Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2013, 05:27 PM #1
PaintballAccess

PaintballAccess plays in the PSP
PaintballAccess posts videos on PbNation
PaintballAccess has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
PaintballAccess is a videographer
PSP West Coast Open FREE Webcast right now!

The webcast runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 9 PM Eastern at www.paintballaccess.com/live, available on your PC, tablet, mobile phone, or other internet-enabled device! Just click the link to watch!

New ULTRA-HD Feed!

PBA is rolling out new technology for the West Coast Open webcast that will nearly triple the stream bandwidth available previously, bringing you the clearest, most detailed picture to date!

Ten Champions...

Houston Heat snapped Dynasty's winning streak in Chicago, but will they be able to get another win and tie up the rankings on the way into World Cup?

Only eight of the Champions teams will leave Riverside with a Champions slot at World Cup. Which four teams will find themselves battling relegation on Sunday morning? Which two will find themselves knocked out of the Champions division?

Ten Challengers...

Topgun Union became the first new team to break into the Champions group following their 2nd place Challengers finish at the Chicago Open. Will another new team earn a Champions spot in Riverside, or will TonTons and 187 reclaim the places they lost in Chicago?

What's Your Prediction?

Can you predict the winners and the relegated? Share your predictions and don't miss the action as your favorite Pro teams fight to stay in or get promoted to the PSP Champions Division!

Commentary from the Experts

PaintballAccess.com's Matty Marshall, Todd Martinez, Chris Lasoya and their expert guest commentators will bring you in-depth commentary and analysis throughout the weekend with interviews with key players and team staff and additional coverage of the PSP West Coast Open event!

Miss any games?

Use the player's DVR functionality to rewind to games earlier in the day!

Schedule:

PaintballAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2013, 05:35 PM #2
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

has been a member for 10 years
I feel like it has been ages since Chicago. Can't wait to watch.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:58 PM #3
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
I honestly don't mind missing events now because the webcast is just so good. Looking forward to watching games and skipping out on the heat.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 AM #4
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
love me some webcast
Old 08-15-2013, 02:38 AM #5
AP58
ᵃʳᶜʰ

AP58 is playing at Living Legends VI
AP58 is playing at Living Legends VII
AP58 supports Ninja Paintball
AP58 supports Empire
Better than nppl streams
AP58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 AM #6
jfonz63

plays in the NXL
jfonz63 plays in the APPA D4 division
jfonz63 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jfonz63 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP58 View Post
Better than nppl streams
lol what nppl streams? last weeks "webcast" were like 2 security cameras they tapped in to

SLC FACTION

KCCO

Panthers #MEOW
jfonz63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 AM #7
HybridPB

HybridPB owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Awesome! Im picking top gun and vicious to get relegated down and Texas storm and DMG to move up to champions.
HybridPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 PM #8
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridPB View Post
Awesome! Im picking top gun and vicious to get relegated down and Texas storm and DMG to move up to champions.
I think you are correct.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 PM #9
Slynn1697
NEGU

Slynn1697 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Slynn1697 supports Team VICIOUS
Slynn1697 plays in the APPA D5 division
Slynn1697 supports Ninja Paintball
Looking forward to seeing how Storm plays, with some of the new pickups. But as long as vicious does well ill be happy
...when time and life moves on and we're only an afterthought in the rear view mirror, we'll at least have this. Something to say we were here, that we fought, and we played the game as hard as we could, because for a time, this was us, our struggle, our life.
-Matty Marshall
R.I.P. John Renner
1952-2015

Slynn1697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 AM #10
veets13
Dirty Jerzey

veets13 supports Shocker RSX
veets13 supports Ninja Paintball
showign some love for NJ.. hope Top Gun can hang w/ the big boys
Dynasty Fan Club #554
veets13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 AM #11
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridPB View Post
I think it'll be 187, cep, thunder, or shock to move up over DMG especially since DMG just lost a player
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:31 AM #12
evil balla 21
Matt's Outback Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
evil balla 21 is a founding member
evil balla 21 is BST Legit
evil balla 21 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
evil balla 21 plays in the APPA beginner division
evil balla 21 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
evil balla 21 supports Ninja Paintball
I believe 187 will have a better showing at riverside than they did at chicago and reclaim their spot in the champions division....where they belong!!

"Keep Calm & Play Paintball"
evil balla 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 AM #13
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Shootingropes is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Shootingropes plays in the APPA D2 division
lol i was so confused as to why games havent started and its 10 am... then suddenly, time zones.

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 AM #14
dsbloody

dsbloody is a Paintball photographer
same

Please no referral sites in sigs.
dsbloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:31 AM #15
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
John supports Empire
John is All In
OK, I admit it. I am almost shocked the PSP has stuck with their relegation/promotion schedule all year. I really thought when this event came around, the PSP would relent we'd hear that there are now 12 pro teams playing World Cup and no one is getting relegated.

I think keeping relegation going strong makes this the most exciting event leading up to Cup in years. Every team is in danger. Have a bad event here and disaster! This is awesome.

The only issue I have with this system is that if there are 10 solid professional level teams and 10 challenger teams that aren't as good, the PSP still promotes two teams into the Champions division and demotes two out of it. Even if they are actually removing two better teams and replacing them with two sub standard teams. They never have to match up against each other. 2 go up and 2 go down. You never know if the 2 going down are really significantly better than the 2 going up.

What if there were some sort of inter-division playoff? Maybe the top two Challenger's teams that are going to be promoted against the bottom two Champions that are being relegated? Then the best two teams play the next event in Champions. That way we really are getting the best 10 teams competing against each other.

I am in no way suggesting changing this for World Cup. I want teams to fight for their lives this weekend and its too late to change the rules now. That wouldn't be fair for the 10 teams who are about to earn a spot at World Cup. However, I would like to see something like that for next year.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 AM #16
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
Yeah, maybe top x number of teams from Challengers should have a playoff to win two additional WC Champions div spots.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 AM #17
shotyaface
^_^

plays in the NXL
shotyaface is an NCPA player
shotyaface supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
OK, I admit it. I am almost shocked the PSP has stuck with their relegation/promotion schedule all year. I really thought when this event came around, the PSP would relent we'd hear that there are now 12 pro teams playing World Cup and no one is getting relegated.

I think keeping relegation going strong makes this the most exciting event leading up to Cup in years. Every team is in danger. Have a bad event here and disaster! This is awesome.

The only issue I have with this system is that if there are 10 solid professional level teams and 10 challenger teams that aren't as good, the PSP still promotes two teams into the Champions division and demotes two out of it. Even if they are actually removing two better teams and replacing them with two sub standard teams. They never have to match up against each other. 2 go up and 2 go down. You never know if the 2 going down are really significantly better than the 2 going up.

What if there were some sort of inter-division playoff? Maybe the top two Challenger's teams that are going to be promoted against the bottom two Champions that are being relegated? Then the best two teams play the next event in Champions. That way we really are getting the best 10 teams competing against each other.

I am in no way suggesting changing this for World Cup. I want teams to fight for their lives this weekend and its too late to change the rules now. That wouldn't be fair for the 10 teams who are about to earn a spot at World Cup. However, I would like to see something like that for next year.
I thought about that, but I think it's good for those Challenger teams to get a taste of the Champions division. That experience may be very beneficial for their team development.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 AM #18
Swantonbomboy

Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
I'm hoping the HD+ is indeed simply a higher definition picture and nothing has been taken away from the Free broadcast in terms of picture quality.
Swantonbomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 AM #19
Bad71
.... from the ashes

plays in the NXL
Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Bad71 plays in the APPA D3 division
working??
Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 AM #20
disturbed4real69

I wouldn't mind watching the top two from challengers teams play the bottom two champions for the right to take their spot
disturbed4real69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 AM #21
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

Sounds reminiscent of the days when the pro teams would play an amateur team during the course of their rotation. I remember most of the time, the pro teams destroyed the am teams, but once in a while, you'd get an upset. Having some crossover, especially at the levels where the two sub-divisions do cross, would add another great element to the pro division, as well as giving Challengers teams an extra chance to make the webcast. Plus, you'd give the bottom Champions teams something to really be thinking about when they had to play those matches. Lot to be had from that. to the idea for next year.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote