Tiga88
USAF

plays in the NXL
Tiga88 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Tiga88 supports Team VICIOUS
Tiga88 plays in the APPA D4 division
Tiga88 is Legendary
Should I buy a used NT11?

Soooo I'm looking into buying a used NT11 from trademygun. The thing is I have no experience with one. Basically what I'm saying is... enlighten me..
I need to know if I should buy an NT and what I need to know about them. Sorry if I sound like a bum over this whole situation but I have heard a lot of good and bad things about these markers.
Tiga88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 07:29 PM #2
youknowitall
Rick

has been a member for 10 years
Best feeling Marker hands down. Chops paint like crazy though. I'm sure you read that about it and it is true. Do not bother, just get a DM.
youknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM #3
Blusylver

Dont listen to that moron.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM #4
youknowitall
Rick

Stop being such a Lady about it,you know it's truth. It's been a problem with the marker since day one.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM #5
ProtoSkillz

They only chop paint when something causes it to. If you enjoy maintenance of your guns, I would recommend it. Clean and re-lube it after every use. Billy Wing also mods them and has them running great for a good price, but even if he doesn't regular maintenance does the job. Lighter than and smaller than a DM. Dm's are great but if you are willing to keep up with it, an NT will work very well.
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM #6
Blusylver

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitall View Post
Stop being such a Lady about it,you know it's truth. It's been a problem with the marker since day one.
The only problem's is idiots who cant read a manual and are to lazy to lube. And then their are the people who believe what the lazy idiots write about the gun.

I can go shoot ultra evil all day long with out a single chop

Last edited by Blusylver : 11-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Blusylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 PM #7
monty97

I am pretty much strictly a Planet Eclipse user but I used my NT 11 all last Saturday and it worked flawless all day long. If you say NT's chop like crazy then you obviously dont know how to maintain your equipment or your just a complete D bag.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 PM #8
youknowitall
Rick

Yeah I know your right it's was me, that's why they stopped making the entire NT line. It was flawed, thousands of people are wrong and it was user error for the chops and flops.
If you get a good one great like I said the feel and fit in your hands i don't think can be matched. IF you can get a good one.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 PM #9
Blusylver

Lube it and maintain it and it will be "good one"
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM #10
ProtoSkillz

Quote:
Yeah I know your right it's was me, that's why they stopped making the entire NT line. It was flawed, thousands of people are wrong and it was user error for the chops and flops.
If you get a good one great like I said the feel and fit in your hands i don't think can be matched. IF you can get a good one.
We don't know if it was stopped or just put on hold. There has been talk of it being redone because although the idea was great it wasn't exactly executed in the best way. My opinion is for that price it should work flawlessly out of the box. There were many updates for it and even on the 11 some have HAD to be BWing'd to work the right way. For me, which i guess I'm lucky, was awesome out of the box. I did read about many horror stories and was told not to get it. Good thing I didn't listen.
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 AM #11
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA beginner division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Let me correct you. Thousands of people are stupid. Let's be honest here, the online paintball community is mostly kids under the age of 18, probably even 16, who are too ignorant to read the damn manual. If you follow the guidelines laid out by Dye and set the marker to the correct psi, you will not have any issues 99% of the time.

Now, the problem is that the people who do have problems are those who are too lazy to understand the mechanics of a marker and they feel they should complain about it to everyone online. This leads to the entire platform being looked down upon, which honestly makes no sense. I have had many people at the field I play at scoff at my NT11, then they shoot it and are impressed. I'm sick of this B.S. NT hate all the time.
MaSsAcRe251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 AM #12
rooster_2010

I personally shoot my nt10 over anything on the market and have never had a chop in well over 20-30 cases it is the only gun I will ever shoot again. from what I understand the nt line was put on hold to be revamped to be a little more (minor) friendly. I enjoy the smoothness and efficiency of the gun which no other spool besides the clone ft or vs can touch. but the clone series is a very complicated line of gun to do anything with. the guys at cup for dye said prepaid to be amazed at the next new gun to be released. they may have perfected the no macro line set up and that may be the next nt style who knows. it did take them 5 years or so to completely develop the nt line so just be patient and get you a nt10-11 and just shoot it and have fun.
rooster_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 PM #13
Tiga88
USAF

plays in the NXL
Tiga88 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Tiga88 supports Team VICIOUS
Tiga88 plays in the APPA D4 division
Tiga88 is Legendary
Thanks guys
Tiga88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:56 PM #14
GaryR1984

Love my NT11.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM #15
G00DFELLA
M0S-H8D

G00DFELLA plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
G00DFELLA plays in the APPA D2 division
Thumbs up for the nt purchase...do it. They had a bad rep but it's because kids don't maintance them. Also trademygun is s good guy and his nt's are going for cheap.

Gearbag Sale!
G00DFELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM #16
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSsAcRe251 View Post

Let me correct you. Thousands of people are stupid. Let's be honest here, the online paintball community is mostly kids under the age of 18, probably even 16, who are too ignorant to read the damn manual. If you follow the guidelines laid out by Dye and set the marker to the correct psi, you will not have any issues 99% of the time.

Now, the problem is that the people who do have problems are those who are too lazy to understand the mechanics of a marker and they feel they should complain about it to everyone online. This leads to the entire platform being looked down upon, which honestly makes no sense. I have had many people at the field I play at scoff at my NT11, then they shoot it and are impressed. I'm sick of this B.S. NT hate all the time.
Of course you are right, but IF YOU KNOW YOUR TARGET BUYER will not perform weekly maintenance then why design a marker that REQUIRES IT. I perform my maintenance and as an adult owner I know the benefits, but PE designs markers that perform well without this. Of course, I just starting my DYE adventure having just bought a DM 11. Too be honest I shied away from the NT line because of the bad press.
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM #17
Rangerspb

Rangerspb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rangerspb is for the Gunfight
Rangerspb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rangerspb supports DLX Technology
I love the bad press! It just let me steal one of these badass guns for cheaper than any of its contemporaries, thumbs up!!
Rangerspb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM #18
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

I never said anything about maintenance. I'm talking about setting the gun to a proper pressure range. If it's out of that it's not gonna shoot right.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM #19
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerspb View Post
I love the bad press! It just let me steal one of these badass guns for cheaper than any of its contemporaries, thumbs up!!
This.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 PM #20
Badd05
Balls Deep!!!

Badd05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Badd05 supports Team VICIOUS
Badd05 supports Team VICIOUS
Badd05 posts videos on PbNation
Badd05 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Badd05 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Badd05 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Im finally thinking about selling my nt11, its been my baby and just sits b/c I never get to play so I need somebody to put it to use. I love how it gets so much hate and yet performs for me the way it does every time, there has to be something to that...

Badd05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM #21
spyder20
the magical mystery kind

plays in the NXL
spyder20 supports DLX Technology
spyder20 supports Ninja Paintball
Honestly its ones of the most convenient guns I've shot.. set it up once and never have to worry about the chrono.. every week same fps.. its great

609Boyz♠
The Playground
spyder20 is offline   Reply With Quote