Somewhere in the Between

has been a member for 10 years

to jesus
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 PM #632
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalDonkey View Post
Thanks. I always like hearing other things and definitely appreciate your experience. The kids who took longer that I know always ****ed up. Not saying they weren't smart, they just made poor decisions and took longer to graduate. It seems you were either misled or did not know what direction to go in. I feel like this is a huge problem with the education system as a whole. Too expensive, 4 years and if you do it longer people look at you weirdly. There needs to be some changes.

I was accepted into 4 Ivy's, attended Tufts University, transferred to a smaller, liberal arts college in NY for personal reasons, recently graduated in the top 40 of my class, scored in the 97% of the MCAT, which is the hardest exam out of any graduate test (LSAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.), and will probably attend a top-20 medical school this next year. I'd say I'm doing things according to plan.
Good luck bro. How much debt will you have after school?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 PM #633
theDJ
puzzling

got another hour before my next class, just hit the school gym and sitting in the library eating my food. so many people hawking me as i feast.

12oz grilled chicken breast
3 turkey sandwiches (fat free mayo ftw, 10kcal/tbs.)
2 cups oats w/ 2 cups skim milk

on the way to the gym i had 2 protein bars and 3 quaker granola bars.

2800kcal from the above, will probably eat a little more when i get home from class @ 9

Last edited by theDJ : 10-08-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM #634
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

So itchy...

Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM #635
]TSS[ Dake
Somewhere in the Between

moar of angus
Old 10-08-2012, 06:20 PM #636
damico

damico is a Supporting Member
damico plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunner55 View Post
damico what does your pops do, you think its too late to work for him?
He has some real estate investments and is a franchisee for an automotive tools company. Actually it's not late at all, I'm probably coming in at a good time because of my age(25). There was no way my dad or his/my customers would have taken me seriously if I was in my late teens/early 20's. It would be hard to sell a $5K tool box to some guy in the city and then actually collect weekly payments from him if I was a couple of years younger.

Just want to add that school has helped my maturity to grow in a tremendous way i.e with money, socially, business practicality, and critical thinking skills.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM #637
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
moar of angus
wat
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM #638
Pump Revolution

BP is 147/61, systolic has gone up since I started doing cardio...lol

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM #639
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by damico View Post
He has some real estate investments and is a franchisee for an automotive tools company. Actually it's not late at all, I'm probably coming in at a good time because of my age(25). There was no way my dad or his/my customers would have taken me seriously if I was in my late teens/early 20's. It would be hard to sell a $5K tool box to some guy in the city and then actually collect weekly payments from him if I was a couple of years younger.

Just want to add that school has helped my maturity to grow in a tremendous way i.e with money, socially, business practicality, and critical thinking skills.
Don't let your age be a determinate as to whether you think you can do most jobs. Unfortunately, people do make those judgements, but when you are selling things to people, especially a 5k toolbox, just show people you are knowledgeable about the products you are selling them and you understand their needs and find them the best product to meet those needs. Good luck!

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 PM #640
shadow1118pimpv.2 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iizmatts View Post
do you go to college?
yes full time job right , now part time student , im taking 2 classes cuz i didnt want to take more lol
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM #641
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1118pimpv.2 View Post
yes full time job right , now part time student , im taking 2 classes cuz i didnt want to take more lol
One credit classes shadow?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM #642
shadow1118pimpv.2 (Banned)

i dont even know what ,that is but one is a 3 credit class and one is 4 credit class at my cc. so if thats what your saying.

and also almond butter is 20x better than peanut butter in every way taste and macro wise.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM #643
Pelto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Where did you go? If not an Ivy, MIT, UChi, CalTech you likely did it wrong.
If you or your family are paying for over half of your grad school then you did it wrong.

If you couldn't score in the 99th %ile on your gmat or lsat or the 96th %ile on your mcat then you ****ed up by applying for grad school imo.

Also I am going to have gone to school (net of time off) for 4.5 years. Though I will graduate with a BS in Accounting, BS in Econ Theory and a minor in mathematics. Am I doing it wrong chem? I am already half way to 18 hours of 4.0s (yes I have a 4.0 in all my classes as of now) and I plan to do the same over the next two semesters with ease. Hence, this extra time will not only give me extra learnings but it will also bring my GPA up. I am even considering financing an extra 3 credit hours per semester myself so I can take 2 semesters of 21 hours.

Last edited by Pelto123 : 10-08-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM #644
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
ITT: Academic Dick Measuring

Genetics.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM #645
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
If you or your family are paying for over half of your grad school then you did it wrong.

If you couldn't score in the 99th %ile on your gmat or lsat or the 96th %ile on your mcat then you ****ed up by applying for grad school imo.

Also I am going to have gone to school (net of time off) for 4.5 years. Though I will graduate with a BS in Accounting, BS in Econ Theory and a minor in mathematics. Am I doing it wrong chem? I am already half way to 18 hours of 4.0s (yes I have a 4.0 in all my classes as of now) and I plan to do the same over the next two semesters with ease. Hence, this extra time will not only give me extra learnings but it will also bring my GPA up. I am even considering financing an extra 3 credit hours per semester myself so I can take 2 semesters of 21 hours.
I could never...

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM #646
]TSS[ Dake
Somewhere in the Between

I am the only student with 100% of possible points in my CS101 class

continue mirin
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM #647
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
Well it's about that time of the month now, isn't it?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM #648
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

If I hadn't enlisted, I would be on track to graduate with a B.A. and certificate program in 3 years. The semester I'm taking off to go to Basic and AIT obviously adds to that. I also need to fulfill my foreign language component (sign language), which will be two full years. Unless I can get part of all of that done during either summer classes or a CC, I will probably be back up to a full 4 years.

I think that $4,500/year of tuition assistance, $800-900/month for housing, and $50k of loan repayment is worth it.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM #649
CobraXX
Klasic

I was under the impression that you don't get BAH in the reserves unless you go active.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 PM #650
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Actually, the more I look into it, the less clear the BAH situation becomes. I'm talking to my recruiter tomorrow anyway; I'll ask him about it.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 PM #651
iizmatts
Me Gusta

iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
i'm excited to see what jobs everyone ends up getting after school

and my parents are paying for my education too, $140k. I go to a really good school, but now that i've been here nearly 4 years and am getting ready to graduate, I realize how I would have been just as well off going to a public university and paying 1/2 as much (or less). I really regret getting my parents to waste money that they could have used for their retirement (even though they were happy to spend it on my education and I work my *** off for them).

BRB university tuitions have outpaced the rate of inflation
BRB degrees have lost their value due to saturation
BRB I will be thankful just to make $40k starting/year
Closed Thread