaway goodness. Because obviously actively returning the trigger is legal.

Enjoy your trigger frame.

(this ignores the precedent set 8 years ago)
Old 02-02-2005, 12:19 PM #8
XtraDude
Matrix Revolution

how is it legal, that trigger is so damn easy to walk. theres 2 trigger things so you keep hhitting it while you walk. i bet that bounces like hell. if any1 gets 1 for there spyder post a vid. i wanna see if it rips
Eastside Balla/Ice Cold Killa
Old 02-02-2005, 03:36 PM #9
XtraBoy

I'll see if i can snag the email. Doubt it..

But glad to see you finally emailed them. Even if it is illegal, noobs will still buy it which will stimulate spyders resale and profit for all of us.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:44 PM #10
idk120
always thinking

Quote:
So, I now have an adjustable output tank, RT mag, and a Victory HALO (/looks in closet. Oh, I actually do!). First Noob I see using the rock'n grip is going to taste 34bps of runaway goodness. Because obviously actively returning the trigger is legal.
you jsut may be the meanest mother ****er alive, lol. Just kidding
Old 02-02-2005, 03:45 PM #11
idk120
always thinking

HOld on, wouldn't magnets be illegal too then?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:46 PM #12
XtraDude
Matrix Revolution

no i think magnets are legal
Old 02-02-2005, 04:12 PM #13
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
magnets and springs are passive return mechaisms. fingers and air cylinders are active in that it is easy to create a condition in which return force is greater than activation force.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:13 PM #14
idk120
always thinking

oh ok, thanks
Old 02-02-2005, 09:55 PM #15
XtraDude
Matrix Revolution

i was right. omg, im a genius...lol j/k
Old 02-02-2005, 11:11 PM #16
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
For PSP events, not legal. If you take one end of the trigger and move it forward, back, and forward again, you'll get two shots. I'm skeptical as to whether it'd be legal in NPPL or any other tournament for that matter; it's basically two triggers.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 02-02-2005, 11:26 PM #17
XtraBoy

I understand where you guys are coming from, and I to wonder why it was not/is not illegal in the NPPL

Fact is fact though; My 2 friends, my brother and myself both witnessed these rockin triggers being used on cockers at hunnington beach, 2004 season. NPPL is usually pretty good at making rule changes notable, I have not come across anything that says anything yet.

I can vividly remeber a conversation between a spectator and one of the osiris guys at hunnington.

"Are these legal though? will NPPL alow them?"

"Actually, yea, we got 2 teams out there that are using them right now. They got spanked. But yea, they're legal for now. NPPL says they may change the rules though because they are so damn fast"
Old 02-02-2005, 11:49 PM #18
PS_front-player

.... u can shoot me later.. but i have to ask.... is reactive illeagel in NPPL??? cuz if its not then y would this be?? its pretty much the same concept.... and if it is illegal, then i can see were ur going with this thing...

.... oh and btw... u all r talking about having 2 switches be leagal, but 2 triggers not?? thats a bit confusing... i think.... what if u rigged up a way *kinda like the rocking trigger* for a regular tigger to hit 2 swithes.... would that be leagal then??? and what do u mean its 2 triggers... if it is... i wanna see u fire them both at once.... its kinda like a see saw, u cant get both sides to hit the ground at the same time..... unless u intend to break it
Old 02-03-2005, 11:00 AM #19
PS_front-player

.... also, if u look a regular tigger frame, and put a swith like.... up in the frame, by the top part of the trigger, and rigged it to hit both switches... woud that be leagal??
Old 02-24-2005, 11:57 PM #20
Foot

What about jumping the middle pin of the stock switch with the upper pin? I installed another switch in the grip between the low battery led and the charge port so I can shut the feature off if I want.

I'm getting clost to 20 bps with this thing.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:48 PM #21
hiimphilmore

have you people ever heard of f***in eyes