Advertisement
Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 PM #23
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Our entire back line for D2 shoot the demons and 2 backs guys on D4 shoot them as well. We get 10-12 pods off a 68 and more than that off a 72.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 PM #24
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Do they have a lot of problems. I think the creed sucked so I was nervous about the demon
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 PM #25
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
I haven't had any issues with mine. One thing is to get some DOW 55 lube for the orings. It works better than the monkeypoo (Dow 33) that comes with it.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:11 PM #26
Joe13750

Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
i owned a clone vx and a demon.. i would take a demon over the clone anyday.. Smoother and quieter imo.. also a dm with a techt bolt is pretty damn effincent too
#7 ORLANDO

2017 Atlantic City D4 Xball Champs
Joe13750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 PM #27
TeamLeadersAccount

Yup
Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 AM #28
FightingOriole
No sanity here

plays in the NXL
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
I am a back guy and have only put my trust in the Vanguard Demon....bought it after only about 3 months of it being out and love the thing to death...i can get 7-8 pods plus my hopper and have pleanty of air left, havent had the desire to shoot a case just for the sake of air efficiency...maintaining the Demon is crazy simple...in comparison to other spoolies that have 13+ orings in just the bolt/drive trian, the demon has only 7, and in using Dow 55 the o-rings swell just enough to give you the perfect fit. if you look in https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3680503 that is a full review of my experience with the demon...

I AM NOT SPONSORED, A SALES MAN, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY AFFILIATED WITH VANGUARD!! JUST A CUSTOMER THAT IS BLOWN AWAY BY THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE QUALITY OF THEIR GUNS!!!
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:57 AM #29
pjerzy1

plays in the NXL
pjerzy1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pjerzy1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pjerzy1 is an NCPA player
pjerzy1 plays in the APPA D4 division
i have heard that the demons have had some problems. that is why i didnt get one and i got my clone vx. a player at my local field said that he ordered a demon and that i would get the chance to use it. he came to the field with it the next weekend but didnt use it. i asked him why he was using his geo instead of that and he told me that the gun leaked right out of the box. he bought it brand new. so that as killed it for me with vanguard. i had a creed and it was full of problems.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 PM #30
Super Doc

The teams that I have played on have been sponsored by Dye for the past 2 out of 3 seasons and they make outstanding guns. I had no problems with my DM9 whatsoever and I loved the feel and balance of my NT, the only problem is my NT was not always consistant (could be the paint) and it had problems shooting brittle paint.

At Cup this year I played on 2 teams and we had to shoot different paint for each team...Ultra Evil on one and GI 5 star for the other. My NT could not shoot the GI 5 star at all and occasionally broke the Ultra Evil. I borrowed my friend's (Frank Connell) Vanguard Demon and it shot everything and I did not break another ball the remainder of the event, and we made it to finals on both teams. As for efficiency, I am a back player and normally go on the field with no less than 12 pods. I had no problems shooting that amount of paint without running out of air. The OLED board was a breeze to switch between his Canadian rules of 15 bps and PSP 12.5 and as I scrolled through the board's menu it was extremely easy to do anything with it. It also had very little kick so I was able to stay on my lane or target shooting one handed and constantly reloading with the other.

I have been playing for many years and have shot just about everything. What gun am I going to be playing D1 with this next season for PSP and NPPL....Vanguard Demon.

I will also let you know that our team is not doing a gun sponsor for this next season, it is what I choose to shoot not what I have to shoot.

PM me and I will give you Frank's telephone number if you are interested in a Vanguard Demon, he has the hook-up.

Last edited by Super Doc : 11-15-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Super Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:07 PM #31
cslguy

Hey guys this isnt my thread but any suggestions on pretty smooth and somewhat reliable spoolies? NO Geo! I have looked at an NT10 but heard they are hit or miss. I would like to buy here but I think Demons used are maybe out of my budget
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM #32
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Since you mention the NT10, put a NT11 spool, guide, and manifold in the NT10, and it'll be quite reliable and shoot fine. I have yet to find an NT10 upgraded with those parts that still have issues (can be purchased from Dye for like $80)
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:49 PM #33
TeamLeadersAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslguy
Hey guys this isnt my thread but any suggestions on pretty smooth and somewhat reliable spoolies? NO Geo! I have looked at an NT10 but heard they are hit or miss. I would like to buy here but I think Demons used are maybe out of my budget
Not efficient enough lol
Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM #34
KIngOfjoos45

KIngOfjoos45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KIngOfjoos45 supports Team VICIOUS
KIngOfjoos45 is for the Gunfight
All stock luxe tuned perfectly with 45 45 I get 8pods

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.
KIngOfjoos45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:41 PM #35
cslguy

Thanks guys, what are normal problems that NT10's have?
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 PM #36
Super Doc

The NT10's and 11's are based upon the same platform and Dye has made some "upgrades" to the 11's that were supposed to correct the problems that arose with the 10's. Having said that, I have shot a 10 for the past 2 seasons and I love the feel and balance of the gun and the way it shoots. I was having problems shooting very brittle paint, lets face it...my NT10 could not shoot GI 3-5 star at all. I practice with Tampa Bay Damage and they all have NT11's and in practice they were experiencing the same problems with being able to shoot brittle paint. If you ask them they feel the same as I do, that the NT10's shot better than the NT11's. If you followed World Cup this year you will notice that the whole Damage team shot DM12's. They did that because of the brittle paint they were shooting and the DM12's were amazing. Chad let me use his DM12 for two games and I did not have any problems with any paint whatsoever.

Since were are a Dye sponsored team Rocky put in the upgrades to my NT10 that the gentleman above was talking about. The gun shoot a little smoother, but at Cup this year I could not shoot the GI 4 or 5 star, it still broke in my breach. Thankfully my friend Frank let me shoot his Vanguard Demon and I did not break another ball for the rest of the tournament.

Other than the ability to be able to shoot brittle paint, the Dye NT10's are great guns.
Super Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 PM #37
venturacougar1

did yo end up getting a clone? for the most part the clones ive seen honestly aint to efficient they get 5 maybe 6 pods idk if thats enough for a back player same thing goes for a luxe. thats what ive seen. at of all the markers you looking at their all great just depends what you want personally DM or NT are very efficient and shoot so so smooth. well at least for mine dont listen to people complaining that NT suck they just dont know how to maintain them if you read the manual and call dye if you have any questions youll be fine. but most people dont do that and get problems and thus blame it on the gun when its their fault. DM12 is amazing shoots fantastic hardly any maintance need nothing more than 1 min of lubing and stuff and it just shoots great great
venturacougar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:10 PM #38
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturacougar1 View Post
did yo end up getting a clone? for the most part the clones ive seen honestly aint to efficient they get 5 maybe 6 pods idk if thats enough for a back player same thing goes for a luxe. thats what ive seen. at of all the markers you looking at their all great just depends what you want personally DM or NT are very efficient and shoot so so smooth. well at least for mine dont listen to people complaining that NT suck they just dont know how to maintain them if you read the manual and call dye if you have any questions youll be fine. but most people dont do that and get problems and thus blame it on the gun when its their fault. DM12 is amazing shoots fantastic hardly any maintance need nothing more than 1 min of lubing and stuff and it just shoots great great
I have a feeling the Clones you've seen weren't VX's. The VX drive improved efficiency. Amongst other things.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 PM #39
TeamLeadersAccount

Yes I ended up ordering the clone
Old 11-18-2011, 11:26 PM #40
Unactive
SNOW WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

Unactive is playing at Living Legends V
Unactive owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unactive is for the Gunfight
Clones are sweet! Might have to get myself one as an upgrade after shooting one this past weekend.
Unactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM #41
rooster_2010

Ok a little advice on a spool gun you need to shoot all the different spools you can shoot before you decide which one you like. I have owned a DROID, geo, dm6, pm7, pmr, nt, shockers, and they all were very smooth but my favorite out of them all was my nt it was tuned to 110 psi and I got off of a 68/45 filled to 3000psi was about 9 pods and it was the smoothest gun I have ever owned. You will get people who are die hard fans of a certain gun trying to sway you but you have to decide for you. I have shot but not owned almost every other spool out as well. If youhave a question pm me I will be happy to answer.
rooster_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:05 PM #42
TeamLeadersAccount

Thanks broham