Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM #1
vector911

has been a member for 10 years
vector911 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vector911 supports Ninja Paintball
New quest owner: problems

Just picked up a quest with Was board. So far it's slow, loud, and has decent kick like a SP vibe/ gog envy. The speed is maybe 12 bps in semi with the trigger set up and almost bouncing. I have a DM6 that shoots waaay faster in semi using the same reloader B and my same retarded fingers. I have read all the stickeys, and the first 15 pages of this FEP forum.
Bonus problem: PSP setting shoots weird like the bolt doesn't go back far enough to let paint in. So I get 2 shots of paint then a triple dry fire.

I replaced all the o-rings on the Stock silver bolt, pin, and breach, lubed with slick honey.
Lubed the LPR piston and performed the LPR cap mod
Replaced HPR with Hyper 2 and replaced all o-rings and lubed.
Fresh 9v

LPR: 95PSI (high I know but I was trying to dial this thing in. I will try not looking at the gauge and set it up like I do my DM6 next.

Was board settings:
Dwell: 12 (again high, but shots were not consistent even with this dwell)
Debounce: 8 (felt a touch of bounce but not uncontrolled)
Eye mode: 2 was slightly faster than 3
Bip delay: 2
ROF cap: 23
eye power: 11

I have no leaks, consistency is 309-254 slightly overbored barrel fit. Same paint, same barrel the DM6 is +/- 10. I was really hoping for a quiet fast shooter with better efficiency than my 6. I'll spend a day playing trying to sweet spot those regs, but if not it's headed for a BST.
vector911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM #2
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Only thing I'll comment on is that I've owned 6 Quests, know 3-5 other people that have shot them when I've been at the field, and have yet to ever hear a quiet Quest.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM #3
Demo2222

Demo2222 supports Ninja Paintball
as the new orings in the marker and reg breaks in the fps grouping will get tighter and you'll be able to drop the lpr- that should help with the kick and in turn bounce. Most guns will be loud if you're popping off at 309 fps, but like Miller said quest arent the quietest markers out. def not the loudest though.
Cant really say about the rate of fire thing. Maybe your trigger is set up poorly? I dont know. DM6s' are nice markers in there own right though so to expect the quest to blow it away may be unrealistic.
dont know about the psp thing,
I'd say turn your rate of fire cap down to 20 or 17 see if that helps
Old 08-25-2012, 06:08 PM #4
S/P Impulse
Gun Collector

S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
S/P Impulse supports DLX Technology
S/P Impulse supports Shocker RSX
did you try taking apart the noid and lubing it, sounds like the piston could be hanging up. Whats your input pressure?
S/P Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM #5
Graz

I wouldnt suggest takeing the noid apart unless you kno what you are doing.

Make sure your regs are blanced properly and make sure your trigger is adjusted to your likeing. The quest is known for haveing an amazing stock trigger, better then 90% of the aftermarket triggers on the market and it just needs to be adjusted to your likeing. Its a good idea to break the gun down and relube the entire bolt kit+hpr/lpr regs. Like people said its not going to be any quieter then your DM6 so for get that. and realize its an older spoolvavle. Older spools are not known for there effiency. Juit has some nice mods in this forum to help with effiency but agian dont expect any major changes.

It looks like you bought the quest for the wrong reasons.

If your looking for a spoolvavle that can be purcahsed for under 200 and perform just as good as 1000$+ markers then the quest is the gun for you. If your looking for a very quiet, very efficent spoolvavle, then go buy a luxe or geo3.

☆†☆ Dirty Imp Owners Club ☆†☆

Last edited by Graz : 09-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Graz is offline   Reply With Quote