PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM #64
Proto57

has been a member for 10 years
I did misunderstand you man, my bad. I hope they get an actual PSP or NPPL set up, i think it will only help them. More people will come, more people will be obligated to by the paint (by means of paying $90 for the paint instead of price of gas to get to CLP and back). And one thing i dont think ANYONE could argue with, the fact that it is a very clean place and the turf isnt torn to hell or coated in blackness.
Proto57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 PM #65
Iceman6
Keep Calm & Chive On

Iceman6 is a Supporting Member
Haven't been here yet but It definately seems closer and WAYYY CLEANER than CLP. If everyone is playing with pumps and pistols what do the ramping speedball guys do? The field layout doest look great but practice is practice in the winter... And for all of us speedball guys hoping for a psp field, the only way we are gonna get one is if we give this company business so how about we start doing that!
Iceman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:15 AM #66
facemower7

iceman6 has it right and us speed ballers don't have to ramp it up (its called semi). and if you buy a case at a place like this you should have plenty of leftovers for next time so 90 isn't that bad

mwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmw
facemower7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM #67
Iceman6
Keep Calm & Chive On

We could always play single finger games! No walking the trigger allowed on semi. Also one hopper or hopper and a pod is also pretty fun.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:37 PM #68
eStrike

Yes, Ohare is alot cleaner than CLP, and the cool thing about the field is that they are always changing the set up every 2 weeks...

As far as the price of paintballs affecting how a speedballer plays, you would think that people wouldnt ramp or walk their triggers, but Ive seen guys go thru a their entire hopper of paint in a game...

Me personally, whenever I go to Ohare, I play with my autococker...

I like Iceman's idea...
eStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:26 PM #69
Ace0rz

Ace0rz is playing at Living Legends III
Ace0rz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ace0rz posts videos on PbNation
all ive really used at Ohare is my pistol..

i only bust out something bigger when people on the other side feel its necessary to stretch their ego 11's legs out on me.
Ace0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM #70
Iceman6
Keep Calm & Chive On

anyone playing tonight?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 PM #71
ryansryans1

ryansryans1 plays in the PSP
ryansryans1 plays in the APPA D4 division
visited ohare today...was blown away with this place!! ohare is the best indoor field iv played at

CPX SPORTS
HOOTERS
Ninja Paintball
P & L Motorsports www.pandlmotorsports.com
EMPIRE
AXE MEN
ryansryans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 PM #72
LPHS4win

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansryans1 View Post
visited ohare today...was blown away with this place!! ohare is the best indoor field iv played at
Thats awesome that you think that man, I am the ref that was there all day. You and the rest of LSD are a great group of guys.
LPHS4win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM #73
pinkion44

pinkion44 supports Sherwood Forest
pinkion44 supports Sherwood Forest
me and my friends went to o hare yesterday for the first time. we had alot of fun with some minor issues. first of all if you are going to play paintball, sometimes you have to pay the big bucks. yes 90 a case aint cheap but what are ya gonna do? they use good paint, premium gold. the field is very well lite up for indoors. if they change up the field every few weeks that will make it more competitive. the field is indoor outdoor carpeting and it feels like there is padding underneath for a nice cushiony feel. they could use a few more refs. but the ones we had were good.we could only play 6 on 6 when i believe if they had more refs we could have had bigger games. when there was a problem with the so called pro players the owner threw is mask on and handled the situation. they do seperate the pros from the novice and beginners which i do think is a good thing, this way everyone can have fun at thier own level. one thing that bothers me is that dont chrono your guns. atleast give the refs a handheld chrono to do random checks. they also have 3000 and 4500 fill stations and you fill your own tank, which i also like. they do have drinks, candy and pizza. o hare is a cool place for winter indoor ball, i will go back i just dont know how they are gonna compete in the summer with the outdoor fields. all the employees were frindly and willing to help if needed. if a had to rate on a scale from 1-10 i would give this place an 8.
pinkion44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:24 PM #74
eStrike

@ pinkion44 - sounds like what happened to me and my friends the last time we were there...there was a paintball team who decided to bonus ball some of players there...some of the players were first time players who were playing with rentals and these guys came blasting at them with their high end markers...but the owner of this place is awesome when it comes to dealing with this, he handled the situation pretty quickly and put a stop to it...
eStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM #75
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eStrike View Post
@ pinkion44 - sounds like what happened to me and my friends the last time we were there...there was a paintball team who decided to bonus ball some of players there...some of the players were first time players who were playing with rentals and these guys came blasting at them with their high end markers...but the owner of this place is awesome when it comes to dealing with this, he handled the situation pretty quickly and put a stop to it...

Same thing happened to me when I was there from I'm guessing the same team. Kids were to afraid to play it was redic.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 AM #76
Iceman6
Keep Calm & Chive On

was there last friday the 7th. Had a great time i cant believe how well maintained the place is. Did anyone else notice they have a bunch of nppl bunkers in the dock behind the chrono? Wonder if they are going to set up a full nppl layout? That would make this place even better. Lights are awsome, turf is awsome, and staff is fantastic. If they had a psp or nppl field set up it would be phenominal. Anyone have issues with the paint this weekend? It was a pretty dimpled and oily on friday? Im assuming it was just an old batch. Glad to see LSD is going to start playing over there would like to meet some of you guys!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 AM #77
CravenMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman6 View Post
We could always play single finger games! No walking the trigger allowed on semi. Also one hopper or hopper and a pod is also pretty fun.
The next time I head out I'm planning on playing pistol only here. The field is small enough that there is less long balling and the games are so quick I never found myself using even half a hopper on semi.
I had a case for 3 players last time. I probably used a bag out of it.
CravenMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:28 PM #78
ryansryans1

ryansryans1 plays in the PSP
ryansryans1 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman6 View Post
was there last friday the 7th. Had a great time i cant believe how well maintained the place is. Did anyone else notice they have a bunch of nppl bunkers in the dock behind the chrono? Wonder if they are going to set up a full nppl layout? That would make this place even better. Lights are awsome, turf is awsome, and staff is fantastic. If they had a psp or nppl field set up it would be phenominal. Anyone have issues with the paint this weekend? It was a pretty dimpled and oily on friday? Im assuming it was just an old batch. Glad to see LSD is going to start playing over there would like to meet some of you guys!!!

some of us will be there from time to time. i just was really impressed by the field and staff! we like family run fields and the family attitudw. this place has it all!! i for sure will be back.

CPX SPORTS
HOOTERS
Ninja Paintball
P & L Motorsports www.pandlmotorsports.com
EMPIRE
AXE MEN
ryansryans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:35 PM #79
pball4life21

pball4life21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tournament field set up?

CPX Sports
Empire Axe
Kee Action Sports
7 Paintball Store
Ninja Air Systems
Hooters
pball4life21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 PM #80
paintthief

paintthief owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintthief is for the Gunfight
im gona be there on friday the 14th anyone wanna meet up there just pm me
paintthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM #81
LPHS4win

Ill be there mosly likely Friday, but im going to with a group of somewhere between 8 and 14 other people. But they are all playing for their first time so i will be just playing with them. They want to try and have it just them bc they want to get a hang of the game before they play others
LPHS4win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 PM #82
paintthief

paintthief owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintthief is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHS4win View Post
Ill be there mosly likely Friday, but im going to with a group of somewhere between 8 and 14 other people. But they are all playing for their first time so i will be just playing with them. They want to try and have it just them bc they want to get a hang of the game before they play others
i totally understand than man. if and when they are ready to play with others or you just wanna play outside the group look for me I'l be the one with a red bandanna and all blue gear
paintthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 PM #83
Iceman6
Keep Calm & Chive On

Pretty sure 4 or 5 of us will be there friday! Sounds like it will be a fun night! I'm thinking about bringing my camera to try and get some action shots...
Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 PM #84
LIL LEG
Camel

LIL LEG plays in the PSP
LIL LEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LIL LEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
we got a group of speedballers going sunday