Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM #1
usafpilot90

Just bought a Save Phace mask

My primary mask is a VForce Grill, and I had no need to buy another mask but I got a good deal on a Save Phace mask that I could not pass up. My first impression, that although it was not one of my favorite masks that I saw online, it was still dead sexy. I could care less that it wasn't rubber, it's all about comfort. It reminded me of a small Profiler, which I loved. When wearing the mask, I was not very impressed. My ears do not hang out, but when worn improperly the retaining clips rub the tops of my ear, and when worn properly, they are sitting on my ear and it is very uncomfortable. I love the foam, I lve the vision, but if those little clips could go away it would be a perfect mask.

It is VERY hard not to look like an idiot with the Save Phace mask, I can't pull it off. And, no, I'm not a little "agglet." If you click the HK link in my sig, you will find that out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2008, 10:55 AM #2
akara13
South West PB

akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
good review and great photo comparison.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 AM #3
motorpsycho
AIR-COOLED

has been a member for 10 years
motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by akara13 View Post
good review and great photo comparison.
indeed i have yet to see them next to a flex though
Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 PM #4
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=48646087

post number 76.

click any one of the pictures for a slide show with different masks on (1 slideshow for each angle)

SP
Dye invisions
Proflex
Flex8
Grillz
Profilers
ER crappy mask.
SameBIG CHIEF - I've met plenty of tools who own a Luxe. Looks like they failed on the tool less aspect.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM #5
ApolloAnton
gettin slizzard

ApolloAnton donated to help Peyton Trent
ApolloAnton owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ApolloAnton supports Team VICIOUS
ApolloAnton is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot90 View Post

It is VERY hard not to look like an idiot with the Save Phace mask, I can't pull it off. And, no, I'm not a little "agglet." If you click the HK link in my sig, you will find that out.
your V-force Grill is pretty agg.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:32 PM #6
usafpilot90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloAnton View Post
your V-force Grill is pretty agg.
Totally Uncut, not the latest version, and smudges all over the lens, dude, it's AGG to the MAX!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:28 PM #7
MCNoobCake
I WIN!!!!!!!

MCNoobCake is playing at Living Legends VI
MCNoobCake has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
they look like **** sry man just my opinion
Old 09-20-2008, 04:59 PM #8
surge101
word

surge101 supports Shocker RSX
I used to want a save phace, but they look really tight on the face and like they could get hot and hinder breathing. That Grill looks so much more comfy.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 PM #9
russianlegion3

it looks like the save phace is pressing on your face pretty hard...but thatas what it looks like to me.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:06 PM #10
EMPIR3 BALL3R
Let the shutter hit that.

i have a savephace, and i talked to the ceo and inventor when i bought it in person. he threw me his spill about how long it took him to develope and how the thermal lenses never fog, but now i realize it was a HUGE mistake. the lens fogs, the masks prohibits breathing, its super small, the mask bounces 5ft in the air when dropped, its got comfy foam though. and its super hard to not look like an idiot while wearing them. i prefer events.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM #11
FNORD
Woodsballer

Well yeah, NO lense can ever TRUELY claim to never fog, because no lense can be guaranteed to always retain it's anti fog coating, and even 2 pane lenses will not withstand the extreme perspiration of the player who sweats a lot, breaths hard, or both.

I've worn my Save Phace at the field on 2 seperate days so far, and so far it's fogged twice, and I have reverted back to the JT. I SOOOO wanted this mask to not fog being that I love the camo paintjob and I don't think the shape of the mask looks silly... I SOOOO want to LOVE this mask.

Alas initial impressions are that it fogs, and doesn't take much to fog. And I gotta come to the conclusion that whatever it is... there's something about the particular lenses I have that are inferior, being that I've worn thermal spectra lenses on the same days which did NOT fog.

And I think you've got a point about breathing too, seems to me the unfortunately reality is, in order to facilitate the cool paintjobs, they've minimised the amount of ventilation holes. Again, compare to the JT and it's inferior. My JT mask is a proflex, and if you know the proflex the thing is FULL of holes. When I wear my JT I don't feel my breath circulating in the immediate space in front of the mouth, but with the save phace I do.

Anyway like I said I love this mask a lot because it's multicam and hence goes with my camo, but if it keeps on fogging like it has been... then well, my opnion will change.