Old 07-19-2011, 11:01 PM #148
IMPERIAL-NATE

IMPERIAL-NATE plays in the PSP
IMPERIAL-NATE plays in the APPA D2 division
IMPERIAL-NATE supports Empire
IMPERIAL-NATE is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1792

Youre entitled to your opinion. But i got pulled for having my undershirt 3 inches below my pack right after the horn sounded. We got penalties in our match just like you guys did. The match is over so its whatever.
Right. I've been playing for 15 years and reffing for over 10. Never seen anything like this. I had a ref actually say to me "it's not his job to check players" Hugging a team after you just reffed them is uncalled for. Oh, and I hear a team in another division dropped out due to poor reffing. Do the math.
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM #149
IMPERIAL-NATE

IMPERIAL-NATE is All In
You got one minor that should have been a gross, so don't start to give me excuses. Shooting 325 is a gross and that's only cause I personally had his gun checked. One sided all the way.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 PM #150
X A N A T 0 S
Travis Dixon

X A N A T 0 S plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
X A N A T 0 S plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPERIAL-NATE View Post
Right. I've been playing for 15 years and reffing for over 10. Never seen anything like this. I had a ref actually say to me "it's not his job to check players" Hugging a team after you just reffed them is uncalled for. Oh, and I hear a team in another division dropped out due to poor reffing. Do the math.
Lol, read the rulebook mayne, it isn't his job to check players. You have yet to give an actual situation where something happened in our favor. An the penalty in question was a "gross" in which the player in question sat in the box for 5 min. Of gameplay.
Get rocked.

Like New Guns Sale! Custom Vanquishes! Rare G6rs, VX Clones, DARK EDITION Ego
X A N A T 0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM #151
IMPERIAL-NATE

IMPERIAL-NATE is All In
No it wasn't a gross. Gross is a swing point in that situation, so you read the rule book.

I had people I didn't even know coming over to our pit telling us all the b/s that was going on.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 PM #152
pbstar1792

Quote:
It isnt a refs job to check players, its the players job to get out. But its obvious that no one will ever change your opinion.
pbstar1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 PM #153
X A N A T 0 S
Travis Dixon

X A N A T 0 S plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
X A N A T 0 S plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
No it wasn't a gross. Gross is a swing point in that situation, so you read the rule book.

I had people I didn't even know coming over to our pit telling us all the b/s that was going on.
You also overlooked the few times people were caught swearing on your half of the field, no penalty was thrown, when a player passed through our pit side (2 times I might add) and no penalty was thrown, or the fact that in the USPA rulebook, it says the refs are not required to check players when asked by a player.

Like New Guns Sale! Custom Vanquishes! Rare G6rs, VX Clones, DARK EDITION Ego
X A N A T 0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 PM #154
IMPERIAL-NATE

IMPERIAL-NATE is All In
You're missing the point. They don't feel they have to check players, so they don't get on the inside and check players , then the players that are honest and ask for a check somewhere they can't see get penalized.

We even had a ref give us a penalty then apologize later and say he was wrong.

We ref a series and have no complaints and we ref way more games in a day them these guys.

Either way, I'm done talking about this and hope it's more even the next time.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:46 PM #155
a pro paintballer
Og GYPSI

a pro paintballer plays in the PSP
a pro paintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
a pro paintballer plays in the APPA D3 division
someone is real mad

D4X MSXL 2016 Series CHampion

D1 Pod KiNg

DD
a pro paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:48 PM #156
S P Y D E R

S P Y D E R supports Team VICIOUS
Sounds to me like a huge case of one individual struck with an ailment I call, "Sore-Loser". A whole bunch of blaming everyone for your mistakes and loss, other than the real culprit. A ref cant really 100% lose you a match, (in most cases) especially in old school ball where you always have a chance to take it back:
Old 07-20-2011, 01:52 PM #157
shmurgen
SMA New G #1

shmurgen is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
So I am completely impartial to the whole situation and I have close Friends on both sides of this argument actually. I have also been around paintball wayyyyyyyy longer than most of you so I tend to have a tiny bit of knowledge.

I can say from my experience, I won't play a tourney where the field has a team in it. The reffs can't be impartial, it's against human nature. All of you, any of you can say you ALWAYS reff a clean tourney and would NEVER give your friends breaks but I have seen the same kids do exactly what they say they would never do many many times. If I saw a reff walk off the field and hug a player ( and yes i heard this happened from many people on multiple sides of the story ) on the other team,especially if I think I got a abundance of unfair calls in a match, I can officially say I would walk over and chop him in the throat and never play there again. the only way to come out ontop of this type of situation is to make sure your team is that much better than the other team so you can play through it. If it's a even match, you are screwed.

The reality of the situation is that USPA needs to have reffs that ARE NOT associated with a particular field or team to make things legit. Will this happen ? Maybe someday.... Will I take heat for what I just said ? Most likely .... But it's a honest opinion from a outside party. I really think USPA is a good thing, I would hate to see it crap out becAuse of things that could have been fixed

Whatever it takes
Cru Vs. Everybody
shmurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:03 PM #158
pbstar1792

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmurgen View Post
So I am completely impartial to the whole situation and I have close Friends on both sides of this argument actually. I have also been around paintball wayyyyyyyy longer than most of you so I tend to have a tiny bit of knowledge.

I can say from my experience, I won't play a tourney where the field has a team in it. The reffs can't be impartial, it's against human nature. All of you, any of you can say you ALWAYS reff a clean tourney and would NEVER give your friends breaks but I have seen the same kids do exactly what they say they would never do many many times. If I saw a reff walk off the field and hug a player ( and yes i heard this happened from many people on multiple sides of the story ) on the other team,especially if I think I got a abundance of unfair calls in a match, I can officially say I would walk over and chop him in the throat and never play there again. the only way to come out ontop of this type of situation is to make sure your team is that much better than the other team so you can play through it. If it's a even match, you are screwed.

The reality of the situation is that USPA needs to have reffs that ARE NOT associated with a particular field or team to make things legit. Will this happen ? Maybe someday.... Will I take heat for what I just said ? Most likely .... But it's a honest opinion from a outside party. I really think USPA is a good thing, I would hate to see it crap out becAuse of things that could have been fixed
That was the first thing i had a problem with and i play for the home field. Dan youre so right. I really wish it was possible to have refs from the USPA and not the host field. Even if the refs are perfect and get every call right their will always be some doubt in players. If we {cru} dont have many penalties and the other team has a lot their is going to be frustration and skepticism. I would be the same exact way. I already pmd the guy that had a problem with the reffing and i can see where he is coming from, yet i totally dont agree with everything. But we are on good terms and we both recognize the problem.
pbstar1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 PM #159
shmurgen
SMA New G #1

"Dan youre so right"

Truer words have never been spoken by you lee ...

Whatever it takes
Cru Vs. Everybody
Old 07-20-2011, 08:24 PM #160
ugaar
Grand Rapids MI

ugaar plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ugaar plays in the APPA D2 division
Would anyone happen to know if the other sectional field's in the east must provide referee's also? or in that case, must the home field provide referee's on staff for the event?

When i glanced over the rules the one thing that stood out on this subject to me was that they're must be AT LEAST six judges (ref's) on the field during the course of the match. I did not notice anything pointing out that the USPA must provide these six ref's.
ugaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:57 PM #161
shmurgen
SMA New G #1

I like that there has to be a certain number of reffs ... But my point is

If the lions were in the super bowl, at ford field, reffed by friends / employees / associates, and they won, then one of the reffs walked over and hugged the lions

1. That reff would NEVER be allowed to reff a sport again
2. Anyone watching would be appalled
3. The game would Lose all legitimacy
4. The win would mean absolutely nothing.

Now you might say " well this isn't football, this is paintball " .... But I have spent wayyyyyyyy to many years of my life arguing that paintball is a legitimate sport to accept that argument. As have many of you I'm sure. That is my point in all this ... The game ... Even on the local levels ... Needs to be legitimate

When I beat a team, or win I tournament, I don't want that other team to be able to say " the reffs gave it to them ". I want them to know my team ran it down their throats because we were better.

See.... Legitimacy

Whatever it takes
Cru Vs. Everybody
Old 07-20-2011, 09:05 PM #162
ugaar
Grand Rapids MI

ugaar plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ugaar plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
I want them to know my team ran it down their throats because we were better.

See.... Legitimacy
. couldn't agree more.
ugaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 PM #163
team-titanium
steved

team-titanium plays in the PSP
team-titanium plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I like that there has to be a certain number of reffs ... But my point is

If the lions were in the super bowl, at ford field, reffed by friends / employees / associates, and they won, then one of the reffs walked over and hugged the lions

1. That reff would NEVER be allowed to reff a sport again
2. Anyone watching would be appalled
3. The game would Lose all legitimacy
4. The win would mean absolutely nothing.

Now you might say " well this isn't football, this is paintball " .... But I have spent wayyyyyyyy to many years of my life arguing that paintball is a legitimate sport to accept that argument. As have many of you I'm sure. That is my point in all this ... The game ... Even on the local levels ... Needs to be legitimate

When I beat a team, or win I tournament, I don't want that other team to be able to say " the reffs gave it to them ". I want them to know my team ran it down their throats because we were better.

See.... Legitimacy

Games over and done with, who cares...not this guy
Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 PM #164
pjerzy1

plays in the NXL
pjerzy1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pjerzy1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pjerzy1 is an NCPA player
pjerzy1 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
You're missing the point. They don't feel they have to check players, so they don't get on the inside and check players , then the players that are honest and ask for a check somewhere they can't see get penalized.

We even had a ref give us a penalty then apologize later and say he was wrong.

We ref a series and have no complaints and we ref way more games in a day them these guys.

Either way, I'm done talking about this and hope it's more even the next time.
i dont play at tpa because of the reffing. i think it sucks. refs there are lazy and do the exact same thing you are complaining about. every time ive played at cru the reffing good and high quality. more then i would say for tpa. plus your never going to agree with every call thats made on the field. just like all sports there is ALWAYS going to be someone who doesnt agree with it.