PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2012, 10:11 AM #22
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
They won't because they can't, you just have to take it on faith. Why god, with his infinite wisdom, told people to write about all that crap without one ounce of physically useful knowledge bewilders me. The mathematics was certainly advanced enough to understand an inverse square law like gravity but yet nothing close to that crops up. Perhaps Christianity is wrong and we should be Hindus as they seemed to be way ahead of the pack with scientific understanding.
Well you would actually have to go further back than Hinduism to the Indo European "Aryans" as they are called in Hindu scripture since it is they who actually "learned" this stuff and passed it on by oral tradition. If you want to give credit where credit is due.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM #23
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Well you would actually have to go further back than Hinduism to the Indo European "Aryans" as they are called in Hindu scripture since it is they who actually "learned" this stuff and passed it on by oral tradition. If you want to give credit where credit is due.
Sure.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:18 AM #24
Iamamartianchurch

Well at least there was nothing telling anyone to write anything down.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM #25
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Well at least there was nothing telling anyone to write anything down.
I'm just confused as to why god didn't send his son down to be with the most advanced natural philosophers.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM #26
Eric the Fish

Quote:
Eh?
He was a historian and a economist. His contention was that the dark ages were caused by the rapid rise of Islam in the mediteranian in the 7th century. The muslim controll of the Med strangled trade and brought down advancement of civilization. http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/per...-mohammed.html
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 AM #27
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Fish View Post
He was a historian and a economist. His contention was that the dark ages were caused by the rapid rise of Islam in the mediteranian in the 7th century. The muslim controll of the Med strangled trade and brought down advancement of civilization. http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/per...-mohammed.html
Oh, there's anough blame to go around for everyone with regard to the Dark Ages. In my opinion, the Christians take the lion's share of that blame.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:25 PM #28
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
I'm just confused as to why god didn't send his son down to be with the most advanced natural philosophers.
Or why he didn't seem to care about the more civilized parts of the world. Seems like it would make more sense to drop presence in Asia, where there was a fruition of mathematics knowledge, cultural advancement and complexity, as well as a much higher literacy rate and a denser population. But no, instead, he chose random desert people in the middle of a very barbaric transformation of culture with infantile understanding of the world.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM #29
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Fish View Post
I have no clue about that, I'll have to read up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Or why he didn't seem to care about the more civilized parts of the world. Seems like it would make more sense to drop presence in Asia, where there was a fruition of mathematics knowledge, cultural advancement and complexity, as well as a much higher literacy rate and a denser population. But no, instead, he chose random desert people in the middle of a very barbaric transformation of culture with infantile understanding of the world.
Really he could have chose a few better places.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 AM #30
eninn (Banned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi86BkDeRF4
eninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 PM #31
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
I noticed that neither Abstract nor Eninn has answered Five's and Umami's questions.
I'm not going to answer stupid questions.
The Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 PM #32
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Quote:

"For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth)." [Qur'an 16:36]

You guys don't know anything about Islam. It sucks having shallow debates with you.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:40 PM #33
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Abstract View Post
I'm not going to answer stupid questions.
Or are they stupid because you have no answer?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:31 PM #34
Treghc

Quote:

"For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth)." [Qur'an 16:36]
... Really? So the fact that Islam was never heard of until nomadic people of the area that was already predominantly Islam means that these people were given Islam and they just... never mentioned it to anyone? Or wrote it down? Or... well... what's your point here?

It's blatantly obvious Islam, just like Christianity and Judaism before it, was started at a centralized point of origin and later spread to other areas; a natural progression of cultural exchange and human movement. It's rather apparent the stories of these religions focus in very specific areas, none of which are in Eastern cultures... Perhaps this is because these Eastern cultures weren't known of at the time? No. That doesn't make as much sense as everyone being given a messenger and entire populaces going through the effort to erase any trace of these prophetic beings performing miracles to show their lineage to God...

Quote:
You guys don't know anything about Islam. It sucks having shallow debates with you.
I'll just ignore this. I feel like you're not even talking on subject here.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 PM #35
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
Or are they stupid because you have no answer?
They are asking me to predict the orbit of some random comet in the Qur'an. That's a stupid question.

Quote:
... Really? So the fact that Islam was never heard of until nomadic people of the area that was already predominantly Islam means that these people were given Islam and they just... never mentioned it to anyone? Or wrote it down? Or... well... what's your point here?

It's blatantly obvious Islam, just like Christianity and Judaism before it, was started at a centralized point of origin and later spread to other areas; a natural progression of cultural exchange and human movement. It's rather apparent the stories of these religions focus in very specific areas, none of which are in Eastern cultures... Perhaps this is because these Eastern cultures weren't known of at the time? No. That doesn't make as much sense as everyone being given a messenger and entire populaces going through the effort to erase any trace of these prophetic beings performing miracles to show their lineage to God...

I'll just ignore this. I feel like you're not even talking on subject here.
Islam is nothing but submitting yourself to the one God. Did you even read the verse? The Islam you're defining is the institutions that have developed around the faith after 1500 years. There was no "religion of Islam" during the lifetime of the Prophet. It was simply submitting yourself to God. When the Arabs invaded Rome they were called Messianic Jews. You know so little about Islam that you don't understand this, and therefore you're not worthy of discussing the topic further with.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 PM #36
Treghc

Quote:
Islam is nothing but submitting yourself to the one God. Did you even read the verse? The Islam you're defining is the institutions that have developed around the faith after 1500 years. There was no "religion of Islam" during the lifetime of the Prophet. It was simply submitting yourself to God. When the Arabs invaded Rome they were called Messianic Jews. You know so little about Islam that you don't understand this, and therefore you're not worthy of discussing the topic further with.
So are you stating that the development of Islam is the cause for all religious beliefs/followings? Taoism, despite being introduced and spread far before the Prophet of Islam has Islam to thank for its beliefs? I'm rather befuddled as to what exactly you're trying to imply here... Anyone who submits to one God is therefore following the Islamic faith?

For the record, I'm stating that the prophets of Abrahamic religions were all brought to a rather centralized area of the planet; one in which was rather barbaric, unintelligent, and largely nomadic with their populations spread vastly. In comparison, the societies which were excelling in health, mathematics, science, language, and the arts with a more dense population of groupings was simply left out and nobody ever heard of these Abrahamic religions until the people following such faiths were finally able to travel to the Eastern world. Whether your Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, your prophets only performed their acts in a very small portion of the planet, one in which was uncivilized and under-practiced in most educational affairs when compared to their neighbors. It's rather simple to follow the spreading of damn near any religion. So are you stating that Islam was simply known throughout the world? What evidence to have to show for this?

By the way, leave out the personal attacks. It shows a lack of effort and insecurity of your answer. "You don't know anything. So therefore I'm right and you're wrong, but you just don't know it," is no way to convince anyone of anything at any given time.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 08-19-2012, 07:32 AM #37
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:

It's not really a debate, it's like we are trying to convince a grown man that Santa Claus doesn't exist and he is going to have to take responsibility this year and set out his kid's presents.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 AM #38
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Eid Mubarak everyone!!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:34 PM #39
F1VENOM

Quote:
They are asking me to predict the orbit of some random comet in the Qur'an. That's a stupid question.
If you read this, you'll notice I'm asking if ANYTHING scientific is to be found in your religious texts.

Quote:
If allah knew all of this and the phenomenon is relatively easy to understand, why is none of it in the bible?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 AM #40
Dark Side
You will know the power

Dark Side is playing at Living Legends X
Dark Side owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dark Side owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dark Side supports Pev's Paintball
Dark Side supports Empire
Quote:

I've never heard of the Native American Islamic culture. Please help my ignorant mind. Or are you saying that only certain cultures were worthy to hear the message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc

For the record, I'm stating that the prophets of Abrahamic religions were all brought to a rather centralized area of the planet; one in which was rather barbaric, unintelligent, and largely nomadic with their populations spread vastly. In comparison, the societies which were excelling in health, mathematics, science, language, and the arts with a more dense population of groupings was simply left out and nobody ever heard of these Abrahamic religions until the people following such faiths were finally able to travel to the Eastern world. Whether your Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, your prophets only performed their acts in a very small portion of the planet, one in which was uncivilized and under-practiced in most educational affairs when compared to their neighbors. It's rather simple to follow the spreading of damn near any religion. So are you stating that Islam was simply known throughout the world? What evidence to have to show for this?
I asked in a simpler way. Hopefully you will get your answer.
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote