Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2008, 03:35 PM #44
FKH Army
You don't have to ask!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [insert funny name] View Post
Wow thats alot of negative things to say, or it may just be realistic. But i dont think new players will spends 3 times as much at a proshop as regular players. sure internet might take away some profit but most players like to feel and see that products before they buy them.
Funny, I left out alot of the negatives.

The average new player will buy an entry level gun, a mask, loaders and maybe a set of jerseys. After playing awhile, they usually upgrade their gun, buy bigger packs, better goggles, and misc toys. After that, they tend to buy over the internet, sometimes direct from the factory, or at big venues where dealers offer deep discounts. Most stores can't stock every newest, greatest item because new models are constatly coming out. Plus players can see and sometimes feel the new items when someone they play with/against gets a new toy. Not to mention the fact the mark ups on the entry level equipment are alot higher than the high dollar items.

I think we are starting to stray off topic.

Eliminating people, one hopper at a time!

But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game.
FKH Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:10 PM #45
[insert funny name]
*random thoughts occur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseboy View Post
Why did this dude get banned.
I dont know, thats what im trying to figure out.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:47 PM #46
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseboy View Post
Why did this dude get banned.
He had a bunch of feedback, but it was "all" teammates, and none of the feedback mentioned they were local trades, which is required by the rules.

And FKH Army just scratched the surface of the "speed bumps" that face anyone opening a field, let alone an Indoor field. And he makes many good points about the Oklahoma Paintball market, but the issues he notes that have caused the downfall of [indoor] fields here, are the same things that cause the downfall of fields everywhere.

Trust me I've spent the last 2 years trying to figure out how to open a field in Tulsa, and it is a hard slap in the face when you start learning the realities of the industry. It isn't impossible, but it is tough.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".

Last edited by generalee72 : 01-26-2008 at 05:56 PM.
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:33 PM #47
pimp3leet
FeartheBeard

If this happens, please..PLEASE! Make sure you get good air fills. I hate this 2000 bull**** everywhere you go now.
pimp3leet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:32 PM #48
abcd205

I'm sticking with FKH army in this discussion. Oklahoma is not the place to look for opening an indoor field. The outdoor part, yes, will help but the ability to run it both is highly doubtful. I think he will be the one who's able to provide you everything you need to know. There are reasons almost all of the indoors closed down with the exception of rapid fire because they just opened and most of the reason they closed are the same. I don't believe it's worth your time or money to be honest.
abcd205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:28 AM #49
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

UNDRPRVLGD_V2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D1 division
Thanks for all the feedback

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:20 AM #50
Bunker Monkey794266

I think if this is your dream and you have the finances to do it, then go for it!
Just make sure and do your research. Checking out the top feilds across the country is an excellent idea. Talk with the owners, find out what works and what doesn't. And try to incorporate the best idea's in your business. the key is around the country, advise locally may be biased based on them not wanting to compete with you. Most of all believe in yourself and your abilities only you can determine if you will be sucessfull! Good Luck, and remember the saying, "if you build it they will come."
Bunker Monkey794266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 AM #51
Chris w/RapidFire PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd205 View Post
I'm sticking with FKH army in this discussion. Oklahoma is not the place to look for opening an indoor field. The outdoor part, yes, will help but the ability to run it both is highly doubtful. I think he will be the one who's able to provide you everything you need to know. There are reasons almost all of the indoors closed down with the exception of rapid fire because they just opened and most of the reason they closed are the same. I don't believe it's worth your time or money to be honest.
Rapid Fire hasn't closed - and the reason I am able to make it is because I own 4 other companies. I lose about 3-4 thousand a month at the moment, but I can afford it. I have spent $250,000 on Rapid Fire and I already owned the building. After all the work that I have done, the tournament players are still not happy and they don't want to spend any money to play, so you can't make the improvements they want. I will succeed at running a paintball business, only because I need the tax break.
Chris w/RapidFire PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM #52
shocker4life03
OKC Militia

shocker4life03 plays in the PSP
shocker4life03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shocker4life03 supports Team VICIOUS
shocker4life03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if you want to do it go for it. things to keep in mind that players will like..
1. GOOD Lighting
2. 4500 air fills
3. Clean playing surface (as in not to slick)
4. Clean bunkers (its not fun playing a bunker when you come out of it looking like you went swimming)
5. Variety of fields for the rec players
just my $.02
Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM #53
I love pancakes
Team Adrenaline not a 2k7

please fill up to 4500 too i hate when they say they do and then they fill to like 2kcuase then u have to refill like after 4 games
.You gas up the marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it... paintball.
=SETUP=
PMR,FREAK KIT,EMPIRE B2, 68/45, PROTO JERSEY AND PANTS,JT FLEX8 EMPIRE SS 4+5 PACK
I love pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:16 PM #54
I love pancakes
Team Adrenaline not a 2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodskilla View Post
lighting i think is the most important for an indoor feild. i would protect them with removable plexi glass. so you could take it out and clean it and still protect the lights.

and i would look into the mustang area for places for the indoor. because it isn't that far off the city and a highway leads you right into the center of mustang.

just my 2 cents
im with woodskilla ure have a local team out there every weekend if u didnt plus about 15 steady customers a weeks end sunday and saturday ... atleast 15 maybe 20my team will be there if its in mustand and if its in okc pm me when its open i wanna come
.You gas up the marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it... paintball.
=SETUP=
PMR,FREAK KIT,EMPIRE B2, 68/45, PROTO JERSEY AND PANTS,JT FLEX8 EMPIRE SS 4+5 PACK
I love pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 PM #55
FKH Army
You don't have to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Monkey794266 View Post
advise locally may be biased based on them not wanting to compete with you...

"if you build it they will come."
Funny, I have no interest in any field, I was simply pointing out the facts. Go ahead and ignore history. Remember, what works in other markets may not work here.

Fields of Dreams, what about the last three indoor fields in OKC. Did they come there, and support them? NOPE!

Finally, I'm declaring Shenanigans!

UNDRPRVLGD is 24 and has no clue what he's getting into. Sounds like he's not even in state or plans to be anytime soon. Kinda hard to find the right place when your on the east coast. But I could be wrong, and if he does open an indoor, remember check back here and I'll be running the pool for how long before the doors close.

Peace out my Peoples.

Eliminating people, one hopper at a time!

But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game.
FKH Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 AM #56
abcd205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris w/RapidFire PB View Post
Rapid Fire hasn't closed - and the reason I am able to make it is because I own 4 other companies. I lose about 3-4 thousand a month at the moment, but I can afford it. I have spent $250,000 on Rapid Fire and I already owned the building. After all the work that I have done, the tournament players are still not happy and they don't want to spend any money to play, so you can't make the improvements they want. I will succeed at running a paintball business, only because I need the tax break.
I never said rapid fire close. Read it again. I said with the exception of rapid fire.
abcd205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM #57
Bunker Monkey794266

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKH Army View Post
Funny, I have no interest in any field, I was simply pointing out the facts. Go ahead and ignore history. Remember, what works in other markets may not work here.

Fields of Dreams, what about the last three indoor fields in OKC. Did they come there, and support them? NOPE!

Finally, I'm declaring Shenanigans!

UNDRPRVLGD is 24 and has no clue what he's getting into. Sounds like he's not even in state or plans to be anytime soon. Kinda hard to find the right place when your on the east coast. But I could be wrong, and if he does open an indoor, remember check back here and I'll be running the pool for how long before the doors close.

Peace out my Peoples.
I wasn't directing that at anyone in paticular. Just stating that local field owners might not be encouraging to someone after their business.
I'm a business owner,(not PB related) and starting out I received alot of negative advise. All the stats of how new busnesses fail in the first five years BS. But I was determined to be my own boss. I've been in business for 18yrs and have found my niche in a very competitive market. I believe with the right management,marketing,location, amenities and lease or purchase agreement. There is no reason he can not be successful. I know he will have my business. I hope it's legit because I would love to see it happen. It would be great for Ok paintballers.

Last edited by Bunker Monkey794266 : 01-29-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Bunker Monkey794266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM #58
Chris w/RapidFire PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd205 View Post
I never said rapid fire close. Read it again. I said with the exception of rapid fire.
No big deal, but if you will read the last two lines it sounds like you said I closed. You said "THEY JUST OPENED AND MOST OF THE REASON THEY CLOSED ARE THE SAME" I just don't want people to get confused on whether I am open or closed.
Thanks
Chris
Chris w/RapidFire PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:52 AM #59
Ryan Gray

Ryan Gray is a Professional paintball player
Ryan Gray plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback
You are welcome to call me for information or to discuss statistics anytime. I can be reached at 8565038886.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 PM #60
Willtapeforfood

Well, just for kicks, although it may be a topic for another thread:

WHY won't indoor paintball work here? Is it demographics, i.e. not enough? Is it the fact that an indoor field is size limited? Is it that OK probably has more woodsball-minded folks, and not as many airball/x-ball whatever fanatics, who might be less averse to play inside? If it has NEVER worked, there IS a reason.

I personally would LOVE to drive 10 mins and be playing. Unless it were indoor, zoning precludes this I imagine. But I could see how, even in a big building, you could only make so many people happy with the layout and would be limited on the configuration.

There are 3 out of business big-box stores within a mile of me, and all I can think is how cool it would be to battle in an old wally-world. If it was set up like wally world that'd be cool too.
Willtapeforfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:12 PM #61
Slugfest
Got Dad Strength?

Slugfest plays in the PSP
Slugfest helped look for balloons
Slugfest supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love pancakes View Post
please fill up to 4500 too i hate when they say they do and then they fill to like 2kcuase then u have to refill like after 4 games
lol at this.. only having to refill after every 4 games sounds like a dream case for me.
Full 4500 fills are great, but overrated, so what if u have to refill, it doesn't take long to do. As long as u can get a solid 3000 I'm happy.

I think the reason it is hard for a lot of indoor fields to succeed compared to outdoor fields, is obviously because it requires more money to pay for a building, maintenance etc. I know a few fields are on the field owner's home property which helps them a bunch.
Bottom line is:
It's possible but u definitely need to do your research. Ryan offered his number to u, I say u should definitely give him a call.

CHphoto
●◦●◦●◦◦●◦●◦●
Satisfaction ends progress.
New BST +5 / 0
Slugfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 PM #62
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtapeforfood View Post

There are 3 out of business big-box stores within a mile of me, and all I can think is how cool it would be to battle in an old wally-world. If it was set up like wally world that'd be cool too.

you know ive been thinking that for years.. infact i work at homeland in shawnee as a second job and every time in go in the back room i think of a strategy incase im ever playin pb in there lol
sumsemperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM #63
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtapeforfood View Post
As cool as that is, do you have any idea how much the monthly rent (or mortgage) on one of those is?? Heating/cooling costs??

There is a reason you don't see those getting filled back up too quickly once they close.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups