Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2008, 06:52 PM #1
AustonnTexas

NPPL Championship 09 Review

Okay guys well this game, is kind of a let down. But still is pretty fun.

When I first got the game, put it in and started right up with the Career Mode. Getting used to the game takes a little while, but after playing through a few tourneys I finally figured out that you could use the right bumper as a trigger to. So I have just been playing through the career and am almost finished /w amatuer. It is a very fun game, but very repetitive. I mean this is for the true paintball fan. If you are hoping for something like Call of Duty then you will be dissapointed. I have heard that Xbox Live is terrible, because of the party system. But I really dont care about that. As long as I get to play against other people online and enjoy the game thats all that matter to me.

Overall, good game. Definately could be better, but hey theres always next year. But if you are a paintball fan, I still say buy this game. Its pretty fun running around in pro mode killing some dynasty players....

Overall 7/10
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 PM #2
dyelover66

has been a member for 10 years
I would have to kind of agree with what you said. I got it yesterday after a 3 hour trip to the mall, which is usually 15 minutes... gg black friday... and i expected it to be a more realistic playability but it is a LOT like greg hastings. The graphics are much better, the music blows, when you snap shoot you cant keep a snap while moving, it jerks you back and forth pretty much. There isn't really much content in the game it seems like, i went from amatuer to semi-pro in one night, and tonight i will probably complete the entire game and try out some online stuff. Overall though, i'd give it a 6/10

Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 PM #3
SmrtPrtsIon101
^I hate my name^

SmrtPrtsIon101 helped look for balloons
SmrtPrtsIon101 is playing at Living Legends III
SmrtPrtsIon101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SmrtPrtsIon101 supports Team VICIOUS
Agreed, I think it does get repetitive if you play it too much in one day.... I find if I drop it, and than come back to it the next day it's like a new fun game. Online is alot of fun also and with people signing up for gamebattles there would be alot of fun tourney's, but yeah good reveiw, if it was up to me I'd give it a 8/10

EDIT: Graphics get a 10/10 , they are GREAT
Old 11-29-2008, 07:22 PM #4
rougespear

i wish you could play up to 4 people on one system, its still a pretty decent game
Old 11-29-2008, 07:23 PM #5
SmrtPrtsIon101
^I hate my name^

Yeah co/op and split screen would be a great addition to this game.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:31 PM #6
Baller4life696

id fart if they added split screen that would make me have diarrhea
Old 11-29-2008, 07:43 PM #7
SmrtPrtsIon101
^I hate my name^

orly?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:41 AM #8
AustonnTexas

Yeah I was actually pretty dissapointed with the non split screen multiplayer. I thought that would be a pretty good add.

Played online for the first time today. Thought it was alright. I mean you get to play against other people which is fun, get to play paintball, get to talk S&*%, what else do you need . Thing that I really didnt like was the whole lobby part. I mean you have to wait till the teams are "even". But with people going in and out every like 2 seconds, and people hitting ready and then not ready, it took me a while in some games to get it started. Other than that it was alright, I mean nothing like COD4 or any of the other shooters. But still good. I mean this game definately beats greg hastings.

But did you guys hear about Greg Hastings and how they are making a new game in 09 for 360. They announced it as so:

Quote:
Press Release for GHTP2

Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball 2
Hits in 2009

SEATTLE, WA. (November 14, 2008) - Greenwave proudly announces Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball 2 (GHTP2), a new first person shooter capturing the sick intensity and incredibly unique game play of paintball - the Sport of Combat.

The Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball video game franchise will again impress dedicated gamers and paintball players alike who are looking for speed, strategy and skill in their next console shooter. GHTP 2 will launch on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in 2009. Other game platforms will be announced at a future date.

Set on the most realistic paintball battlefields, and utilizing distinct paintball formats, including 7 Man, 10 Man Woodsball, and Scenario play, GHTP2 will push the envelope of technology, showcasing artificial intelligence, graphics, physics and animations that fully embrace the true nature and realism of competition paintball. Gamers will take on real teams and earn their ranks in real leagues. On the road to becoming a champion in tournament speedball, woodsball and scenario tournaments, gamers will have an incredible array of paintball weaponry at their disposal, well beyond just paintball markers.

“GHTP has been in the top 10 on Xbox LIVE and critically acclaimed by world champion gamers, so I’m very excited to deliver another hit paintball shooter,” said Greg Hastings, long time professional player, 21 year paintball veteran, and deeply involved in the development of the GHTP franchise since its inception. “We are coding specifically for Xbox 360 and each other console, so you won’t see a substandard port here. Paintball is one of the fastest sports in the world, so I insist that our entire dev team become proficient at paintball. Once again, GHTP2 will thoroughly surprise you.”

Utilizing an all new proprietary engine, the much anticipated GHTP sequel will bring new, high-definition life into the GHTP franchise. With heavy emphasis on team management, growth of individual skills, choice of path through game, and fun paintball oriented game play, GHTP2 represents Greg Hastings’ and Greenwave’s continued commitment to deliver a unique shooter experience. GHTP2 is not yet rated.

“Making this game is a fun process,” said Oliver Lang, Captain of the World Champion Ironmen. “It’s very easy to see that this is authentic paintball. The more you make your character play smart paintball and by articulating your character’s body movements and positioning correctly, the more you’ll blast your opponents in the face. I have a pretty big character role in this game, so I’m having fun.”

The first GHTP video game launched on Xbox in 2004. Within a short time, the game’s unique and high speed game play established a following in the gamer and paintball communities. GHTP earned positive reviews, including a nomination by Gamespot for “Most Surprisingly Good Game of 2004.” With the interest and support of gamers and paintball players, GHTP achieved Platinum status on Xbox and reached Top 10 on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network.
Hopefully it will be a step up from the older version and maybe, just maybe be taken seriously and be made way more realistic. If so they can definately make a contender to NPPL. I mean they have NPPL to work off of now, just make a better game and make us all happy .
Old 11-30-2008, 11:05 AM #9
skydiver101

my main problem with the game is the matches go by to fast and the AI kinda sucks.why would you run backwards to a back bunker when you hve good field psosition lol.and my own teammates keep running up into my bunker and getting in my way.

graphics are awesome tho and its still fun
Old 11-30-2008, 11:07 AM #10
XSV44 (Banned)

XSV44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XSV44 supports Team VICIOUS
i got a game for sell only used for 15min if any 1 want to buy it lmk
Old 11-30-2008, 11:22 AM #11
NB_Paintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSV44 View Post
i got a game for sell only used for 15min if any 1 want to buy it lmk
Dujde, you have to play it for longer than 15 mins to make a decision. Try playing it for a few hours, than sell it.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 PM #12
Gutless

Greg hastings tournament paintball 2 better be for the F***ing ps3, I am going to s*** on my brother if it is not
That's my 2 cents peace out
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth...live it...love it...Paintball 4 life.." Matty Marshal
(quote found by magman687)
Old 12-01-2008, 12:03 AM #13
pbLanzy
Triple Stacked

pbLanzy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbLanzy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbLanzy supports DLX Technology
this game sux, the matchs dont even last 30 seconds, your team mates do all the work, and the AI your agianist is hardly doing anything
Old 12-01-2008, 10:35 AM #14
88SkinnyBryan88
ENIGMA!!

worst paintball game to come out ever

Grasscity.GlassDistrict
Old 12-01-2008, 02:23 PM #15
Sochasky
Brickhouse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SkinnyBryan88 View Post
worst paintball game to come out ever
haha you say that like there has been alot of them. So that's not saying much.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM #16
Pballer-Mike94 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochasky View Post
haha you say that like there has been alot of them. So that's not saying much.
but thats saying alot a 09 game worse then previous games in past years kinda makes me laugh
Old 12-01-2008, 08:54 PM #17
bman427

Only for 360 GHTP 2....
I hope it fails, since I can't play it . You would think they would make it for ps3, because it comes closer to a double trigger.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM #18
jamiekerr14

NO GHTP2 FOR PS3!!!WTF that's crazy....
Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 PM #19
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
Read it again...

It says they will announce the other consoles at a later date.
It also says that they aren't just switching the port, they are coding specifically for each console.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

Old 12-02-2008, 06:15 AM #20
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman427 View Post
Only for 360 GHTP 2....
I hope it fails, since I can't play it . You would think they would make it for ps3, because it comes closer to a double trigger.
That's not true at all. Please dont spread incorrect information.

Greg simply said that each system is being coded independant so you dont have to expect poor ports for each one. The XB360 one is being released first, and others to come after that.

From the press release: http://community.ghtp.net/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1162
Quote:
“We are coding specifically for Xbox 360 and each other console"
Quote:
GHTP 2 will launch on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in 2009. Other game platforms will be announced at a future date.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 PM #21
Mattical Attack
Mug Mug Mug

this game is terrible, read the reviews, decided against them, and bought it. wow. hate it. i heard that you could actually bunker someone in this game, BULL ****!!! i go to bunker someone and they circle around the bunker, no matter how many team mates i have either, he still doesnt get hit!!!! dont buy this game.

XBOXLIVE:ThriveOnFailure-play me in nhl 10!