PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM #22
Mispeld
Spell Check?

Mispeld is for the Gunfight
Am I the only one who find the approximately 40 years in the business just a little off?
Mispeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 PM #23
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VII
Rubbr Chickin supports Ninja Paintball
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
His first and only post was an ad. probably a spambot, especially since paintball didnt start until what, the eighties?
Rubbr Chickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM #24
Mispeld
Spell Check?

81, which is why I brought it up lol.
Mispeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:48 PM #25
MatManiac19

MatManiac19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
MatManiac19 supports Team VICIOUS
Keep what you have! With all those upgrades, it is almost as good as a phenom or a5!
MatManiac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 AM #26
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatManiac19 View Post
Keep what you have! With all those upgrades, it is almost as good as a phenom or a5!
almost correct. You wont see a big difference between your marker and a A5, well maybe with the phenom, but mainly it will be just the idea of having a phenom more than a 98.
Stick with your marker. you have it all.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 PM #27
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

Having played with every gun Tippmann makes, in my opinion there really isn't a big difference between them, they shoot the same. The only real improvement would be getting a Phenom or a Crossover. You can go with the Milsim look of the Phenom then you could swap your upgraded cyclone into it, also it'll be more air efficient than your 98. The other option is the relatively slim Crossover, its pretty much a stripped down Phenom without a cyclone so you would need to buy an electronic loader if you tend to shoot a lot, or you could use your original 98 hopper if you have that laying around.
I know the Crossover goes for $200-350 on here used and they are relatively new. I have seen the Phenom cost in the same range but they're in a more used condition.
If you really like how your gun is preforming then stick with it.
DAJUICE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:37 PM #28
(dr)

1. Keep your setup
2. Use the money to play the sport
3. Thank me later
4. Profit
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:38 AM #29
BLACK DEATH118
S.P.E.A.R.

BLACK DEATH118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BLACK DEATH118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i say get the Phenom it will work great on co2 if u need it to and it alot more user friendly then the 98 ever could be plus you will be able to transfer over most of the upgrades you have bought already but the internal ones i did it myself a few yrs back and have never regretted it. since you play woodsball too i would recommend you look at the mechanical one too right now you can get the special assault edition cheap.
X7 phenom Mech
BLACK DEATH118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 AM #30
Zeldar(parker)

The only thing that it sounds like you could improve on that 98 of yours is either polish up the insides (google knows how to get that done right) should help smooth out your air flow and i felt helped a lot with sound and getting a few more balls down range per tank.. and if you're looking for some more head shots a barrel sizer kit and barrel combo... However, i haven't looked into sizer kits for the 98.. Iv got an old quite riot barrel for my 98 love it(if you can find one anymore)... also have an x7 and x7 phenom... Lots of good after market barrels for those threads.. And the phenom gets tons of shots per a tank like kinda creepy number... For a tippmann that is... To sum it up.. Upgrades? I reff at home field here and i can take people out with egos and your fancy shinys with the tippmann rental... So really if you could tell me
Zeldar(parker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 AM #31
Zeldar(parker)

Just what you think your boom stick ant doing right i could try to help you more
Zeldar(parker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM #32
EliteGeek91
I'ma 'Bout My Bizniz

EliteGeek91 is BST Trusted
EliteGeek91 is playing at Living Legends VI
EliteGeek91 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
EliteGeek91 supports Team VICIOUS
EliteGeek91 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxerexx View Post
The only tippmann you should consider is the phenom (or crossover if interested in the style). If you do the main two benefits will be air efficiency and better shot to shot consistency. If those don't matter to you then don't worry about it.
BS. 98c's are the Honda's of paintball guns. Can't bash them!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM #33
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqualeGanouche
Hey forum, new to pbnation and glad to be here!
Well I have a tippmann 98 custom with several upgrades; cyclone feed, response trigger, remote line, 12" lapco bigshot, apex 2, tippmann stock, and other upgrades but the dnt mess with performance.
So my question is, would upgrading to a better tippmann be a great improvement or is what I have just as good with all the upgrades?

I should mention I play mainly rec and woodsball and I will be running off CO2. I'm open to all suggestion and comments Sen aside from tippmann products!

Thanks!
Honestly your current setup is great! In terms of upgrading to a Tippmann, I would not go to any of the mechanicals like the phenom, a-5 etc. Those markers are roughly in the same class range with the exception of aesthetic versatility. If you really like the brand and want an upgrade, the Crossover is in my opinion, your best option since it's performance will truly be a positive and different experience than what you are currently playing with. Even maybe making your 98 electric is a good option for an upgraded paintball experience.