Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-18-2007, 04:41 PM #85
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
And yet you added so much more to the topic with this post....
Haha, Im assuming it will be closed soon anyway

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM #86
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBlack View Post
This is a stupid thread. It's commonly accepted that Jesus existed, its whether he was a god thats disputed.
Is it? Because I know alot more people that think jesus was just a myth, than people that think he existed at all. I would say your "commonly accepted" isnt so common after all.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 05-18-2007, 06:52 PM #87
Tippmann playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Is it? Because I know alot more people that think jesus was just a myth, than people that think he existed at all. I would say your "commonly accepted" isnt so common after all.
Some people dont think the Holocaust is real, but we know which is true

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM #88
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
Some people dont think the Holocaust is real, but we know which is true
there is photographic, and eye witness accounts to prove the holocaust happend. So, tell me, when was the last time you met someone who hung out with jesus, or perhaps got a 5x7 of him kicking back?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:18 PM #89
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Dude seriously, give it a rest. YOU don't believe He existed out of pure hate for anything and everything religion. Nothing else.

Other people are not as close minded. Whether He was in fact God's Son or not can be disputed by those w/out faith.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 05-18-2007, 07:18 PM #90
Tippmann playa

Quote:
there is photographic, and eye witness accounts to prove the holocaust happend. So, tell me, when was the last time you met someone who hung out with jesus, or perhaps got a 5x7 of him kicking back?
It was just an example. It is (for the most part) accepted as fact that he was a real human being

Old 05-18-2007, 09:03 PM #91
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seithman View Post
What exactly does that phrase mean to you?.
The Bible is a good source of moral teachings that if you base your life on the teachings you are doing better than most. The problem is, when people start putting their own spin on things and preaching it as a universal truth and law.

Quote:
As an aside, one of my own criticisms of religion in general is that it's become far too focused on morality (and worse, a "punishment/reward" model of enforcing it).
Yes, exactly. Life is full enough without pressures from some organization trying to monopolize your time and money.

Quote:
"Know Thyself."

Oh wait, you meant in the Judeo-Christian tradition, huh? (Hey, I felt a bit of levity was in order.)

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
It was kind of a trick question.

Jesus trumped all of the old commandments when he was being kicked out of the temple. People asked him which commandment was greatest of all. Jesus said, “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another.
Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another...(John 13:34-35)

Forget all the other archaic laws in Leviticus and Numbers and the other 10 commandments and just follow that one as best as you can, and this world would be a paradise.

Original Feedback
Old 05-18-2007, 10:06 PM #92
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Dude seriously, give it a rest. YOU don't believe He existed out of pure hate for anything and everything religion. Nothing else.

Other people are not as close minded. Whether He was in fact God's Son or not can be disputed by those w/out faith.
You think you know me so well kid, but you don't. I have always, from the time when I started haveing doubts about chrsitanity(when I was a christian) had doubt that jesus existed at all. Infact it is that doubt that helped push me away from religion, because the facts/evidence did not support the stance.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM #93
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
It was just an example. It is (for the most part) accepted as fact that he was a real human being
Again, I think it is not as accepted as you think. Infact if we go by the poll of this thread, about 1/3 of the people don't even think he existed at all.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:11 PM #94
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Again, I think it is not as accepted as you think. Infact if we go by the poll of this thread, about 1/3 of the people don't even think he existed at all.
Yes, because PbN is the place to go for rational thinking

wait for it

be patient, I have a lot of them to chose from

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
Old 05-18-2007, 10:13 PM #95
Tippmann playa

Quote:
When those people voted fake, i think they meant his miracles were fake. Notive several people have said this

Old 05-18-2007, 10:47 PM #96
*Blitzkreig*

I believe that Jesus was a prophet from God (not his son) and man has tainted his teachings. In the koran it states that "God has never begoten a son"

edit* i didnt vote in the poll because i dont know what 'real' or 'fake' is.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:02 PM #97
Chr0nic__Jacker518

Read my sig.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:41 AM #98
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Nope. I believe he started out with a message of peace, but when he saw how many followers he had he took it too far and started claiming divinity. I believe all of his miracles in the bible are stories made up of those who revered him that were false to begin with and got exaggerated even further.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM #99
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMage138 View Post
Crazy that a book written over 50 years ago by a science-fiction author that tells of aliens coming to earth and being imprisoned by Xenu and put into human bodies is followed by thousands. Oh did i mention that psychiatry is evil, some people have super powers, Xenu had spacecrafts that looked suprisingly like DC-8s, and several more rediculous claims. Pretty scary stuff huh?
Do you doubt that L. Ron Hubbard really existed? as for Magic we know that Pac was also real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPrideYo View Post
who in the hell can split a sea by waving his hands...its impossible in so many ways..
That would be Moses. Not Jesus, Moses was only able to do so because of his faith in God. If everyone could do it it really wouldn't have been that big of a deal would it.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 05-21-2007, 11:46 AM #100
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

plays in the NXL 2
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
That would be Moses. Not Jesus, Moses was only able to do so because of his faith in God. If everyone could do it it really wouldn't have been that big of a deal would it.
Proof? Hell, there is no evidence of moses outside of the bible. You see, you are taking fables literally when they should not be.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:52 AM #101
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

No Im saying that the person he was referring to was Moses not Jesus.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM #102
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
No Im saying that the person he was referring to was Moses not Jesus.
I was referring to the statement of fact you made about moses parting the red sea. Back it up with some facts please?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 PM #103
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego

Conclusively, we have provided what information there is of Jesus's exsistance. Obviously the Bible, but also some select seculiar author's text as well. The validity of the seculiar text are what should come into question. Because they are non-religion subscribers that wrote about a religous figure. Their entire theology and afterlife were not hinged on the exsistence of 1 man, so they are probably a little less bias than christians.

I guess that wether or not you believe is up to each of us just like any part of any religion, and the only people who really know are dead.

Original Feedback
Old 05-21-2007, 12:29 PM #104
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB&S View Post
Conclusively, we have provided what information there is of Jesus's exsistance. Obviously the Bible, but also some select seculiar author's text as well. The validity of the seculiar text are what should come into question. Because they are non-religion subscribers that wrote about a religous figure. Their entire theology and afterlife were not hinged on the exsistence of 1 man, so they are probably a little less bias than christians.

I guess that wether or not you believe is up to each of us just like any part of any religion, and the only people who really know are dead.
There were plenty of people that shared the same name as jesus in those days, of course jesus was not his actual name. There is no evidence or proof he performed miracles or that he was the son of some diety. There were many people of that time that claimed they too were the prodigy of some diety or another, and they had followers who swore they performed miracles too.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM #105
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
I was referring to the statement of fact you made about moses parting the red sea. Back it up with some facts please?
Lack of proof does not equal non-existent though. It's just unprovable. Now if you mean Moses was a figure in a story because of the Gilgamesh epic then you are jumping to conclusions. There could have been a Moses (if I didn't believe in the Biblical account) that did create a boat for animals.

CK member #04 (???)