PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 PM #1
vivalapaintball

Paintball charleston psi fill up?

I've been going to paintball of charleston for 4 years now and I've been using co2 since day one and on getting a new gun and hpa tank to go with it; is t just a rumor or does paintball charleston only fill up to 3000 psi?
vivalapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM #2
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

has been a member for 10 years
rumor sounds fishy. last few times i went 4000psi no prob... all day.. with 500 players.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM #3
vivalapaintball

Oh because people said that they can fill up to 4500 but ur only allowed 3000
vivalapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM #4
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 donated to help Peyton Trent
jojo750 supports Team VICIOUS
jojo750 is Immortal
they only fill to 3k.
when there is a scenario, they fill to 4500.

but on any normal recball day, its 3000.

I won’t buy another dye product as long as John is helping design their guns.
jojo750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM #5
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo750 View Post
they only fill to 3k.
when there is a scenario, they fill to 4500.

but on any normal recball day, its 3000.
copy that. makes sense.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM #6
dgkk12

dgkk12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dgkk12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dgkk12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
they now fill up to 4500 any day
dgkk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM #7
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 is Immortal
When they cut the 2nd full station ON, yes. They started offering 4500 fills.
It's reminding them to cut it on.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM #8
Fuerte

Fuerte owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
When they cut the 2nd full station ON, yes. They started offering 4500 fills.
It's reminding them to cut it on.
Even then they dont turn it on. the last handful of times I went they told me they dont turn it on for normal rec ball.
Fuerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 PM #9
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 is Immortal
if we ask on saturdays, it gets cut ON. usually fills to around 4000-4200psi.
havent had it cut on yet for a speedball day.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 PM #10
Fuerte

Quote:
if we ask on saturdays, it gets cut ON. usually fills to around 4000-4200psi.
havent had it cut on yet for a speedball day.
You must had lucked out. There were a group of guys there asking for them to turn it on they just flat out said it was too much work for them.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM #11
Skeeter_D

Have not been on this site for years, and just look at all of the great misinformation that is out there.

We usually don't run the 4.5k fill stations because some knuckle-heads always try to pump 4.5k into their 3k tanks!!! So... In an effort to reduce the need to replace rupture disks, we usually just run 3k with unlimited fills. All this means is that players should consider toping off their tanks after each game, if they have all day air.

Now that we have the speedball field up and running again AND more people have 4.5k tanks, we have been turning on the 4.5k fill stations more often. We can pump up to about 4.9-5.1k with our two compressors, but that is really overkill for most rec ball players.

The 3k -vs- 4.5k issue is only an effort to prevent a bunch of rupture disk issues. We can pump >4.5k all day, every day, but how many kiddies will come to us saying WE need to replace their rupture disks, when they were the ones who used the wrong fill station.
Skeeter_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 PM #12
Draggunzz
---- LV1----

Draggunzz plays in the MiLP
Draggunzz owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Draggunzz owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Draggunzz plays in the APPA D4 division
Draggunzz supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter_D View Post
Have not been on this site for years, and just look at all of the great misinformation that is out there.

We usually don't run the 4.5k fill stations because some knuckle-heads always try to pump 4.5k into their 3k tanks!!! So... In an effort to reduce the need to replace rupture disks, we usually just run 3k with unlimited fills. All this means is that players should consider toping off their tanks after each game, if they have all day air.

Now that we have the speedball field up and running again AND more people have 4.5k tanks, we have been turning on the 4.5k fill stations more often. We can pump up to about 4.9-5.1k with our two compressors, but that is really overkill for most rec ball players.

The 3k -vs- 4.5k issue is only an effort to prevent a bunch of rupture disk issues. We can pump >4.5k all day, every day, but how many kiddies will come to us saying WE need to replace their rupture disks, when they were the ones who used the wrong fill station.
Draggunzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 PM #13
Trilogy252

Trilogy252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trilogy252 supports Pev's Paintball
Trilogy252 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter_D View Post

Why don't you figure out a way to separate the fill stations so that you don't have as many issues. Everyone I've heard from really like being able to get a fill over 3000.

Either way, why don't you announce the difference in the fill stations as part of the safety briefing?

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Trilogy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 PM #14
Fuerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy252 View Post
Why don't you figure out a way to separate the fill stations so that you don't have as many issues. Everyone I've heard from really like being able to get a fill over 3000.

Either way, why don't you announce the difference in the fill stations as part of the safety briefing?
they have signs that say 4500 and 300 psi fill on the stations.I understand but when a group of players request it I wish they would open it up instead of just forgetting about us.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 AM #15
Skeeter_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuerte View Post
they have signs that say 4500 and 300 psi fill on the stations.I understand but when a group of players request it I wish they would open it up instead of just forgetting about us.
Yep... We have signs up. We have brough it up during safety briefings. We have tried to explain the difference when people buy air tags, etc...

It all comes down to some kiddies think they are "getting more" of something for free, by trying to fill a 3k tank to 4.5k. To the average 14 year old, who thinks that Max Planck is a character on The Family Guy, trying to explain the difference, is pointless. They will still try to overfill their tank, and then come to me with the expectation of a free rupture disk replacement. Some of these kids (and a few adults) just are not too bright. Most of our players "have a clue", but there are always a few standouts on the lower end of the bell curve.

The other option would be to actualy have a "full service" fill station, where a PBC employee would handle each and every fill. I would rather have my refs on the field, than standing by the fill station all day (that job would seriously suck). Of course, my folks get paid for working, so that would increase the cost of air fills, which nobody would want...

I am open to suggestions (like the good ones above), but we have tried many different tactics to keep the fill stations safe, and the best one so far is the 3k limit (sorry to say). We have been running the 4.5k fill station for the past few months and have only had a few rupture disk issues, so maybe this issue is behind us. Lets hope, and please feel free to speak up, if you see a player using the wrong fill station for their tank... A few words of advice to a novice player can go a long way, when it comes to safety, or just helping a player get comfortable with their gear.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM #16
simple_condolences

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D5 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just a consideration as I know most "new" players don't understand the PSI concept and that their lower pressure tank will not stand the higher pressure fills, however the numbers "4500" and "3000" are just that, numbers. To someone who doesn't really quite know any better, they see that and say "MOARRRRRR" A possible, and I think viable, option might be to get either a picture, or the actual tank, so that they say, "hey, my tank gets filled on this one." Basically, another sign. Keep the numbers on the signs, and simply add a picture of a steely tank and a carbon fiber bottle. I understand there are some carbon fiber cylinders which only fill to 3K, however the general example is your usual flat bottom steelie.

Perhaps even getting an old/out of hydro steely and carbon fiber bottle and some how writing on it "fill me here" might suffice if you hang it right in front of the fill stations. Of course, take the reg off and drill/press the bottom so people won't consider pilfering them.

Just my two cents.
NXL Referee 2015 -2015
NCPA Nationals 2015-
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM #17
Skeeter_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
Just a consideration as I know most "new" players don't understand the PSI concept and that their lower pressure tank will not stand the higher pressure fills, however the numbers "4500" and "3000" are just that, numbers. To someone who doesn't really quite know any better, they see that and say "MOARRRRRR" A possible, and I think viable, option might be to get either a picture, or the actual tank, so that they say, "hey, my tank gets filled on this one." Basically, another sign. Keep the numbers on the signs, and simply add a picture of a steely tank and a carbon fiber bottle. I understand there are some carbon fiber cylinders which only fill to 3K, however the general example is your usual flat bottom steelie.

Perhaps even getting an old/out of hydro steely and carbon fiber bottle and some how writing on it "fill me here" might suffice if you hang it right in front of the fill stations. Of course, take the reg off and drill/press the bottom so people won't consider pilfering them.

Just my two cents.
Hmmm... I like it! Make it as simple as possible WITH pictures!!! It's still amazing that some people don't understand that 3000PSI and 4500 PSI are not the same thing.

I did have one guy use the 4.5k fill station to fill his bottle to 3k (like pumping gas, I guess). He just watched both guages & released the fill button at 3k. NOT a great idea, but it was still an "IDEA"...

I'll have Geoff make new signs, WITH pictures, that we will post at our fill stations... Thanks for the input!!!

Last edited by Skeeter_D : 04-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM #18
XpLiCiT88

every other field that fills to 4.5k has to deal with the same idiots, but they dont use that as an excuse to not have 4.5k fills.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM #19
AlexanderPB

It doesnt seem that anyone has a direct answer

PBC Greenville
AlexanderPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 PM #20
simple_condolences

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D5 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT88 View Post
every other field that fills to 4.5k has to deal with the same idiots, but they dont use that as an excuse to not have 4.5k fills.
Every other field doesn't draw a recreational crowd of 300+ every single weekend, of which at least half are continuing players with their own gear and 50 with 3k tanks. They're justified in what they do.

Skeeter. Glad my input could be of some use! If nothing else though, you guys should open up the 4500 right before the hour long game to finish the day! It sucks realizing you're out of air with only 15 minutes or so left in the game and that extra 1500 psi might just be enough to push you through the final battle(s)!
NXL Referee 2015 -2015
NCPA Nationals 2015-
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups