Community Focus

Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 PM #43
PaintBallMom08

PaintBallMom08 is for the Gunfight
PaintBallMom08 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
What is the fascination with green/lime green? LOL
Joking but its funny that you are like the fourth person that said they really want green.

I am truly lost by this post. If there is a Geo 3? You didnt hear about the release? And why would the release of a Geo 3 now warrant you purchasing a year old Ego?
Lime/slime green ha gotten really popular the last few years, its all presonal preferance. I myself HATE two tone markers. Guess im stuck with getting black like usual

I do miss the good ol days though when planet made solid colorways in gloss.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2012, 11:12 PM #44
murraybryson786

ordered
CP V3 Regulator, & Magnetic trigger kit.
Evil Pipe Kit or Dye UL(depends on what i am feeling like)
Dye Rotor
Atomic CF 68/3000
murraybryson786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:32 PM #45
chiliopelas

chiliopelas owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I saw that it comes with 2 bolts.
Why???
chiliopelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:49 PM #46
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

has been a member for 10 years
aspiderfreak plays in the PSP
aspiderfreak is an NCPA player
aspiderfreak is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
aspiderfreak is a top reviewer
I was given the opportunity to shoot a geo3 at practice today.

I was curious to see what kind of efficiency it would get so I kept track.

Stock shaft 4
SFR set to minimum
Chrono'd at 290
Starting psi 3900
After shooting a z2 (170 balls) and 4 pods (140 balls each) : 1500 psi

That's 730 shots using 2,400 psi.

The shot is smoother than a geo2, though not quite luxe smooth.

I give two thumbs up to PE. It's a super nice marker.
aspiderfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:28 PM #47
patrickusaf08

patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
patrickusaf08 supports DLX Technology
im going to say those effecincey numbers will pick up as the gun gets broken in. I shot a gt today with only one hoppen through it and was as smooth as my luxe. kinda torn on which way to go right now guess ill just hold off till i get to shoot a geo 3
patrickusaf08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM #48
poncee9

poncee9 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poncee9 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
poncee9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
poncee9 supports DLX Technology
So according to those numbers that should yield about 8-9 pods easily..(2400/730=3.2 so 4200 is what i usually fill too at my field sometimes a bit higher so 4200/3.2=1300 and thats around 9.5 pods..) Woow i seriously hope thats what the numbers will be. Not sure if ill pick one up right away but thats definitely an improvement especially if some can tune to 10 pods.

Last edited by poncee9 : 06-17-2012 at 05:40 PM.
poncee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:51 PM #49
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncee9
So according to those numbers that should yield about 8-9 pods easily..(2400/730=3.2 so 4200 is what i usually fill too at my field sometimes a bit higher so 4200/3.2=1300 and thats around 9.5 pods..) Woow i seriously hope thats what the numbers will be. Not sure if ill pick one up right away but thats definitely an improvement especially if some can tune to 10 pods.
Do appreciate him doing the test but I think people need to stop counting pods and start watching the shot counter. That way you get exact numbers

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM #50
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickusaf08 View Post
im going to say those effecincey numbers will pick up as the gun gets broken in.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncee9 View Post
I think bore-sizing the paint would improve the shots per fill as well. I was using a .682 on my luxe, and the stock shaft 4 is a .689 (same paint).

Quote:
Do appreciate him doing the test but I think people need to stop counting pods and start watching the shot counter. That way you get exact numbers
Noted. I'll pay more attention to the shot counter in Chi-town. I'll be pitting for a team using them, so getting that data will be easy.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 AM #51
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiderfreak View Post
I think bore-sizing the paint would improve the shots per fill as well. I was using a .682 on my luxe, and the stock shaft 4 is a .689 (same paint).
Yes. Beta testers have been getting varied results on efficiency - and most of it comes down to paint. Correctly bore-sized paint give the GEO3 greatly increased efficiency. you will notice less increase (though still markedly better) with junky paint or incorrectly matched paint/bore.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:20 PM #52
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Capital Offense View Post
Yes. Beta testers have been getting varied results on efficiency - and most of it comes down to paint. Correctly bore-sized paint give the GEO3 greatly increased efficiency. you will notice less increase (though still markedly better) with junky paint or incorrectly matched paint/bore.
I suspected this to be true. The paint used was GI 3 star. It was pretty good practice paint. If it had been my marker, I'd have tried a deadlywind kit to boresize the paint a little better.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:44 PM #53
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

magilla66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
magilla66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magilla66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magilla66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbull View Post
I will be getting one for sure. Probably fall as I'm recovering from my new CSL buy lol.
MMhm! I know it's hard to shoot two guns at the same time, so...which one will get more play time?
magilla66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 PM #54
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

I always hesitate becoming an early-adopter for anything. If you are always the first to have the latest and greatest things, you also get stuck with all the issues & bugs that are still being worked out. By the time you reach the mid-year production runs, you should be past all the early issues.

Let's face it - rushing to be the first one to own & play with a GEO3 at your field might be a thrill to some, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't have one a month after they release it. They're still going to make them a year from now, so you have all that time to evaluate, consider, and save up money. Meanwhile, building skills with the equipment on hand is still going to make you a better player.

While I may want one right now, I am content to wait about 4-6 months before I make a serious move to buy one (sell off other markers, or save up to buy it outright).
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 PM #55
Soul06

Quote:
Originally Posted by magilla66

MMhm! I know it's hard to shoot two guns at the same time, so...which one will get more play time?
That's the dilemma I shall face as well. And my CSL is only half way broken in

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM #56
bbb1234

bbb1234 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bbb1234 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bbb1234 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by magilla66 View Post
I always hesitate becoming an early-adopter for anything. If you are always the first to have the latest and greatest things, you also get stuck with all the issues & bugs that are still being worked out. By the time you reach the mid-year production runs, you should be past all the early issues.

Let's face it - rushing to be the first one to own & play with a GEO3 at your field might be a thrill to some, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't have one a month after they release it. They're still going to make them a year from now, so you have all that time to evaluate, consider, and save up money. Meanwhile, building skills with the equipment on hand is still going to make you a better player.

While I may want one right now, I am content to wait about 4-6 months before I make a serious move to buy one (sell off other markers, or save up to buy it outright).
bbb1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:32 PM #57
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

Quote:
That's the dilemma I shall face as well. And my CSL is only half way broken in
I'm only 4 cases in on my Ego 11, which I'm using every time I go out now; I hardly ever take out my ETHA (2 cases in since December), my SL94 (okay, this was already broken in by someone else long ago), or my ETEK3 AM (also a used marker prior to my purchase).

Fish or cut bait...fish or cut bait...

Last edited by magilla66 : 06-18-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:55 PM #58
Soul06

Quote:

I'm only 4 cases in on my Ego 11, which I'm using every time I go out now; I hardly ever take out my ETHA (2 cases in since December), my SL94 (okay, this was already broken in by someone else long ago), or my ETEK3 AM (also a used marker prior to my purchase).

Fish or cut bait...fish or cut bait...
For me it's my SLS and CSL. The SLS is the back-up but may become my "stipulation loaner" once I get a Geo 3. But that won't be till like September anyways so I have time

Old 06-19-2012, 10:02 AM #59
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

Both are nice markers you have...I'd really hesitate to loan that SLS off unless I trusted the borrower to treat it properly.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM #60
Soul06

Quote:
Both are nice markers you have...I'd really hesitate to loan that SLS off unless I trusted the borrower to treat it properly.
That's why I said "stipulation" loaner. The stipulation is, 1) I must be present and playing with them and 2) if they break it they bought it.......at $1500. Aint I a stinker lol

Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 AM #61
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by magilla66 View Post

I agree with you in theory...But I would just add that these things are not really "new" and full of bugs by the time they release. PE does really extensive beta testing to make sure to work out all the bugs prior to release...which annoys some because it means longer dwells between gun releases...but I actually think it is fantastic because you know you are getting a solid, trouble free marker by the time it is released.

And I dont know of any beta testers that are having issues with the current GEO3 - these things rock!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 PM #62
strikertwr

I would love to but not sure how it will really proform yet
strikertwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM #63
Tparker0733

Tparker0733 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tparker0733 is an NCPA player
Tparker0733 plays in the APPA D4 division
Tparker0733 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am so getting a Geo3 if I can get my Geo 2 sold...need the extra pods and I think they look sick. Anyone who wants a 2 look in my sig.

I was on the fence between a GT and Geo3 until I saw a Geo 3 release date so soon, then it was a no brainer. The Geo is such a quality marker.
Tparker0733 is offline   Reply With Quote