PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM #421
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

has been a member for 10 years
I cannot stand players who dive and get the foul and stillll act like they are injured.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 PM #422
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Also SAF "points the finger at Mancini" for pressuring the refs on the touchline.

Kettle? Black?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 PM #423
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nePhantom View Post
Also SAF "points the finger at Mancini" for pressuring the refs on the touchline.

Kettle? Black?
I thought SAF was accusing Mancini of sending in DeJong to injure a player. DeJong does have a history of thuggery, and SAF exploded just after DeJong committed a serious foul.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

WTB Action Markers Diadem

Old feedback
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM #424
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ger-at-Mancini
was the article I read
Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 PM #425
custar

Quote:
I was just going by the timing of the outburst and de Jong's rep, but I think that article bears out both our interpretations.

"The managers had to be kept apart on the touchline by fourth official Mike Jones after a difference of opinion over Nigel de Jong's foul on Danny Welbeck led to angry words and gestures being exchanged, . . ."

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams

Old feedback
Old 05-01-2012, 11:21 PM #426
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBananas View Post
"It just isn't smash mouth long ball EPL style."

Aaron, this isn't the 90s anymore..very few teams play anything remotely close to a "smash mouth long ball "EPL" style". I'd be interested to who you think does.
You kidding me? Stoke? Tottenham? United? Chelsea? Wolves? Blackburn? QPR? Bolton? Newcastle? Liverpool?

The only two teams that really only rely on the short passing game are Swansea and Arsenal.

The first option is always to look long and play high low from there. It might not be as direct as it was in the 90s, but long ball is still a dominant tactic mixed in with short passing if the long one isn't on.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 AM #427
liamsanchez

liamsanchez posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
It looked like SAF started the game playing for a tie. It seemed like Park was assigned to run around in the center and try to run down Manchester City. Starting Scholes I understand, but Young and Nani are both better options on the left than Giggs now.

If this game did not show how desperate the need is for improvement in central midfield, nothing will. Having to pull a forward position back into midfield was a clear signal of concern about being overrun in a four midfielder configuration. And Cleverly is not the answer even when he is healthy.

I agree with nePhantom about De Gea. He is able to make some reaction saves, but he has near zero control over his box and about the same level of interest in attaining control. That said, this loss was not on De Gea but on SAF for his player selection and tactics.

custar
Yeah i agree with you there, like i say, Sir Alex was playing for a draw, which you could tell from the midfield line up, but with 20 mins left to go Sir Alex swapped it all around and brought 3 more attacking players on to have a go, but too little too late..

And yeah DeGea can make some great saves and has very good reactions but hes only a small lad, tall yes, but he does not have the stature of a Premier League goal keeper, i think he only weighs about 80kg, i mean i can bench more than that!!

And the fact that hes small stature weight wise, and the fact that the League sees alot of crosses, and alot of play in the 6 yard box causes him problems, as its different in Spanish football, but i think Uniteds plans are to beef him up abit. You wait, in a few years time he will be one of the best keepers and Spains no.1
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 AM #428
DM6pb64
w Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsanchez View Post
Yeah i agree with you there, like i say, Sir Alex was playing for a draw, which you could tell from the midfield line up, but with 20 mins left to go Sir Alex swapped it all around and brought 3 more attacking players on to have a go, but too little too late..

And yeah DeGea can make some great saves and has very good reactions but hes only a small lad, tall yes, but he does not have the stature of a Premier League goal keeper, i think he only weighs about 80kg, i mean i can bench more than that!!

And the fact that hes small stature weight wise, and the fact that the League sees alot of crosses, and alot of play in the 6 yard box causes him problems, as its different in Spanish football, but i think Uniteds plans are to beef him up abit. You wait, in a few years time he will be one of the best keepers and Spains no.1
Spain's number 1? Maybe. One of the best? Doubt it

Originally Posted by Chawlie_Boy: I have a small cock

Originally Posted by sucka T.: I have a smaller cock
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM #429
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Wow, what a brace by Papiss Cisse... The second goal was probably goal of the season for me.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 PM #430
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM6pb64 View Post
Spain's number 1? Maybe. One of the best? Doubt it
You beat me to it.

You know, the alleged theft of the frosted donut WOULD be consistent with an effort to beef him up. On the other hand, stealing a PINK frosted donut doesn't exactly inspire respect from other players. At least he should have made off with something manly like a bear claw. And the phone number of the cute counter staff. That would have been bonus points.

custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback
Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 PM #431
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CISSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA BOY!!!!!

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM #432
JohnnyBananas

Well, that's a shame lol....score two away at Barca then lose to Newcastle. Well if we win the CL somehow then top four doesn't really matter....not really counting on that though.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:10 PM #433
osckey123
Definition of Class

Which is why I'm rooting for Bayern.

"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 PM #434
GIZMO8Z
(|||+)

GIZMO8Z is a Supporting Member
Anybody see Fiorentina's coach attack one of his players?
Quote:
Fiorentina have officially fired Delio Rossi after he attacked Adem Ljajic in a dugout brawl (watch video below). “Unfortunately we had to take this decision.”

There were astounding scenes in the 2-2 draw with Novara when Ljajic was substituted after 36 minutes and sarcastically applauded the Coach, apparently also hurling insults.

Rossi lost his calm and attacked the teenage player, grabbing him by the neck and raining down a series of blows on his head when falling into the dugout.

“Unfortunately it was a serious incident and it’s all the more amazing considering he is such a calm person, but we had to fire the Coach," said patron Andrea Della Valle.

“In recent years this club has done great things with certain values and unfortunately we had to take this decision to sack the tactician. Tomorrow morning we will take more decisions and there will be time to find a replacement.

“It’s the last decision we wanted to take, but we feel it is also for his own good. I hadn’t realised what happened at the time, as I was in the stands and you cannot see it from there.

“We talked and he gave his explanation. He is ready to apologise, as he is such a good man, as proved throughout his career, but I had to make this decision. We are sorry for Rossi, as he does not deserve to be seen all over the world acting this way, but it was a serious incident and we had to fire him.

“There has been so much stress that accumulated over the last few months, although there can be no justification. When he sees the footage too, he will realise exactly what happened."

Rossi was brought in on November 7 to replace Sinisa Mihajlovic.

“There will also be punishment for the player, as he provoked the Coach, even if there should not have been such a reaction.

“Again, tomorrow we will discuss what exactly happened and what Ljajic said. Tomorrow we begin again. It’s sad that we were almost safe and are now in this situation, but we need one more point.”

Also, Milan beat Atalanta 2-0 and Juve shot themselves in the foot and only tied against Lecce. Milan are within a point!

Robin Hood(100% Positive Feedback(Old Format))
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 PM #435
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Haha douchey little kid. Got what he deserved.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 PM #436
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

In other news. Tell me this isnt the goal of the season.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 PM #437
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
New Castle is becoming a dangerous team... I hope they don't sell them all. Going down to FAU for a ID camp and my high school team lost in damn penalty kicks again in the state play offs. I wish extra time would just go on and on, untill someone would win...
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM #438
xfactor6911

xfactor6911 plays in the PSP
xfactor6911 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xfactor6911 is an NCPA player
xfactor6911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yea can someone explain to me how Newcastle goes from relegated to top 4?

OSUPB

Sponsored by Planet Eclipse, Paintball Xcape, SplatterPark
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 PM #439
osckey123
Definition of Class

A. We brought in Allen Pardew (who is a genious)

B. We made smart acquisitions. While the big clubs spent their big purses on big name flop players, we brought in the likes of Ba and Cisse.

C. We cleaned house of our older players.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 PM #440
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

They wouldnt be so high up if Liverpool hadnt funded a complete squad overhaul lol
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 PM #441
osckey123
Definition of Class

Quote:
They wouldnt be so high up if Liverpool hadnt funded a complete squad overhaul lol
Ya about that, thanks for helping us unload some dead weight.

Closed Thread