Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-07-2002, 05:46 PM #1
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow Excaliber Review in PGI

I just got my new PGI yesterday, there's a really good review of the Excaliber in it. It's a decent good review, although they kinda knock the speed of the gun and the price. I'd imagine you'll see the review pop up at www.p8ntballer.com in about a month or so. I can probably scan the article if you guys REALLY wanted me to.

L8
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2002, 06:25 PM #2
Ic3Floe

SCAN PLEaSE!
Old 02-07-2002, 08:49 PM #3
Jonny

pshwaaaa!!!

You guyes are going to get slammed with copywright laws. Do you know how bad that it!?!?!?!

Awww geezs I spilled my crack on my Ak-47.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:16 PM #4
BlitzPA9

hahaha, what!
Old 02-08-2002, 04:25 PM #5
timebomb
the missing link

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
timebomb owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
ARGGHHH!!! Still no new PGI!@#!@#

I can't wait to read it, PGI is usually sub-par in the review category, but top notch when making articles, so I usually skip the reviews, but I'll be sure to read this one

Mike
Old 02-08-2002, 06:08 PM #6
Dem0n697

All reviews...

All reviews are generally sub-par...APG lol...they gave the BE Blade a good review :-P Hopefully it was a good review though! cant wait to see it!
Old 02-10-2002, 10:29 PM #7
BlitzPA9

I'd consider PGI and FaceFull to be on a completely different level than APG. Most of PGI's reviews are done by Ravi Chopra, who I'd consider to be one of the more indepth reviewers out there.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:53 PM #8
djmjohan

who wrote that review?

I hope it was Ravi. I asked him a long time ago about reviewing the Excal. Long story short, I hope he managed to get one via PGI...
Old 02-10-2002, 11:17 PM #9
BlitzPA9

Justin Owen, unfortunately it wasn't Ravi that did the review.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:58 AM #10
timebomb
the missing link

I liked the part about, "you'll be able to get a good 1000 usable shots from this marker" hahahahaha.. he had a freak and a crossfire on his gun and he didn't know why it was inefficent

Just thought that was humorous. All in all the review was pretty good, didn't really review much of the gun and the different aspects to it, nor did he get into how it works.. but I guess you can't ask for much more.

Mike
Old 02-22-2002, 12:30 AM #11
triple-c
Beastin' it Up

triple-c is a founding member
Just curious, but how would a crossfire be ineffecient?
Old 02-22-2002, 12:57 AM #12
timebomb
the missing link

When you have a LP gun, and run a preset, you can't drain your tank all the way, you'll be limited to the set output pressure of the preset, ie. 800psi, past that it doesn't shoot as good, you'll experience dropoff and so forth. So therefore, you're limited to the # of shots before you reach 800psi, that is why when you run a tank gas thru, you'll get better air efficency.

Mike
Old 02-22-2002, 08:53 AM #13
triple-c
Beastin' it Up

triple-c is a founding member
oh-

I was wondering because I was going to get their new LP ones, 450 output pressure, thanx for clearing that up for me!
Old 04-01-2002, 04:52 PM #14
Dremel

That was actually my Excal

That Excal that Justin reviewed was mine. I sent it back to AKA and had them go through it and make sure everything was timed right. So I know it was operating correctly. Justin is actually a pretty good friend of mine. With that said I wasn't too impressed with his review. I will give Justin the benefit of the doubt because he was only given about a week and half with the gun before he sent it to England to have the pictures made.

I have since put a MAXFLO system on it and my shot count has increased. I played in LA at the NPPL last month and shot seven 1450 rd pods plus the hopper and didn't run out of air nor did I see any drop in range or velocity.

I have owned two angels, two shockers, one Tribal, and countless cockers. I never really kept a gun more than about six months except for my original cocker (sentimental you know). I have never ever owned a gun that felt, shot, or was as dependable as my Excal.

THANKS AKA
Old 04-01-2002, 07:45 PM #15
Ov3rmind

timebomb: How do you think the efficiency will be with the new LP Crossfires? The reason being that I'm either getting a Viking or LP Cocker this Summer, and I don't think I'll be able to afford an adjustable tank. For a barrel, I'll be using a Freak. I know it's not the most efficient choice for LP guns, but with the right insert (tightest fit I can afford with the given paint), and 10" in length, the Freak won't be too bad. Also, if you would not suggest a Freak, what kind of 10" barrel would you suggest for a setup like this (I prefer inserts too. Multiple barrels just gets too expensive)? Thx.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:47 PM #16
CEO

barrel quest

For a barrel, I'll be using a Freak. I know it's not the most efficient choice for LP guns, but with the right insert (tightest fit I can afford with the given paint), and 10" in length, the Freak won't be too bad. Also, if you would not suggest a Freak, what kind of 10" barrel would you suggest for a setup like this (I prefer inserts too. Multiple barrels just gets too expensive)? Thx.

I have been using products from J & J for 5 years now. Our team is using the multipule system that is now available from J & J.

We are very happy with the set.

CEO
Old 04-02-2002, 02:01 AM #17
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Quote:
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
timebomb: How do you think the efficiency will be with the new LP Crossfires? The reason being that I'm either getting a Viking or LP Cocker this Summer, and I don't think I'll be able to afford an adjustable tank. For a barrel, I'll be using a Freak. I know it's not the most efficient choice for LP guns, but with the right insert (tightest fit I can afford with the given paint), and 10" in length, the Freak won't be too bad. Also, if you would not suggest a Freak, what kind of 10" barrel would you suggest for a setup like this (I prefer inserts too. Multiple barrels just gets too expensive)? Thx.
Get the Equation barrel. They are going to make a 10in version of the Bizerk and its only 90 bux with 3 inserts. Cant beat the price.

You can buy additional inserts for like 20 bux. They are made of SS and are teflon coated.