Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 PM #1
kacey

Thumbs down Review of Save Phace 3/10

Ok, me and friend both baught a save phace mask. at first when i first held it i thought "wow this looks sick!" i later tried it on and thought "quite small and a Hard. But hey, I gave it a try anyway. i wore it for 4 rounds of speedball. maybe it was meant for bushballers and scenario ballers more . i dont no. it later fogged up around middle/end of the game. i was choked about that. so that aside heres the pros and cons

PROS:
Looks- to me it looks pretty cool definantly an eye catcher
Tight profile- its tight to your face almost to tight . i tried the mod :cutting the foam" and it helped alot.

CONS:
Hardness- its to hard! totally defeats the purpose of haveing a tight profile!
Tightness- hurts to wear the mask at first, got sore from wearing it.
breathing- to be honest. kinda hard to break out of not enough holes
fogging- thiis sorta goes with breathign because i breath in with my nose and out with my mouth so that leads to warm air and warm air + not enough holes= fogging

conclusion: to save phace

Ok i tried your mask, i gave it another shot. ive tried to fix it. i understand thats its your first generation and there WILL be mistakes. to be honest the only thing i liked was the designs on it. sorry to say but i rate this.
Next time!!!!try and ask the consumers what we want to see! i as a consumer would liek to see. flexibility with alot of comfort. and a vision. but i love the look of the design. plenty of ventalation. SOFT EARS!!! and no need for modding

Yes i have tried many masks personal favorite JT proflex next time give the consumers what they want. jt did a perfect job. Flexible, Customizable, looks, endless style, soft and hard ears, hard and soft bottoms, 260 degrees of vision and voted most comforatable.

3/10

Sorry to say 3/10. and i will be keeping an eye out for the second genetration and will definantly give it another shot good luck on your second generation and that 4% so called to fit turned out to be like 65%
+5/-0
Support Pump, And wear our paint
UNKNOWN:Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second.
fuelpb-Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2008, 09:46 AM #2
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

has been a member for 10 years
Thank you for trying the mask out and giving your review. The mask fits and works differently for each individual so we are glad that you gave it a shot. There are alot of people that love it and there are some that it just doesn't work for.

Alot of the issues that you had with the mask will be remedied in the next generation, however I did want to address the hard shell factor. The reason that we are able to have such great graphic-ability is because of the hard shell. If you try to paint or put graphics on a soft rubbery material, the graphics will not last long. We don't pretend that our mask is for everyone - the soft rubbery mask market is really well covered by the manufacturers that already make those types of masks and we are not looking to be their competition. They have been doing this longer than us and they do a great job with soft rubbery masks.

I'm feeling a bit chatty so I'm going to give you a little bit of history about our company - just so you understand where we came from. We started out with a SUM (Sport Utility Mask) designed to protect the user's face from elements while moving at higher speeds - ie: boats, ATV's, UTV's, Sand Rails, Motorcycles, etc. We were happy and people loved our masks for that application. About a year into this venture, we started getting approached by Paintball and Airsoft players saying they loved our graphics and that our mask would make a great paintball mask. We didn't pay any attention to these comments because we knew that the market was already covered with plenty of mask choices and all those masks were soft and rubbery and ours was not. We figured there was a reason for that and didn't even consider the Paintball and Airsoft market as viable for our company and had no intention of ever making a paintball mask.

After 4 years of Paintballers and Airsoft players hammering us about making a Tactical mask with our graphics and the majority of them were telling us that they did not care about the hard shell we started considering the possibility. We did surveys and asked lots of questions. What we found was that there was a large enough number of players that did not care about the hard shell to justify us making a new mask for the sport.

And after being in this market for the last year, we have discovered this to be true. There are a bunch of players out there that really enjoy having a mask to match their gear or having a different graphic design than everyone else and we are pleased to be able to offer this feature.

If there is anyone out there that only wants to play with a soft rubbery mask then you will not want to buy one of ours - ours is not. However, if you are willing to give our mask a try, you might just be pleasantly surprised with how it works for you.

Thanks again Kacey for your feedback and for trying our mask out. Your comments will go into our designing phase of the next generation for sure!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:07 PM #3
"T-MAC"
({})

has been a member for 10 years
"T-MAC" is playing at Living Legends III
"T-MAC" supports Bob Gurnsey
Im telling you Boss, talk to Jerry about the design I sent him. It will send your sales into a realm you never thought possible. I know this sport, and know it very well, and what I sent to him is a mint waiting to happen
Old 11-07-2008, 02:28 PM #4
kacey

well yea. but as an idea. maybe make the frame hard with your 10/10 graphics, and make the bottom flexible and soft ears. and if the bottom is flexible. put more air venting....just an idea
+5/-0
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 PM #5
AmbushSabre
Where the white women at?

AmbushSabre helped look for balloons
I had an idea because I found that the hardness made more condensation than a soft which creates fog... the idea is to put cloth around the holes to absorb the moisture. any thoughts on that idea??
Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 PM #6
kacey

i have an idea. buy a different mask.
+5/-0