PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 04:12 AM #1
ns20

Thumbs up All you need to know about cheating

Well now days cheating is a big part of paintball and you pretty much have to cheat to go places in the sport and to look good. You have to be good at cheating too. If you are playing a team that is no better than you or that is alot worse than you but they can cheat better they will win. Now alot of you APG reading noobs will say cheating is bad and makes the sport look bad and blah blah blah. Well grow up and learn what paintball is all about. Every top level team cheats the only teams that dont cheat are sucky *** local teams that will go no ware in the sport. Now thats out of the way lets get into bad *** cheating tips.

Wipeing: Wipeing plays a big part in cheating. Its important to be very un-obvious when you wipe. Its also important to wipe very thouroly becuase if a reff can tell you attempted to wipe you will get a penalty for it so make sure you when you wipe its a clean wipe and all the paint is gone. Here are some wipeing moves....

-Hopper hit, If you get hit in the hopper and you are playing air ball come into your bunker(not to fast and jumpy that will draw the reffs attention to you) then rub the spot where you got hit at on your bunker. Go ahead and wipe any left over paint on the hopper with your hand. Also its good to block the crowd's/reff's view of you wipeing with your body. If you are playing on a solid bunker field or there is alot of paint on your gunker bring your gun down like you are reloading and when you are droping a pod of paint in wipe that hopper hit.

-Gun hit, When you get a gun hit come back into your bunker and make it look like you are reloading while you are loading wipe that hit. You can also just block the reffs view with your body and just wipe the hit real quick. Its very hard to wipe a hit on a gun that has alot of milling so before you even attempt wipeing on your gun look at the hit and see if you even have a chance with getting away with wipeing on that spot of your gun. Look and see if alot of paint will still be left in the milling, if you dont think you can get away wth it then just call your self out.

-Goggle hit, Most goggle hit you just cant get away with but you can always try. If the goggle hit isnt that big then press your index finger very very hard agianst your goggle then wipe it clean accross your lense like a windshield wiper. This will wipe that hit off perfectly. If its not in the lense just in the mask part then just play on with it. You can always just clame you cant see your face so it was a un-obviuos hit. If you played on with it for a while and the reffs havnt caught you yet just go ahead and wipe it. Mask hits are easy to get away with.

-Pack hit, These are pretty easy to wipe if you know exsacly where they are at. When you feel a hit in your pack tuck in real quick then pull a pod out of your pack, as you are pulling a pod out wipe the hit with your arm while your pulling it out or wipe it with your hand when your reaching down to pull the pod. You can also just wipe it with your hand while reaching down to get the pod then go over it agian with your arm when you pull the pod out to make sure that hit is gone. Pack hits are pretty easy to get away with playing on with them since they are un-obvious hits.

-Chest hit, If you get hit in your chest lay on your stomach and wipe it off using the ground. If you have the chance to move or you got the hit off the break then slide into a bunker on your stomach and sliding on the ground will wipe that hit right off. Also you can get away with just wiping with your hand since hits on jerseys dont really stick out alot.

-Barrel hit, When hit in the barrel Get your squegge out and squegge your barrel while you are claning it take your hand and wipe that hit off. People will just think you were squeggeing your barrel and it wont draw much attention. Also you can just plain down right wipe the hit off with your hand and claim that you were wipeing off broken paint that came from the inside of your barrel out your porting.

Those are the main wipeing skills you need to master. If you cant wipe good in those areas you wont have a cheating advantage over another team.

Playing on: Playing on is a good way to cheat but not down right cheat(unlike wipeing). Usually you only play on with un-obvious hits becuase welll playing on with a obvious hit is just stupid. Here are some tips....

-Off/before the break shoot the bunker you plan to go to alot. Have one of your back men shoot it to off the break while your runing to it. Then if you get hit off the break just rub that hit agianst the bunker with all that paint on it and the hit will blend in with the rub from the bunker.

-When you get hit in the pack or another un-obvious place where you couldnt really feel a hit watch for a reff coming to check you. When you see a reff coming to check you run away from him and go bunker one of the oposing players. But make it look like you didnt know or see him coming to check you. If you are going to get pulled any ways you may as well just take a player out and do some damage to the other team.

-When you get hit in a place you can hide from the reff tell a reff to come and check you in a place totally differnt from where you acually got hit and hide the acual hit then it looks like you were trying to play fare the reff just didnt call you out on your hit. Then wipe that hit later on if you feel the need to.

-Pretty much just any un-obvious hit keep on playing with it. Its the reff's job to call you out on those. The reffs should be paying attention and the player who shot you should be calling a paint check on you. If they dont do that then its thier fault you got away with playing on.

Thats all i ahve time to put up right now. If any one else has any thing more to add feel free. I will post about cheating with your gun, more wipeing and playing on tips,etc later.

Please no one flame me for posting this. If you have a bad opinion on this just keep it to your self no one wants to hear it. Also save your self from looking like a noob by flaming me for posting this and saying how bad cheating is.

Note: I do not cheat.

Last edited by ns20 : 04-06-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2004, 10:54 AM #2
Fat Adam
Boom..Headshot

has been a member for 10 years
Fat Adam supports Pev's Paintball
Fat Adam plays in the APPA D5 division
rule number 342

shoot the other guy, before he shoots you..
LNIB Black/Gold Clone VX FS!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:01 AM #3
ns20

Now when you cant shoot they player first and he shoots you first you can just cheat and shoot him back.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:22 PM #4
-JP-

definately won't read it, but props for writing it...
Old 04-06-2004, 12:30 PM #5
galli2001

nick, way to take that from another thread or site. Ive seen it before.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM #6
ns20

Acually i wrote it up myself last night. Cant you tell by the spelling

You saw "cheating 101" which was a old thread that got deleted due to flaming. My cheating thread is way better.

Last edited by ns20 : 04-06-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:55 PM #7
HyperPB234
WE'RE IN BAT COUNTRY!

HyperPB234 is a Supporting Member
HyperPB234 supports Bob Gurnsey
word, im cheating master
Old 04-06-2004, 09:19 PM #8
ISeeTheLightItBurns

Cheaters live longer. In tournament cheat away. But walk on days, why bother? Shouldn't be getting shot by newbies anyways

Last edited by ISeeTheLightItBurns : 04-08-2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:06 PM #9
Fat Adam
Boom..Headshot

Fat Adam supports Pev's Paintball
Fat Adam plays in the APPA D5 division
i guess i suck then
LNIB Black/Gold Clone VX FS!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:07 AM #10
lop
RAIDER HATE

Good post. Keep up the good work. And all you little ballers out there, read this and follow it like a bible.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:10 PM #11
BTIMPcocker

It is sad the people who cheat are the players without skill now I am not saying I have never cheated but let me tell you cheat you dont got game at all!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:32 AM #12
ns20

So i guesse every pro and every other nppl/psp player has no skill

Dude cheating is a skill. So if you can cheat and cheat good you have a skill right there. Also its only the good players that cheat.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:02 AM #13
Skangar

Duh, I have paintball videos where you can see pros cheating. They all cheat, and I seriously think its the ref's fault for not seeing it. I mean who can honestly say that a pro should not cheat when so much is at stake (prize money, sponsors, reputation, etc..)
Old 04-08-2004, 01:34 AM #14
lop
RAIDER HATE

People need to stop crying about cheating. If you haven't done it, you probably will when 20,000 dollars is at stake and your sponsers are expecting you to do good. Just because someone cheats, doesn't mean they don't have skills, it mean they want it more than the next guy.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:06 AM #15
Ruddy9875

hahaha...... la 2003 video, marcus ducarcus whiping the hopper hit INFRONT OF THE REF and he doesnt get caught. he was lookin backwards yellin at his backman and he took one like inside the hopper lid and he loaded a pod and wiped it ...
Old 04-08-2004, 09:13 AM #16
ns20

Marcus inspires me. He was the one that made me want to learn every thing i can about cheating. He is one of my favorite players just becuase of how much he cheats and how well he dose it.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:25 AM #17
Trogdor44

dude look at it this way........in football, holding a palyers shirt is a penalty (IF you get caught)., but players do it anyways.......in hockey, hooking is a penalty (IF you get caught), but players do it anyways.......and in paintball, wiping is a penalty (ONLY IF YOU GET CAUGHT)

basically, there's cheating in all sports, it doenst mean that player sucks, just they're crafty and you'll have to shoot em' again......which is why god created bonus balls!!!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:02 AM #18
PsychoKILLER

yes, but wiping is so much lower... wiping is like goal tending in basketball... In basketball the teams are shooting baskets, and goal tending is a gay way to deny a good shot made by the other team,... And against the rules. Its not like holding a players shirt, i would say that that is much less serious. Yes i realize that many high rated players wipe, but i won't find myself wiping, and i really have bad opinions about wipers...
Old 04-08-2004, 02:06 PM #19
Spo0ty

Cheating is a talent that needs to be perfected...
If it were me, I would suggest learning how to play, and then learning how to cheat...that way, if the cheating doesnt work out for you, you can always just play Novice, and not really have to cheat to do well.

Nick, keep workin on the book...You have plenty more to cover, like Debounce, Ramping Dwell, Ramping ROF, and how to hide it all. (Assuming they are available to you)
BTW, your mom...HOTT...
Old 04-08-2004, 02:26 PM #20
David1110

***, Just cuz you can't ball doesn't mean you have to teach others how to suck
Old 04-08-2004, 03:46 PM #21
FSU Paintball

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
haha, what a s*** thread
Closed Thread