Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM #1
03/05WRXGuy
The Joker

has been a member for 10 years
03/05WRXGuy supports Empire
New Rev-i Owner And Have Some Questions

Hey guys, I just recently got me a Rev-i since I love the look of them and I wanted to try one out. So I got mine used and the guy who had it before me lost the button pad, and I was wondering if anybody had one lying around I could get cheap. I want the purple one off the dp website but cant make myself spend like 15 dollars to ship something that could fit in a letter envelope... Second thing is I was wondering if I should splurge and get the tech t L7 bolt system and if so do I have to use the toolless backcap or can I just use the stock one with the gauge and is it worth paying the money to upgrade to it? I also was wondering if the rev-i is prone to having problems seeing as im looking at picking up a revi parts/rebuild kit. Thanks!

Here is a pic of my babies...

One of the cool things about my luxe is that the voice pack can be customized to whatever you want like my gangnam style one i have now.

Last edited by 03/05WRXGuy : 01-30-2013 at 09:46 PM.
03/05WRXGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 PM #2
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Legendary
A parts kit is never a bad idea.
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM #3
marcusgar21

I agree with yeti, get a parts kit and the button at the same time. that way you can justify the shipping. or you could check o-ringmonkey, he sometimes has stuff like that and if you ask really nice I bet Dave there would set you up a Rev-I specific care package.

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 PM #4
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Legendary
I the bolt can wait, see if you like how the gun shoots before you start throwing a lot of $ at it

Last edited by Yeti6669 : 01-22-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM #5
marcusgar21

yeti is the man. get it from him either way..
do you have button pads to Yeti?

YETIPB.com

Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM #6
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusgar21 View Post
yeti is the man. get it from him either way..
do you have button pads to Yeti?
I might. I picked up the big dealer parts kit a while back...haven't opened it yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM #7
marcusgar21

i have a dealer parts. and there happens to be no button pads themselves, but bout 20 of each color of buttons

YETIPB.com

Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03/05WRXGuy View Post
Hey guys, I just recently got me a Rev-i since I love the look of them and I wanted to try one out. So I got mine used and the guy who had it before me lost the button pad, and I was wondering if anybody had one lying around I could get cheap. I want the purple one off the dp website but cant make myself spend like 15 dollars to ship something that could fit in a letter envelope... Second thing is I was wondering if I should splurge and get the tech t L7 bolt system and if so do I have to use the toolless backcap or can I just use the stock one with the gauge and is it worth paying the money to upgrade to it? I also was wondering if the rev-i is prone to having problems seeing as im looking at picking up a revi parts/rebuild kit. Thanks!
Unfortunately, this is a some-what common problem with the Rev-i. Don't know why but many have lost the little metal piece that fits around the buttons. As you may know, that little piece is also color specific depending on the color of the marker. As yeti and Marcus have suggested, get yourself a parts kit. The Rev-i parts kit comes with that little piece you are missing along with a bunch of other goodies.

As for the TechT engine situation, I agree that you should hold off and use the marker as is for a while to see how you like it. Once your confident you'll keep it for a while, go ahead and get the TechT engine. You can use the stock backcap BUT it is going to be very difficult to tighten down while putting it on as well as taking it off. You will likely want to either modify the gauge backcap or get the TechT or DP gaugeless backcap to go with the engine (I have the DP one myself).

There are a couple of things to watch out for with the Rev-i. One is bounce - both mechanical trigger bounce and board bounce. This is fixable but it may take some time to figure out. The Gen4 board flash helps this issue as does messing with the trigger adjustment screws to get it just right. The gauge face cracking is another common problem. This is usually just cosmetic and the marker is fine to use if the plastic face of the backcap gauge cracks. The gauge coming lose is another thing to watch for. Some have had the gauge pop out of the backcap and hit them in the mask when playing. There is a screw that holds the backcap in place so make sure that screw is snug at all times. Lastly, I seem to recall something about not setting a specific setting on the board to 0. This would be for a stock APE board with the Gen3 programing. The board would lock up if this setting was set to 0 - I just can't remember what setting it was. Other than those things, regular maintenance and correct lube application is all it needs.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 AM #9
03/05WRXGuy
The Joker

Thanks for all the information so far guys! Im going to try to play this weekend and ill probably use the revi half the day and use my luxe the other half and let yall know what i think about everything. Yeti let me know what you have and how much and i think im going to call dp and ask them why its costing me so much to ship a little button as well...
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM #10
TS4life

If you end up liking it, GET THE L7 BOLT!!! It is amazing, simply put... Super quiet, haven't had a single chop, and allows for lower dwell settings.
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM #11
xmc1146

xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 supports Ninja Paintball
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
also some things to add, do not over lube your gun. some people cake their bolt, especially coming from the luxe. make sure that the back cap where the bolt rest is dry, if not it will cause a bolt stick. you will probably like your revi better than your luxe specially the programming.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM #12
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends X
MaG Adrenal1ne supports Team VICIOUS
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D5 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
TechT bolt is the best upgrade for the gun. There is such a noticable difference you won't believe it. Smoothest shot ever.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM #13
03/05WRXGuy
The Joker

Thanks for all the info guys! Ill probably wind up getting the l7 bolt soon. The revi stock is soooo loud compared to what im used to. It shoots great though and is a really cool gun. I like the clear sleeve so you can watch the bolt move and the switchblade trigger is great too plus im liking the ape board in it but the luxe is still my baby lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM #14
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Thanks for all the info guys! Ill probably wind up getting the l7 bolt soon. The revi stock is soooo loud compared to what im used to. It shoots great though and is a really cool gun. I like the clear sleeve so you can watch the bolt move and the switchblade trigger is great too plus im liking the ape board in it but the luxe is still my baby lol.
Yea, it isn't a Luxe but it can hold it's own. Just so there is no surprise for you, if/when you get the TechT, you won't be able to see the bolt cycle anymore. As for it being loud, I'm sure it is compared to your Luxe but just to be sure, is your dwell set-up correctly? When I first got mine, it was loud and had some kick to it. After I tuned it, both noise and kick went down a little. I don't understand why but they did a little. The TechT engine will make it MUCH more quiet.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM #15
03/05WRXGuy
The Joker

Ok i dont know what the proper settings should be stock for it if you have any input ill see what mine is set at and change it to the recommended settings. I mean its louder than my buddies ego 8 but ya the luxe is super quiet and i wanted something else to compare it to other than the luxe so i used my buddies ego.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM #16
CA_Tectonics

Well, here is a starting point: These are my settings:

REV-I Settings:

Trigger debounce = 30
Solenoid dwell = 13
ABS dwell = 0
ABS reset time = 10
Breech delay = 3
Bolt return = 10
Auto shutoff = 0
Eye mode = STD
Eye process = STD
LED control = blue
Audio control = on
OLED intensity = 10

Keep in mind that these settings work well for my specific Rev-i and for my location. Your "ideal" settings may differ. If you want to get the best performance, be sure you are tuning it correctly and that you are using a quality name-brand battery and good lube.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM #17
03/05WRXGuy
The Joker

Thanks, are the revis real particular with the lube? I use pootys magical lube in my luxe and love it plus it smells like bubble gum lol. I wonder if it would work fine in the revi.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM #18
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Thanks, are the revis real particular with the lube? I use pootys magical lube in my luxe and love it plus it smells like bubble gum lol. I wonder if it would work fine in the revi.
It should do just fine in the Rev-i. Just be sure to go easy on the amount. That is usually the issue with lube on DP markers. They don't need/like very much lube. Just enough to get the o-rings to look wet and the bolt surface slick. Another key thing is that you DO NOT lube the backcap bumper (the black ring inset in the backcap). The middle o-ring on the stock bolt really doesn't need lube either - it's a bumper as well but not as crutial in being dry as that backcap bumper.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM #19
03/05WRXGuy
The Joker

Ok sounds good, thanks for the help and ill adjust my settings to the ones you have tomorrow and let you know how that works out for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM #20
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Ok sounds good, thanks for the help and ill adjust my settings to the ones you have tomorrow and let you know how that works out for me.
- those should work for ya. Just be sure to lube the front part of the bolt (between the first 2 o-rings), the sail o-ring (the last o-ring on the bolt), the backcap stem o-ring (the one that is on the mushroom part of the backcap), and the inside surface of the back of the bolt (where the backcap stem goes into). For the Rev-i drivetrain, you don't need lube anywhere else. The o-rings in the marker body will get lubed from what is on the bolt.