PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-04-2004, 10:23 PM #1
squirrels

The new guide to install a Tadao(Dynasty) board or vision kit

update: pictures added, sorry about the monstrous size, they got automatically resized when I opened them in windows. Also, it's gone from text oriented to picture with comment oriented instructions. Forgive me for some poor resolution pictures, the camera tends to lose focus when one gets within 2 feet of the object.

After seeing the same question posted over and over, I've grown tired of posting the same information multiple times, so I'm making a thread on it for those who need the information.

Remember that all shockers come vision ready, pre-drilled and everything, NO DRILLING IS REQUIRED and installation is easy as pie.

Remember, the Dynasty board is a Tadao board. Unlike other Tadao boards in the past, this one has been designed by specifications by team Dynasty, hence it's name. The board can be referred to as the 'Tadao' board or the 'Dynasty' board.

You can purchase the Tadao(Dynasty) board at Punishers PB(this is the link directly) and at From Dynasty's website

REMEMBER: THE TADAO(dynasty) BOARD DOES NOT INCLUDE THE VISION EYE.(if you need to install the eye) board only.

Here are the features(borrowed from Dynasty's site):
Drop in board, uses the stock upper board, connections and eye (no need for drilling)

Inverted micro switch for a smoother pull

Scans the trigger over 100,000 times per second

Unlimited rate of fire while the eyes are enabled

ABS (anti bolt stick) programing prevents first shot drop off

AMB (anti mechanical bounce) algorithms help eliminate mechanical bounce

Power efficient software lengthens battery life

Programming mode allows changes to debounce, dwell, and loader delay

All settings are stored in non-volatile memory so they are not lost when power is disconnected

One touch startup makes the marker ready to fire instantly, with the eyes on

Automatic 10 minute power down prevents accidental wasted batteries

Force shot function allows the marker to be fired when the eyes are enabled but no object in the breach is present

FAQ's

Will this work in any shocker?
It works in 2003 vision shockers or newer. Stock, Dynasty or any other private label shocker, it works in all of them.

OK! Now, if you bought a vision shocker -- the only thing you will have to replace is the bottom board(currently vision) because the eye has already come installed as part of the vision package

On the other hand if you purchased a non-vision shocker-- that means you do not already have the eye installed and you will need to install it yourself and you will need to do a bit of purchasing besides the Tadao board, while only 3 parts, you still need them and they are available from www.punisherspb.com (links to individual items will come a little later). You're going to need to get the Eye, the eye cover which is milled to fit the eye and the small screw which will hold the eye inplace against the body of the gun. Follow the instructions listed above to install the dynasty board, these instructions are to install the eye.

Here are the 3 items you'll need : The Vision eye , The new, silver eye cover and The screw to hold the eye

Alright, first you'll need a couple tools, the handy-dandy allen wrench set and a phillips-head screwdriver and possibly a set of very fine needle nose pliers.

Now, I've already removed a couple things, my regulator and my air setup.

There's a couple more things to take off, the barrel of course, unscrew your grips with the phillips head screwdriver and remove the battery.

Now that the battery is out of the frame and we've got some room to move, we're going to remove the wiring harness from the frame, it's pictured as the black wires going to the white connecter near the top of the bottom board. Forgive me for the poor resolution.

Note on this next step: if you are not installing the vision eye cable YOU WILL NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE FRAME. If you are installing the eye cable, follow all steps givin.
Next, we're going to remove the frame, to do this, you'll see 2 bolts on each end of the frame(pictured), unscrew them and set them aside, you can now slide the frame off, try not to be too rough, just in case.

Here is a picture to show the removed frame and the wiring harness still attached to the upper board.(notice my vision cable already installed -- blooper )

Here are the 'tools' you're going to need to remove the 2 board pins: the end of your phillips head screwdriver and a small allen wrench to punch out the pins(note: an awl or a punch or anything that will push the pins out will work).

Here is the 'tool' set on the top board pin(notice the second right below it), hold the tool of your choice in place and tap the pins out with the end of the handle of your driving tool

Here is the opposite side of the frame, notice the pins pushed out almost all the way, just pull them out with your fingers, they will come out very easily

Once your board pins are out, you can slide out your board, just slide out the bottom from it's notch, and pull the microswitch end back and out(notice i've flipped my switch and this is a stock vision board). Set your old board aside and save the board pins(NOTE:for this guide I am only using 1 board for the whole demonstration).

Here is the new board(Remember I'm using 1 board for the whole guide), notice the 2 holes in the microswitch, line them up with the holes in frame and push the board pins in, they(the pins) will not go in all the way if you just use your fingers

edit - corrected image link.
latest edit - clarifying instructions at top.

Last edited by squirrels : 11-09-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2004, 10:24 PM #2
squirrels

Here is the frame, notice how the pins aren't in all the way like I said? use the end of your screwdriver and tap them in all the way

Here's a picture of the frame with the new board installed and the battery reinstalled, remember -- do not reinstall your grips until the very end of this gudie. Once the battery and board are back in the frame, set it aside, you're not going to need it until the eye is installed.

Here are the 3 parts you have ordered from punishers or have received with your vision install kit: the retaining screw, the silver eye cover and the ribbon(NOTE: my ribbon is already all bent because I have uninstalled my vision for this guide)

First on the eye install, remove your vision-side detent(note: I've already had vision and the eye cover is already there)

Here is a closeup of what's behind the eye cover. You'll notice the large hole where the detent fits through, a very small hole to the left of the detent-hole, where the retaining screw will go and the 3rd hole which will lead down into the body, this is where the eye ribbon will fit through.

Ok, this is where it actually gets difficult: stick the silver contact end down the pre-drilled hole for the eye. Here is a pic of the underside of the body, you'll notice that the contact end of the ribbon gets caught on the inner wall of this pre-drilled hole, this is where your epic battle will ensue. To avoid an epic battle with the eye ribbon, you can use a pair of fine needle nose pliers to pull the ribbon through, do your best not to maul it too bad.

Here is a pic from the side, the contact end of the ribbon pulled all the way through and the eye pressed up against the body(note: the retaining screw is not yet installed).

Now we're looking towards the front of the gun, you'll see the little grey/brown box towards the front of the upper board, this is where the ribbon will plug in, notice the contacts facing away from the body!

Ok, now the ribbon is plugged in all the way, make sure your eye ribbon looks like this when you plug it in or else the eye may not work properly and the ribbon unplug itself.

Tighten up the retaining screw in it's pre-drilled hole(note: the size is .05', just like the trigger adjustment screws), this will make sure the eye is looking the right way and you don't get any false-positive reads.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...iningscrew.jpg

Now, just place your new silver eye cover in the milled area and tighten up the detent

Now, rebolt your frame to the gun. A couple precautions: when you put the frame on, reach in and grab the wiring harness and pull it through, this will make sure it does not get in the way of the power button and you do not break your power button. Once you have the frame bolted to the gun properly, plug your wiring harness back into the white connecter on the bottom board.

Now, just put your grips back on and turn that baby on and check your eye to see if it's working properly.

If you installed a vision board, it should boot right up in vision, pull the trigger once, it will allow a shot and try again, it should beep -- indicating that it doesn't read a ball, try passing your finger in front of the eye and pull the trigger again, if the solenoid clicks(or fires if it's aired up), your vision is working, if not: check your connector end of your eye and check the retaining screw and see that it's in all the way.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Tadao board( flipflops ) to give you instructions on how to check your eye, I will ask flipflops to write some instructions to check if it's working properly.

Party on.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:27 PM #3
ronin121 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
your a God! 1st post!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:00 PM #4
levib

levib is a Supporting Member
Nice instructions.

When taking pictures like that, it's best to hold the camera further away from the target (2+ feet) and zoom in, or just crop out the extra stuff around the edges.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:01 PM #5
squirrels

Yeah, I know it's better to hold the camera farther away(now), but I'm no photography king.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:13 PM #6
MATTPATT

MATTPATT is a Supporting Member
lol, but still nice, POSSIBLE STICKY>>......

~CdK~
Hu$tLa
Old 10-04-2004, 11:16 PM #7
squirrels

The original has been stickied, but i could not post all the pics in the first post because it went over the pic limit for a single post and there were posts there from before, so i have made this new one.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:40 AM #8
nasty-doughboy

nice instructions.quick ? for ya,do i need the silver eye cover for vision,mine is vision ready but eye cover is black
Old 10-05-2004, 10:05 AM #9
squirrels

Every shocker is vision ready, it's the same concept as having 1 type of bolt guide come in shockers from now on. Why stock 2 different types of shockers(vision milled and not), so they drill the eye and everything you'll need to install the eye(minus the bottom board programmed w/ vision). You will need the silver eye cover because it is milled out to fit the eye while the black eye cover is not.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:04 PM #10
nasty-doughboy

mine is milled out.thought maybe silver had more of a reflective surface to read paint better
Old 10-05-2004, 08:26 PM #11
squirrels

Remember guys, this is the new FAQ install guide because I couldn't post all the information in the old one(in the first post) that is currently stickied.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:19 PM #12
jtagger

great work , but if they would only be in stock some where it will be even better
Old 10-08-2004, 08:40 AM #13
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally posted by jtagger
great work , but if they would only be in stock some where it will be even better
From what i heard they will be arriving around the 13-15th of this month. Punishers talked to Tadao and thats when they expect to have them ready. If i were you id preorder one cause Punishers is selling out of the 2nd batch already. There were only 500 ordered on this batch from Dynasty. They will be distributed to all the stores that sell them !
Old 10-09-2004, 08:53 PM #14
gama

this might be a stupis question but o well. If i want to have a shocker with the dynasty board in it and eyes would it be better to buy a vision shocker and then just change the eyes or would it be better to just buy a non-vision put just an eye on it and then put the dynasty board in the shocker?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 AM #15
squirrels

You're better off getting a non-vision shocker for $700, the tadao(dynasty board) for $150(or 130 if somewhere still does) and the 3 parts listed in the install guide.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 PM #16
dyeballa22

non vision shockers are 600
Old 10-14-2004, 02:38 PM #17
blank879
listen to JOB

blank879 is a Supporting Member
is the base shocker capable of having vision. can i just buy these parts and board and have vision?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:44 PM #18
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally posted by blank879
is the base shocker capable of having vision. can i just buy these parts and board and have vision?
Yes all shcokers are vision ready. If you get a base all youll need to do is buy the vision upgrade kit or if you get the tadao you will need the eye strip and the eye screw.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:45 PM #19
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally posted by dyeballa22
non vision shockers are 600
They are $700 or $699 to be exact!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:43 PM #20
ghettoballer133
Queen City Killaz

^^^no they arent. They are 600$ for BLACK shockers. Im pretty sure you have to pay around 130$ more to get blue or red. I dont know how much it is for the new polished color though.
oldfeedback
Old 10-19-2004, 03:33 PM #21
miami_x_baller07

Quote:
Originally posted by ghettoballer133
^^^no they arent. They are 600$ for BLACK shockers. Im pretty sure you have to pay around 130$ more to get blue or red. I dont know how much it is for the new polished color though.
Ok well if you can get them for 600 then ill take 100 of them! Show me where!