Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 PM #1
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VIII
tjboss is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
FX 2.0 reviews?

I'm excited to save money for atleast the 2.0 pants if nothing else, does anybody have them yet? I want to know what everyone thinks
tjboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 PM #2
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
New JT FX 2.0 Gear

I just got mine in the mail today. I ordered both the jersey and the pants. The pants are some of the best I have ever worn. The knee padding on them is crazy. I don't even think I need knee pads with them...and I slide and kneel a lot. They are lightweight for the most part but the amount of padding does make them a little heavier. Not by much though. The sizes in the pants seem to run just a little big. XS/SM is 26-30 and MD/LG is 32-36. I am about a 31-32 and I have to tighten them all the way and wear shorts underneath. Not a problem though. They can get a little hot but I would recommend them. I had a pair of 2006 JT tournament pants and they still work great. If these are anything like the old ones they should hold up for a long time.

As for the jersey, it is very well made and comfortable. It fits pretty true to size. The padding is not as thick as it appears in the picture. Definitely not as thick of padding as some of the other jerseys. Elbow pads are more than adequate though. It is extremely light weight and very breathable. It has zero padding on the chest and sides but that is what makes it so lightweight. Also, the sides have about a 6in split up the sides to keep it from bunching up around your waist with a pod pack on. I would recommend this as well.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM #3
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
How's the stitching on the pants everywhere?

How stretchable and reinforced is all the elastic material on it?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 PM #4
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko9989 View Post
The sizes in the pants seem to run just a little big. XS/SM is 26-30 and MD/LG is 32-36. I am about a 31-32 and I have to tighten them all the way and wear shorts underneath.
What size did you buy?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 AM #5
Dark Side
You will know the power

Dark Side is playing at Living Legends X
Dark Side owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dark Side owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dark Side supports Pev's Paintball
Dark Side supports Empire
Looking forward to the reviews.
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:14 PM #6
XSVPaint

XSVPaint is a Professional paintball player
XSVPaint works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thomas Taylor just did the product videos for the JT FX Gloves, Jersey, Harness... (Pant one coming soon)

Extreme Paintball Modesto - www.ExtremePaintball.net
XSVPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM #7
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
How's the stitching on the pants everywhere?

How stretchable and reinforced is all the elastic material on it?
The stitching is fantastic. Definitely as high of quality as the older JT stuff. I don't see myself having problems anytime soon. The elastic is very well reinforced but not so much stretchy. They are very comfortable. I have played in them twice now.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:17 PM #8
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
What size did you buy?
I bought the medium/large. it is better to buy big and wear shorts underneath rather than buy small and not be able to wear them at all.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:18 PM #9
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVPaint View Post
Thomas Taylor just did the product videos for the JT FX Gloves, Jersey, Harness... (Pant one coming soon)

These are the guys to ask. It is XSV that wear them all the time. They would be able to give you the best opinions.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 AM #10
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

has been a member for 10 years
wisk donated to help Peyton Trent
wisk supports Team VICIOUS
wisk supports Bob Gurnsey
wisk supports Empire
And you think their opinion/review isn't biased just a little? hah..

But really, this is some of the best equipment I've used in a long time. I am still running my FX1.0 pants from like 2.5 years ago with no rips, worn out parts in the knees or barely a stitch coming loose.

The jersey is very nice, and breathable. The arm padding is not as exaggerated as in the Empire jerseys. I am not one to use the built in gloves, but that is the direction all the jerseys are going these days. However you can just slide them over your hand and they fit snugly around your wrist keeping your sleeve from riding up your arm in slides and what not.

The gloves are extremely nice and I say this also not being a glove wearing person. They have a nice rubber molding on the top side of the fingers and fit snugly while letting your fingers still have ease of mobility.

The pack is by far the best I have used in a while. The pod pockets are nice and solid making it easy to load pods yourself with it on or for pit crew (opposed to like collapsing and 'fast' packs). The straps seem to be longer and not stiff like tanned leather.. also making it easier to strap them up yourself.

Still waiting on my pants, but I am sure they are top notch like the rest of the gear!
wisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:44 PM #11
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisk View Post
And you think their opinion/review isn't biased just a little? hah..

But really, this is some of the best equipment I've used in a long time. I am still running my FX1.0 pants from like 2.5 years ago with no rips, worn out parts in the knees or barely a stitch coming loose.

The jersey is very nice, and breathable. The arm padding is not as exaggerated as in the Empire jerseys. I am not one to use the built in gloves, but that is the direction all the jerseys are going these days. However you can just slide them over your hand and they fit snugly around your wrist keeping your sleeve from riding up your arm in slides and what not.

The gloves are extremely nice and I say this also not being a glove wearing person. They have a nice rubber molding on the top side of the fingers and fit snugly while letting your fingers still have ease of mobility.

The pack is by far the best I have used in a while. The pod pockets are nice and solid making it easy to load pods yourself with it on or for pit crew (opposed to like collapsing and 'fast' packs). The straps seem to be longer and not stiff like tanned leather.. also making it easier to strap them up yourself.

Still waiting on my pants, but I am sure they are top notch like the rest of the gear!
I'm around a 40' wasit, will the pack fit me?
buLLetprooF_EBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 PM #12
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

wisk supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLetprooF_EBJ

I'm around a 40' wasit, will the pack fit me?
Well I'm a 34/36 with room to spare.. I'd say yes. It's the usual elastic belt
Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 PM #13
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

Its stretchy right?

The nxe packs always fit me because the belt stretches alot but the empire ones not so much. Didnt stretch much
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM #14
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

wisk supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLetprooF_EBJ View Post
Its stretchy right?

The nxe packs always fit me because the belt stretches alot but the empire ones not so much. Didnt stretch much
Yes I would compare the belt on the JT pack to that of an NXe. Both FX1 and FX2 packs share the same belt.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 AM #15
Osok
Blitz Semi

Osok supports Team VICIOUS
Osok plays in the APPA D5 division
Osok supports DLX Technology
Have used the pants and gloves for the past 5 weekends at SC Village.

Pants
Pros: Doing great, they still look brand new. Washed twice so far (on low agitation) and gets all the dirt/paint out. Knee area still shows no sign of wear, no threads coming out anywhere yet. Loving these pants, they are easy to clean and quick to dry. Not to mention they are breathable and in 90*+ weather I haven't had any issues.

Cons: Not really digging the draw string fly, makes it difficult to use the restroom and dealing with the extra length of string is a bit annoying. The velcro that holds the crotch flap to the pants is to small and comes off easily but the buttons hold the whole fly in place anyway.

Final Thoughts: Like the product, wish it was not as expensive but worth the price. Super durable, easy to clean, and a simple design that's breathable.They also run a little bit large. I'm 180/5'11" and M/L pants fit me large. Would recommend these if you have the cash.

Gloves
Pros: Right off the bat these gloves feel extremely durable. I was shot in the finger and in the hand with these gloves and both times I barely felt a thing. I've put them through the washer a couple times and the stitching seems to be holding up pretty well.

Cons: Personal preference really. These do tend to be pretty hot during warm weather but that is to be expected.

Final Thoughts: If you use gloves I would suggest these however they are a bit pricey. These, hands down are the most durable feeling gloves I've used (have used dye, redz, empire, old jt).

SC Village | Hollywood Sports | Paintball Gateway | Xternal | Almost Famous | GAT Products | Lapco
Osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM #16
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

wisk supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osok View Post
Have used the pants and gloves for the past 5 weekends at SC Village.

Pants
Pros: Doing great, they still look brand new. Washed twice so far (on low agitation) and gets all the dirt/paint out. Knee area still shows no sign of wear, no threads coming out anywhere yet. Loving these pants, they are easy to clean and quick to dry. Not to mention they are breathable and in 90*+ weather I haven't had any issues.

Cons: Not really digging the draw string fly, makes it difficult to use the restroom and dealing with the extra length of string is a bit annoying. The velcro that holds the crotch flap to the pants is to small and comes off easily but the buttons hold the whole fly in place anyway.

Final Thoughts: Like the product, wish it was not as expensive but worth the price. Super durable, easy to clean, and a simple design that's breathable.They also run a little bit large. I'm 180/5'11" and M/L pants fit me large. Would recommend these if you have the cash.

Gloves
Pros: Right off the bat these gloves feel extremely durable. I was shot in the finger and in the hand with these gloves and both times I barely felt a thing. I've put them through the washer a couple times and the stitching seems to be holding up pretty well.

Cons: Personal preference really. These do tend to be pretty hot during warm weather but that is to be expected.

Final Thoughts: If you use gloves I would suggest these however they are a bit pricey. These, hands down are the most durable feeling gloves I've used (have used dye, redz, empire, old jt).
Very nice review
Old 09-26-2012, 12:54 PM #17
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

So the pant sizes run like xs/sm m/l xl/xxl? They seemed to be back ordered right now on their website.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM #18
Osok
Blitz Semi

Osok supports Team VICIOUS
Osok plays in the APPA D5 division
Osok supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLetprooF_EBJ View Post
So the pant sizes run like xs/sm m/l xl/xxl? They seemed to be back ordered right now on their website.
thats correct

SC Village | Hollywood Sports | Paintball Gateway | Xternal | Almost Famous | GAT Products | Lapco
Osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:58 PM #19
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

You were spot on with the pack wisk.

Just got mine in the mail today and it fits me perfectley. Ive been playing Paintball for nearly 15 years now, ive used pod packs by Empire to NXE, Redz to Valken and I have to say, this is by far the lightest and most comfortable pack I have ever worn. Couldnt be happier with my purchase. Its extremely small profile as well. Way to go JT. Ive never been let down by their products.

Well besides the Excellerator 4.0 that is.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 PM #20
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

wisk supports Empire
Here's some action pics from this weekend at an event in Dallas.. You guys can see how well it all looks together..