PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM #64
blacklabel000
Jeep 4x4

has been a member for 10 years
wow from the second pic that looks like a toy... its just sooo perfect, flawless man! good job!

good news all! i got my front driveshaft back in and my fresh meats on and just insured the old cherokee an hour ago! its been 3 months in the shop.....i cant wait to drive it again, finally reunited!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2009, 06:35 PM #65
Cow Hunter
RT mag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
where do you live in CT?
southwestern part of the state
Old 01-06-2009, 06:54 PM #66
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

bah, stupid junkyard didn't have any grand cherokees with rear discs so I came home with just a 95' xj brake booster and master cylinder (dual diaphram vs single, and it bolts right in), just need to bend new hardlines from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve.

also got a nifty looking steering stabilizer
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM #67
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Hunter View Post
southwestern part of the state
me too.

I think I've seen your jeep.

in my work parking lot.

hmmmmmm
Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 PM #68
Cow Hunter
RT mag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
me too.

I think I've seen your jeep.

in my work parking lot.

hmmmmmm
perhaps.... work in fairfield area?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:38 PM #69
TheLPB
LOOK LIKE A MYSTERION

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntman794j View Post
wasnt that an international scout in that movie?
it was an EB
Old 01-06-2009, 07:51 PM #70
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Hunter View Post
perhaps.... work in fairfield area?
danbury
Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 PM #71
Cow Hunter
RT mag!

found some pictures from a trip to upstate NY with the jeep

Old 01-06-2009, 11:22 PM #72
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

just took her out to the middle of nowhere tonight to test out the 4wd. just dirt roads with a few good areas of nice soft sand/dirt. Its fun flooring it from a stop and just going instead of spinning (my first 4wd )
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM #73
Antnydude47

Antnydude47 is a Supporting Member
brothers jeep

Old 01-07-2009, 01:00 AM #74
p8ntfreak98
mall crawler

p8ntfreak98 supports Team VICIOUS
33s with a 4in lift? or different?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 AM #75
starforbrian

So... my '03 Wrangler Sport has been down for 3 months. Bad fuel pump seems to be the culprit. I just have to bolt-up the fuel tank and it should be good to go. If all else fails, I'm taking it to the dealership. I'm tired of spending more money on this thing trying to fix it.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:34 AM #76
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It took you 3 months?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:35 AM #77
blacklabel000
Jeep 4x4

love the jeeps guys
Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 AM #78
starforbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
It took you 3 months?
I'm lazy. Leave me alone.

I'd rather ride my moto, anyways, but now that's in the shop for a blown fork seal.

I guess there's no better time to finally finish fixing the heap. I mean Jeep!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM #79
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Did the 95+ XJ booster/master cylinder conversion. Hardly have to push the brakes in for it to stop the same distance as jamming the brakes as hard as possible.

also jbwelding (dont actually have a welder to do it right) a smaller ID washer to take the slop out of the trackbar so that it doesn't clunk. Even if the jbweld fails, it's not going to fall out of the car, it'll just clunk again Eventually I'll have my friend weld one in.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 PM #80
automagwarrior

Sometimes the hole will wallow itself out. I think I'm going to put in a relocation bracket with I get my new steering on (if it ever ****ing shows up)
Old 01-10-2009, 09:07 PM #81
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

yea, I actually drilled out the bracket but then attempted to drill out the sleeve in the track bar and thats some hard metal, I couldn't even begin to drill through it. So I went with the washer route instead for now, like I said eventually I'll take it off and have it welded on. Who knows, people on naxja.org say the jb weld has held for years. I've read bad things about the track bar relocation btw, but I dont really know what I'm talking about when it comes to all this stuff, it may only be if you're lifted so high or something.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 AM #82
automagwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPancake View Post
yea, I actually drilled out the bracket but then attempted to drill out the sleeve in the track bar and thats some hard metal, I couldn't even begin to drill through it. So I went with the washer route instead for now, like I said eventually I'll take it off and have it welded on. Who knows, people on naxja.org say the jb weld has held for years. I've read bad things about the track bar relocation btw, but I dont really know what I'm talking about when it comes to all this stuff, it may only be if you're lifted so high or something.
Yeah its for modified steering. I will have to try the JB weld trick for now though. I have a little slop on my steering as it is, even with an adjustable track bar.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 AM #83
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

mines set overnight, I'm excited to see if it made any improvement. (However I did notice that the dust cover on the upper end of the track bar completely deteriorated and fell apart when I touched it last night

Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 PM #84
Cow Hunter
RT mag!

Had some fun fooling around in the snow today, this thing in 4low is unstoppable, then switch it to 2wd and pull some 62hp powerslides

Closed Thread