Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 AM #1
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What could make the sport bigger

Hey I was thinking if there's one thing that could make the sport of painbtall mainstream or at least generate more revinue and interst is if you guys could develop an easy way or even an exclusive way to gamble on the pro league. You'd have more people caring and following the league cause now they have a personal stake in it. And if it was done exclusively through a nppl site from vegas they could charge for a number of things that would create a new revenue stream. Don't think of the negative aspects but actuly how much fun it would be looking for roumers and who's hot and all the things that make other sports so much fun to follow besides just local pride. To do this you need to create stats both for teams and individuals. Seriously let's have a positive discussion about these ideas and have some fun with it. Thanks for listening, discuss.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
HostileIntent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 PM #2
scadreau

scadreau plays in the USPL
scadreau plays in the PSP
scadreau supports Cereal Killerz 2
scadreau plays in the APPA D4 division
The Vegas event it could be possible. The Riviera's sports book might be down to allow action. The biggest problem you face is an "expert" to set the lines. You also have the problem of controlling players/teams fixing games.

If Team A knows they are going to win enough to go to Sunday, they could drop a game against a weak opponent while betting against themselves.

You could do tournament winner betting to take care of the fixed games.
scadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:29 PM #3
Chadt88

this in no way shape or form would help the sport. the way to enlarge and bring paintball into the mainstream is to make it affordable, exciting to watch,put it on tv. up the payouts so the pros CAN make a living playing and then the fans will buy in. and every little Johnny will want to be a pro paintball player
Chadt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 PM #4
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
Is bigger necessarily better? What if we just strive to make it sustainable and more stable?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 PM #5
darkhorizon
well...

darkhorizon plays in the PSP
darkhorizon supports Team VICIOUS
darkhorizon supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadt88 View Post
this in no way shape or form would help the sport. the way to enlarge and bring paintball into the mainstream is to make it affordable, exciting to watch,put it on tv. up the payouts so the pros CAN make a living playing and then the fans will buy in. and every little Johnny will want to be a pro paintball player
should be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadt88 View Post
this in no way shape or form would help the sport. the way to enlarge and bring paintball into the mainstream is to make it affordable, exciting to watch,put it on tv. Up the margins so the fields CAN make a living operating and then the fans will buy in becasue there will be more stability in the sport. and every little Johnny will want to be a pro paintball player

Project Mayhem

Happy Birthday
Bring back uncapped semi....

PX
darkhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 PM #6
Chadt88

darkhorizon-
totaly agree with that also
Chadt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:29 PM #7
A_RAB

A players union

A legit players union would help the sport of paintball a lot. if we all had a union we could force better sponsorship, start using local fields for nation wide events, and generally make it easier to play the sport and compete at any level.
A_RAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 AM #8
Miss-Stress

HostileIntent,your idea is far from crazy and will be entering the paintball scene this season .
There is a huge story about this new Gig to come out in few weeks
You will remember when you read it and think : that is what I was talking about
Miss-Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM #9
hky29
J

sorry but paintball will never get big it sucks big time, the thing about the gambling thing is no one will gamble because of the reffing and people cheating. it sucks
hky29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 AM #10
Miss-Stress

Not talking about gambling what so ever but fantasy league.
as for the officiating and cheating ,this will change in the near future.
paintball has reach a point where changes are needed ,the technology today allows for new directions ,new roads are opening in this sport .
I will not even try to make you believe,you will soon have a chance to make up your own mind after looking at the full picture .
Old 12-04-2009, 06:40 AM #11
hky29
J

Smile

cool. cant wait
hky29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:28 PM #12
A_RAB

union!!!!!!!!!!!!
A_RAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:06 PM #13
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thanks guys. Yeah I just wanted to see if some out of the box thinking could make our sport more legit. I've been counting the days till when I can compete again and when I found out from people that the leagues are diff and went bankrupt I was shocked. I guess I shouldn't be cause the economy but still if there was some outside money comming in it couldn't hurt. A fantasy leagues would be pimp too but we need player stats and something stronger in place keeping teams honest. Thx for all replies keep the talk comming.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
HostileIntent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 AM #14
PaintballPat723
earn it

PaintballPat723 plays in the PSP
PaintballPat723 is an NCPA player
PaintballPat723 plays in the APPA D5 division
a pro union offering things like benefits/ health insurance would help to keep around pros that have to struggle with paintball and jobs that actually pay enough to live on.
TRUST
PaintballPat723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:37 AM #15
Miss-Stress

to run a fantasy league ,you need a new format that allows for it .
scoring system need to be like hockey ,before you say I am nuts ,just keep a open mind .

I bet you know of a kid that was one of the best and quit playing over financial reason before anyone knew his name
We all do

I knew kids that where as a good as pros but no one gave them credit for it .
He was just the product of good players around him ,they said

What if He was the one making others better ?

in a a new scoring system like you will see shortly ,kids out of no where will get credited instantly for there work and washed up superstars that only ride there names will be exposed

just imagine the NHL scoring leader listing
If you see a rookie in the top 10 ,will you think he is only the product of a good team or will you have to face the fact he is a amazing player?

now kids that will look at the starting fantasy team this week and see his name on 50% of the teams ,Will know he made it and everyone will notice him
this could open doors for financial compensation to switch on a other team .

as for the union
PaintballPat723 is close to what it need to be ,but what is being discussed now will be much more powerful and will become a useful tool to the players
2010 is going to be the year of changes
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM #16
Chris_and_a_1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-Stress View Post
to run a fantasy league ,you need a new format that allows for it .
scoring system need to be like hockey ,before you say I am nuts ,just keep a open mind .

I bet you know of a kid that was one of the best and quit playing over financial reason before anyone knew his name
We all do

I knew kids that where as a good as pros but no one gave them credit for it .
He was just the product of good players around him ,they said

What if He was the one making others better ?

in a a new scoring system like you will see shortly ,kids out of no where will get credited instantly for there work and washed up superstars that only ride there names will be exposed

just imagine the NHL scoring leader listing
If you see a rookie in the top 10 ,will you think he is only the product of a good team or will you have to face the fact he is a amazing player?

now kids that will look at the starting fantasy team this week and see his name on 50% of the teams ,Will know he made it and everyone will notice him
this could open doors for financial compensation to switch on a other team .

as for the union
PaintballPat723 is close to what it need to be ,but what is being discussed now will be much more powerful and will become a useful tool to the players
2010 is going to be the year of changes
What? Youre saying you cant have a PB fantasy league because of the scoring system? It could easily be done. PSP is already taking down statistics of pro players/games. So, you could base it off the players kills per match, flag hangs, 1 v.1 or 1 v. 2 wins, some bull**** like that. It could be legit.
Chris_and_a_1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 PM #17
Miss-Stress

sorry ,not what I met ,PSP might be able to do it if they want
I just think a fantasy league like Hockey is much better as it is simple .
when you start to use kills ,flag hang and live bodies it complicate things .

complicate seem to be what has prevented paintball to step to a new level
But what ever PSP does, seem to be going good for them
I wish them the best in this fantasy journey if they chose to go there
I feel it could help exposed there league
Old 12-05-2009, 12:54 PM #18
Chris_and_a_1/2

I just dont see your point. Change what the a hockey system? The format of play, the scoring system, what? I dont see how it would complicate things by giving out fantasy points for the things i mentioned, especially if PSP is already keeping track of those stats.
Chris_and_a_1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM #19
acgt1

I think that what we should do is try to get some positive media attention. You know, having teams volunteer at their local senior citizen homes, help the mentally and/or physically disabled, and go to local fields and youth groups and community centers and try to prove the legitimacy of this fabulous sport! Show that sure, some people have abused paintball guns, but there is legitimacy! The people who abuse paintball guns are usually crazy and have bad bacgrounds, and further more, that 99% of the people who own paintball guns are normal and can control themselves! That's what this sport needs!

Walk onto the field, it doesnt matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there, your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth, live it, love it, Paintball for life!!! and we play this game to shoot, kill, and WIN!!!!

93% of teenagers have switched to rap music. If you are in the 7% who still rock out everyday put this in your sig.
acgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 AM #20
acgt1

I also agree with Chadt88's original comment, however I do believe though that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE gambling on paintball to some degree could POTENTIALLY help

Walk onto the field, it doesnt matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there, your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth, live it, love it, Paintball for life!!! and we play this game to shoot, kill, and WIN!!!!

93% of teenagers have switched to rap music. If you are in the 7% who still rock out everyday put this in your sig.
acgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote