PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 PM #1
Paintball_Mac
Eternus

CCM J12 to T2?

The team I'm on has a semi and pump team, and i want to be able to run in pump tournaments with them. Is the CCM J12 or T2 better all around? or what other pumps would be good? Thanks in advance!
Paintball_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 AM #2
clarkie070988
A traveling man

has been a member for 10 years
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is Legendary
a T2 is a good gun as for the J12 I couldnt tell you but they are on a waiting linst. and any pump is good witha ccm kit and parts

I <3 MY Wife & Daughter & Son
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/Geo Owners
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 AM #3
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
Ive heard very good things about both markers, but havent personally shot either. From what i know the J12 is newer and probably has a more refined platform, yet the t2 has been around for a while. The J12 has a closed bolt system, T2 is open. Personally if i had the money to get a CCM i would try to get on the list for a J12. I would just go for the one you like the look of more if money is not a problem and make it look however u want. However if ur on a budget u could pick up an Empire Sniper. I own this marker and it is well worth the price you pay for it, and is a great investment if ur not sure u want to go balls to the wall pump. I know i love pump know and will upgrade to ccm in the future! Just my 2cents, I know the more veteran pump forum guys will give u more/better info! Good Luck!
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 AM #4
clarkie070988
A traveling man

clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is Legendary
the empire sniper is a good gun but ccm or ccm'd guns are the way to go for a smoother stroke

I <3 MY Wife & Daughter & Son
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/Geo Owners
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:58 AM #5
honculada
Austere **** Poster

honculada is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
honculada is Immortal
honculada supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckBalla View Post
Ive heard very good things about both markers, but havent personally shot either. From what i know the J12 is newer and probably has a more refined platform, yet the t2 has been around for a while. The J12 has a closed bolt system, T2 is open. Personally if i had the money to get a CCM i would try to get on the list for a J12. I would just go for the one you like the look of more if money is not a problem and make it look however u want. However if ur on a budget u could pick up an Empire Sniper. I own this marker and it is well worth the price you pay for it, and is a great investment if ur not sure u want to go balls to the wall pump. I know i love pump know and will upgrade to ccm in the future! Just my 2cents, I know the more veteran pump forum guys will give u more/better info! Good Luck!
T2 is not an open bolt. All ccm are closed bolt system

Guys, please be nice to Canadians. They can't tell time because they believe in celsius.

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

It's not narcissism if it's also an inspiration.
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM #6
ncervantes

ncervantes is playing at Living Legends V
ncervantes plays in the APPA D5 division
ncervantes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My personal preference is a full body gun but it appears you prefer half blocked guns? If so, look into a 6.5. That is definitely my favorite half blocked CCM gun. No matter what you choose, all CCM's are amazing shooters.

TOTAL GREIF #68
XTREME PAINTBALL PARK
ncervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM #7
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by honculada View Post
T2 is not an open bolt. All ccm are closed bolt system
For clarification, the J12 is an ENCLOSED system, while the T2 is more open.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM #8
Ttrunk420
California Grown

plays in the NXL
Ttrunk420 plays in the APPA D3 division
6 - 8 hundred is a lot of money just to try something. Go with a wgp sniper off the bst, you can get a good marker for under $200.
Ttrunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM #9
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
They do maintain value on the used market very well.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM #10
Hoov661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttrunk420 View Post
6 - 8 hundred is a lot of money just to try something. Go with a wgp sniper off the bst, you can get a good marker for under $200.
I highly agree, I think pump is the most fun but a lot of semi players have a hard time transferring over to pump.....they just can't get over not being able to shoot 12 bps

I own 3 ccm markers including my T2 and I still think trunks right. Buy something like a basic sniper or a empire sniper to see if you like it before you buy the "luxe" of pumps

Last edited by Hoov661 : 01-31-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Hoov661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 PM #11
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
For clarification, the J12 is an ENCLOSED system, while the T2 is more open.
thanks, haha thats what i meant. I am by no means an expert
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 PM #12
Paintball_Mac
Eternus

Thanks for all the input! I have tries pump many times and I love the challenge. It's also a great way to conserve paint when money is tight. I'll definitely be looking into the 6.5 also. Thanks again!
Paintball_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 PM #13
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Personally, I would go with anything in the CCM line. Everyone has their own preferences for what they shoot. I prefer full bodies over the halfblock design.

Others have mentioned to go with an Empire Sniper, or a basic no frills sniper of some sort. All will work, but some will perform better in terms of feel.

Empire sniper is nice if you are getting into pump and don't want to break the bank. You can build a nice sniper with good parts for under $300 if you plan accordingly.

Best advice, find someone who has a pump marker, try it out and see if it's your thing. Even better if you are able to compare a CCM, Empire Sniper, etc,etc, in person and get a better feel for the game. Many love it, but there are some who have unreal expectations when playing pump.

Your mileage will vary.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM #14
super_stanchy
the man with no plan

Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
super_stanchy plays in the APPA D5 division
i love my J12 (serial #19)
she shoots AMAZING
very light, very quiet, very consistent

i've shot nothing but T2's for the last 3 years....
i love them to death, and i still have 1 T2 (sold my backup T2 when the J12 got here)

i love all the ccm's, you really cant go wrong

top to bottom, they are all great, the only ccm i'd maybe stay away from is the SS-25, its a great gun, but they tend to leak if they dont get assembled PERFECTLY

you can find s5, ss25, s6 all for about $350-400 used in the bst
you can get your j2l, s6.5, t2 for $450-650
then the j12 is still sold out, i paid $809 shipped for mine (2 color ano, the full upgrade kit, etc)
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM #15
CCM CHICK

CCM CHICK works for a Paintball manufacturer
CCM CHICK donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttrunk420 View Post
I agree 100% with this. Give pump a try before you spend a ton of money in it. That would be horrible to only come and find out pump isn’t your game.

A used gun either built up or one you build up yourself is a great starting point. Also check out the Empire Sniper. They are good guns that are very resonably priced.

If you have any questions and want to chat over options give me a call. I am more than happy to try and help.
1-877-412-6850

Mel @ CCM
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 PM #16
Hoov661

Buttt if you were to join the ccm owners club I would suggest the t2. It makes for an overall smaller gun. The j12 will always be longer like the MVP due to where the barrel screws in in conjunction with the trigger frame. You would have to rock a 12 inch to match the length of a 14 on a t2. For most small guys this won't matter but if you have broad shoulders like me or are a bigger guy, every inch counts.... I find myself getting tagged in the shoulder from the opposite side while I'm being pinched, quite often....the closer I can play to my bunker, the less likely this is to happen. T2 or sniper based pumps Ftw
Hoov661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM #17
super_stanchy
the man with no plan

Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
super_stanchy plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoov661 View Post
Buttt if you were to join the ccm owners club I would suggest the t2. It makes for an overall smaller gun. The j12 will always be longer like the MVP due to where the barrel screws in in conjunction with the trigger frame. You would have to rock a 12 inch to match the length of a 14 on a t2. For most small guys this won't matter but if you have broad shoulders like me or are a bigger guy, every inch counts.... I find myself getting tagged in the shoulder from the opposite side while I'm being pinched, quite often....the closer I can play to my bunker, the less likely this is to happen. T2 or sniper based pumps Ftw

uhhhh

thats a 6.5 under the j12

they are VERY similar

i feel like my j12 is shorter than my t2
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 PM #18
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Just a comment...

Personally I like building and tuning my own markers, basically I'm cheap but I do have a CCM Pump kit on my primary marker.
I like the look and quality of CCM's but how can you beat the customer service of Mel. She comes on here and suggests that maybe buy something other than CCM till you're sure you like Pump. That's confidence in the product and unbelievable Customer Service.

Can you imagine someone from KEE coming on here and suggesting that they move up to CCM from the Empire Sniper when they get more experienced?
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM #19
ncervantes

ncervantes is playing at Living Legends V
ncervantes plays in the APPA D5 division
ncervantes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I agree 100% with this. Give pump a try before you spend a ton of money in it. That would be horrible to only come and find out pump isn’t your game.

A used gun either built up or one you build up yourself is a great starting point. Also check out the Empire Sniper. They are good guns that are very resonably priced.

If you have any questions and want to chat over options give me a call. I am more than happy to try and help.
1-877-412-6850

Mel @ CCM
This is personally why I love CCM the most, their staff.

TOTAL GREIF #68
XTREME PAINTBALL PARK
ncervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM #20
wikkid

I've shot every pump marker on the market except the new j12 and s6.5... I'm about to buy a s6.5 myself. Currently I'm shooting a karni pump ccm'd and even though its great its not a t2 or s6.5.... I started with a kaos pump and moved up from there but if I would have knew how much fun pump was I'd just have bought a t2 or s6.5 a long time ago... If you buy a t2 or s6.5 you won't be disappointed just buy a used one and it will keep its value and you can always trade a t2 for a s6.5 or the other way around.... That's my advice to you if you have the money to invest 500-600$ into a gun then buy used and you won't lose any money and you will be able to get your money back out of it.
wikkid is offline   Reply With Quote