Old 09-06-2005, 06:11 PM #1
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the MiLP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the APPA D5 division
Bad Fedex driver? Distributor didnt ship? Who is to blame?

Ok so I own a small store is Alabama called Metro Paintball
I placed an order with one of my distributors last monday for 2 halo's, 2 tank covers, 2 fill nipple covers, 5 battle swabs, 2 thread protectors, and a Dye backpack. I had the shipment on my doorstep when I got home friday, which was odd because usually they require signature confirmation. I opened the package friday evening, and to my dismay I only received 1 dye backpack, 1 halo, 2 fill nipple covers, and some promotional material, so Immedeatly I called and left word on my salesman's answering machine as well as e-mailed the company, but I knew they had closed up a little early friday and wouldnt be back till tuesday morning. I receive a call this morning, and my salesman swears up and down that she put everything in there and she personally did it, and her manager watched her, ok-we spoke for a little and came to the conclusion that there was truck on both ends of the deal, but something wasnt right. I called back and spoke with the manage this afternoon and he said he would check with fedex-well the package wasnt double taped, or opened or anything of the sort. I have yet to hear back from my distributor or Fedex-Im in a juggle as of what I should do...Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have checked with fedex, the most they will pay me is 100$, and im out about 170$ in merchandise! WHAT TO DO?
Thanks!
-Will

(205) 837-4177
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2005, 06:38 PM #2
Beaney
Deus Ex Machina

Beaney is a Supporting Member
Federal Express's responisbility is to the shipper not the reciever. The $100 dollars is to the shipper. I am not sure if not gettting a signature changes the amount to the supplier but that really shouldn't be your problem if there is a missing box. I am not sure how you pay the supplier but they are responsible to you and they shipper is to them. Items not recieved should never be payed for.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:48 PM #3
daoctyvm

I work for fedex

Signature is required, unless they sign the airbill saying they dont require a signature. Declared value is 100.00 unless they add more. Distrubtors responsibility to ship you the goods. You didnt recieve the full amount of goods. Take it up with them.

also sounds like you would "know if they were all in that box or not..."

Btw we were bought by fedex I work for fedex kinkos.

PS

After seeing our ground driver throw packages around, never mark them with fragile. Express isn't so bad but never do it for ground like that. Ground is all subcontracted out and not actually apart of fedex. Each truck is a subcontractor, usually some chump driver getting 10.00 an hour while the owner makes 65k plus a route. Express is actual fedex and isnt subcontracted.

Last edited by daoctyvm : 09-06-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:49 PM #4
Havocide3
Dodgy Pikachu FTW

Havocide3 is a Supporting Member
If the shipper only paid for $100 insurance, then they owe you the difference on the price. Anywho, I would tell them it came re-packaged since that is what it sounds like
Old 09-06-2005, 06:50 PM #5
05alias
Snapping Axles

was the box tampered at all**

ST:A: Buckle Up For Safety
How We Survive Is What Makes Us Who We Are"
Old 09-06-2005, 08:16 PM #6
Wicked Game

Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Was the box big enough to hold all of the product?

Your distributor needs to take this up with Fed Ex. It's not your problem. If it was a credit card purchase tell them you will dispute the whole package if they don't take care of it. If it was net 30 tell them they won't get their payment until the issue is resolved. Use email or certfied mail so you have a paper trail. if they make a credit issue it will be easy to dispute.

I know my fed Ex, UPS, and mail guys real well. I suggest you build a relationship with your shippers. If any of my packages showed up short product I wiould know who I was looking for when I showed up at the depot. I would let them know face to face I was filing a claim, and that I was responsible.
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Old 09-06-2005, 08:32 PM #7
CashvilleCartel

if you used your credit card.. wait till you get the bill, and then call your credit card company and tell them that they must have double charged you on some products cus u never recieved them.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM #8
paintballislife73

just send the stuff you got back to your distributor... if u paid with credit card have them refund your money. then if you still want the backpack and what not reorder it... and if you still have problems with missing items find a different company to buy from

or go USPS or UPS
Old 09-06-2005, 09:50 PM #9
Shore Paintball

The weight should have been on the label. Does the weight of what you received including the box and promotional material) agree with it? If it doesn't then you need to take it up with whoever shipped it.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM #10
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Im now in limbo as of what to do. I have talked with my distributor and they said it will take up to 6 months to receive the 100$ worth of insurance, and i will have to pay the balance. Im thinking about stopping payment on it, and mailing them a certified check for the amount of the products I did receive, because there basically telling me that they wont ship me the stock I need, or help compensate. Please let me know what you guys would do, ive never come across anything quite like this before.
Thanks
-Will Lumpkin
Metro Paintball

(205) 837-4177
Old 09-07-2005, 04:41 PM #11
JxTxCxNx

Unfortunately you're screwed. File the claim and change your receiving system.

When packages come, don't sign the bill of lading until you verify everything is perfect. Any problems? Refuse the order.

Once you sign, you're accepting it as perfect. Look for "1 of 2" box designations closely.

Sorry for your loss I ate $2100 once.

--dada
Old 09-07-2005, 04:44 PM #12
Havocide3
Dodgy Pikachu FTW

Havocide3 is a Supporting Member
First off, confirm that the distributor didn't pay for enough insurance. Second, make sure fed-ex understands the situation and ask for their suggestions. Third, if the distributor doesn't pay you for the difference, call the local authorities and see what they suggest for that.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:26 PM #13
daoctyvm

I'd stop the payment send the stuff back to them and Say its your mess and find another distrubitor. Its not like there isnt 100 other ppl ready to do business with you, that want your business. Obviously this company isnt doing something right. You sounded like a standup guy when i talked to you on aim the other night. GL with it eitherway though. I wouldnt eat the costs though. Your 100 bucks will take a bit to process every claim is investigated by fedex. Once that investigation decides what to do is when they cut you the check.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:19 AM #14
daoctyvm

This is one of those things where insurance is kinda nice to have. Most distrubitors don't add it on though and I dont see how they can hose there goods by not protecting the order? I do not see how it is your fault they didnt get you the correct items. To me that seems like a suppliers issue, they should put insurance on it if they think a client would rip them off. IT doesnt make sense for them to try to charge you money for what you didnt recieve. Its bad business, they know you will stop ordering from them...its just the worst decision to make over 200 dollars worth of missing gear tops? Your talking about 1 customer gone for good and not coming back.

Your missing one halo and bunch of minor items, that would prob be very easy to forget to add in as most them items were small and would be covered by pellets easy. The fact you said the person who packed it said they had 3 people watching them pack it to me makes me think there stupid and covering there A**, because they screwed up. Keep me posted on what eventually happens, hope it works out for you. They should send your something extra for your hassle. I would never do business with people under those kinda conditions that you've been getting from them.

Last edited by daoctyvm : 09-08-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:56 AM #15
JxTxCxNx

Insurance may not cover missing boxes. If you sign the bill of lading, you're saying "everything is here."

Distributors have the ability to fix that mistake, but if you signed the receipt, they're going into THEIR pocket for your mistake.

Dye, NPS, and Smart Parts all check and double check shipments. I've never been shorted by them. It is important for you to check the packing list against your order before accepting it.

If you believe the distributor screwed up, call the warehouse manager. That's a start.

--dada
Old 09-08-2005, 05:51 PM #16
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Thanks for all you guy's help!
~As far as a signature-none was required...odd, right? Usually I have packages shipped to the shop, but i figured there was a chance that it wouldnt get there until we closed friday, and no one would be able to sig for it, so i did inquire weather a signature was required, but never asked them to waive the required Signature-anyways I found it on my front porch when W got home friday, and my salesman said I requested for it to be left without a signature, which is a lie-we communicate mostly by e-mail and I have her e-mail saying she wasnt sure if it had to be signed for or not which was odd to me because I know all Fedex Ground packages do require a signature unless waived-how would she not know the routine, and shees not new to it! As far as signing for it, I usually do have someone at the shop do an inventory in front of the driver, and decline it if anything is missing. I have tried speaking to the warehouse manager-but he is willing to do less than my salesman! I did call and requested my salesman at first, but she wasnt in, and the the manager-he wasnt in, I asked them what time they usually closed, and the salesman I spoke with said 5:30 CST(my time zone as well) but they left after lunch today and wouldnt be back until Monday morning-Im feeling that the Manager is the salesman's Husband because there arent any big events or trade shows or anything else going on-not that I know of at least-I figure they went out of town to get there swerve on! Anyhow, I requested for the owner to call me ASAP and the salesman I spoke with said it would be this evening or tommorow. If I dont hear from at the very least my salesman, the manager, or the owner Im disputing the charge and the banks are always on the people/small business side if its a people vs large company, EVERY TIME! Im with you, they for sure arent the brightest people in the world for instance I called the other day(last thursday because they were closed friday to make it an extra long weekend!) and I asked my salesman about Ion's and I hear they are 199.99(which is what I pay for them from Smart Parts, but Smart Parts still have a few hundured thousand on backorder and so I scant get any because I dont purchase in mass quantities) so I get an email thursday evening saying they are 225$-I didnt even say anything about them giving me the wrong price, the idiotic things just go on. I would stop payment on it and mail them a certified check for the amount of the items I did receive plus the full shipping amount they charged me, and be done with them(and I will for sure be done with them when this is resolved unless they offer amazing compensation!)
Ill keep you guys posted, and thanks for your suggestions!
Thanks!
-Will Lumpkin
Metro Paintball

(205) 837-4177
Old 09-08-2005, 06:07 PM #17
Big_Dangerous
It's funny to you, right?

well don't they have a copy of what u ordered, take a picture of the box and stuff and say this is all what was in it, i payed for this stuff and i didn't get it. tell them to send u what they didn't give u, or give u the money back for what u didn't get.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:09 PM #18
spydertipp

thanks for telling all non shop owners the ions whole sale price.... i always wandered what u bought um for.....

p.s. edit it out of there, i'm sure SP doesnt what that info out and could really hurt ur buisnes with people wanting under map pricing.,..

erick
Old 09-08-2005, 06:21 PM #19
DWC

Will, A couple of strange things with the story your supplier is telling you. The salesperson is also the acting shipping clerk and order picker? Her manager is following her from the sales area to the warehouse to pull stock, package the order and run it thru the Fedex/USP meter. Just don't sound right does it? As far as the signature thing goes if shipped Fedex ground to a non business address then the shipper must pay extra if shipped "signature required" or it will be left at the door. Insurance is also extra if insured for more than the first $100 in value of the product. If there are not outside signs of damage or repackaging then I would say you were shorted by the shipper/supplier. As far as opening the boxes and checking the product most shipping companys do not allow that. If the box is delivered with no signs of damage then its your choice to accept or refuse and any shortage of product is between you and your supplier. Fedex, UPS or no one else can be responsible if your supplier shorted you on your order. Their only job is to deliver the package from point A to point B without damage and pilferage in a timely manner. I think I would be looking for another supplier not another shipping company.

Last edited by DWC : 09-08-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 PM #20
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Im not worried about posting wholesale prices-its not like you can harrass your local dealer into selling it under whatever his price it, or like you can hassle your online store to below 284.99
I am looking for a new distributor and shipping company
-will

(205) 837-4177